• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

inