• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Sharmon the Impaler

80% in Inno's mind >> 15 attacks and 9 attrition gained.

Why do they have to always under deliver ?

Fly me and two of my assistants over to Germany and put me up for two weeks and I can train your staff on how to deal with clients. My mediation rate is $215/hr Canadian but I will discount you if you implement my recommendations.

PJS299

If this is Diamond then I guess there is still room to coop/ally in Diamond with the right guilds working with other guilds just like before the change. Is that correct?
In theory, but guilds are going to want to get placed higher (1st) so they can get more frags of the Tower.

Pericles the Lion

80% in Inno's mind >> 15 attacks and 9 attrition gained.

Why do they have to always under deliver ?

Fly me and two of my assistants over to Germany and put me up for two weeks and I can train your staff on how to deal with clients. My mediation rate is $215/hr Canadian but I will discount you if you implement my recommendations.
Just in case we are to take you literally, here are my stats from today. 562 battles (all on 20% sectors) 104 attrition. 18.5%. They don't "always underdeliver".

Slavo76

With guild field camp which gives 52% chance of no attrition increase and fortified barracks in adjacent sector that gives 60% chance of no attrition I am still raking attrition when attacking a sector those two sectors are adjacent to with buildings inside....
So, combined % of 112 why am I still raking up attrition?
INNO?

INNO, you also killed all smaller guilds with those goods extortion prices.

Be Chuille

With guild field camp which gives 52% chance of no attrition increase and fortified barracks in adjacent sector that gives 60% chance of no attrition I am still raking attrition when attacking a sector those two sectors are adjacent to with buildings inside....
So, combined % of 112 why am I still raking up attrition?
INNO?

INNO, you also killed all smaller guilds with those goods extortion prices.
There is no zero attrition. There is a cap of 80% reduction on attrition.

I agree about the goods costs killing smaller guilds.

Sharmon the Impaler

The 80% attrition in the lower leagues is also killing GBG off for the smaller guilds too. Up to silver it should be zero attrition cap to allow them to play. Gold make it a 90% cap and Platinum and Diamond keep it at 80%. Problem would be solved , you go up higher then the cap starts hitting you. The current way they discourage even getting into GBG for the smaller guilds.

Be Chuille

The 80% attrition in the lower leagues is also killing GBG off for the smaller guilds too. Up to silver it should be zero attrition cap to allow them to play. Gold make it a 90% cap and Ptatinum and Diamond keep it at 80%. Problem would be solved , you go up higher then the cap starts hitting you. The current way they discourage even getting into GBG for the smaller guilds.

That would make sense.
But they would need to lower the cost of the buildings per league too. Right now it costs too much for the small guilds to buy the buildings to get to low attrition.

Sharmon the Impaler

That would make sense.
But they would need to lower the cost of the buildings per league too. Right now it costs too much for the small guilds to buy the buildings to get to low attrition.
Notice that my first sentence says "too" at the end , yes of course lower the goods costs in the lower leagues.

Ebeondi Asi

No one is being 'killed'. They are being given the opportunity to work on building up their Treasury GBs to be able to " in the future" play GbG. That some Guilds give up is not Inno's problem. it is the leadership of those Guilds that is the problem. Every Guild that plays GbG should be telling all it's players they have to level up Treasury Gbs like crazy for the next few months.
It is a problem of the commons. Few players accept the responsibility of keeping the Treasury full.
It's always someone else who is supposed to do it. Or, they think they are giving way more, when in fact they are barely adding a fraction of their fair share.
Another way to help handle the Treasury is to get all players to move or stay in a few Eras, instead of all over the place. I found it really easy to move several Eras all at once by planning ahead. Gettign the goods by trading up at fair trade. (Not beggng)

Sharmon the Impaler

No one is being 'killed'. They are being given the opportunity to work on building up their Treasury GBs to be able to " in the future" play GbG. That some Guilds give up is not Inno's problem. it is the leadership of those Guilds that is the problem. Every Guild that plays GbG should be telling all it's players they have to level up Treasury Gbs like crazy for the next few months.
It is a problem of the commons. Few players accept the responsibility of keeping the Treasury full.
It's always someone else who is supposed to do it. Or, they think they are giving way more, when in fact they are barely adding a fraction of their fair share.
Another way to help handle the Treasury is to get all players to move or stay in a few Eras, instead of all over the place. I found it really easy to mov several Eras all at once by planning ahead. Gettign the goods by trading up at fair trade. (Not beggng)
All this is true but you have to keep the game running while this gets sorted out. Give the smaller guilds an entry point in GBG and they will have a reason to do all this. Keep it as everyone gets slammed and you will see GBG change into a 1,2,3 competition with no room for anyone else.

Pericles the Lion

The 80% attrition in the lower leagues is also killing GBG off for the smaller guilds too. Up to silver it should be zero attrition cap to allow them to play. Gold make it a 90% cap and Platinum and Diamond keep it at 80%. Problem would be solved , you go up higher then the cap starts hitting you. The current way they discourage even getting into GBG for the smaller guilds.
What's to prevent big hitters that are capped at 600, or so, fights/day from guild jumping amongst gold League guilds where they can go back to near-endless battles?

Sharmon the Impaler

What's to prevent big hitters that are capped at 600, or so, fights/day from guild jumping amongst gold League guilds where they can go back to near-endless battles?
They would push that guild into the 80% cap and not many guilds that are working to stay in Silver would allow this. At least not after the first time it happens and they get locked out after the "Uber Fighter" moves on. The majority of big hitters are loyal to the guilds they are in anyway.

Angry.Blanket

Maybe Inno could takes some goods from the big guilds and give it to the small inactive guilds so things would be more fair and the small guilds wouldn't have to work so hard. Make is so a portion say 45% of a big guilds income automatically gets spread out amongst the small guilds treasurys. This would allow the small guilds to stay small and still be able to have the same rewards as the bigger guilds/players

xivarmy

Guilds barely build in gold/silver. The attrition cap is meaningless there - it doesn't need lowering.

Amitola1

As a leader of a small guild (member wise) we took care of our treasury by requiring OBS and ARC. However, we have to find a way to keep members from Age jumping. As GBG leader of that same guild I have been able to work with the 3 tier GBG buildings to accomplish our goal to stay in Platinum for the time being. Our treasury is sound enough to generally use the middle building of the tier but not strong enough for Diamond yet. In Platinum you don't need to spend Diamonds to do it. I agree that for new guilds it will be difficult to impossible to navigate GBG due to the cost of even the least expensive buildings. I actually prefer the new GBG to the old one because of this. It will take time for both INNO and guilds to work out the kinks. Concerning attrition there is something that can work to have a higher % to gain it. When guilds use Decoys or Traps you can easily have much more than 100% chance to gain attrition by doubling it. The number of additional advances can also enter into making it much more difficult to flip tiles. So there is a lot of work to be done by both INNO, guilds and players to iron the new GBG issues out.

Sharmon the Impaler

Maybe Inno could takes some goods from the big guilds and give it to the small inactive guilds so things would be more fair and the small guilds wouldn't have to work so hard. Make is so a portion say 45% of a big guilds income automatically gets spread out amongst the small guilds treasurys. This would allow the small guilds to stay small and still be able to have the same rewards as the bigger guilds/players
Instead of your childish passive aggressive response , how about offering up a better idea ?

Dursland

I wonder if punishing small guilds was perhaps part of inno's intent?

For years and years now, small guilds have been able to dominate thanks to the fact a few good fighters can clean up in GvG. Especially these days if they are using automated methods.

While that has continued, we have seen the number of large guilds keep shrinking. I remember when it would be 6 or 7 pages of 70+ member guilds. Now it's half that, or less.

Perhaps inno is trying to reverse this decline and force everyone into larger guilds? I can't see how it would help their bottom line but it's the only reasoning I can think of for making the system so aggressive towards small guilds.

xivarmy

I wonder if punishing small guilds was perhaps part of inno's intent?

For years and years now, small guilds have been able to dominate thanks to the fact a few good fighters can clean up in GvG. Especially these days if they are using automated methods.

While that has continued, we have seen the number of large guilds keep shrinking. I remember when it would be 6 or 7 pages of 70+ member guilds. Now it's half that, or less.

Perhaps inno is trying to reverse this decline and force everyone into larger guilds? I can't see how it would help their bottom line but it's the only reasoning I can think of for making the system so aggressive towards small guilds.
I'm still perfectly happy in my small guilds thanks. And consider this an improvement! The biggest impediment to a small guild that wants to hold their own and not be in a farming coop is the effectiveness of the coop in shutting them down! Neuter that and they do as well or poorly as they deserve - and that's all anyone can ask for. You cannot be shut-in by a single guild, it takes an alliance - and if the weaker member of that alliance is someone you can compete with as you're now on a level playing field with the same 80% reduction they have and they're actually running out of attrition, your chances to break out of jail for a bit are markedly improved.

I was happiest early on in GBG when I'd still get spanked in diamond but the rounds in platinum were competitive - so i got a season off to recharge for my next round of fun. So far it looks like that might be coming back from the rounds i'm in (platinum is more lively than it's been in over a year). Plus it'll be less uncomfortable being spanked in diamond - or if I wind up in a group like the one sharmon keeps posting, I might even be able to fight to stay in diamond.

The change is all about putting the battle back in battlegrounds. It's the gutless weakish medium-sized guilds that formed coop pacts that lost their power. Good riddance. Matchmaking, while still flawed, works best when it's a FFA other guilds want to do their best in :)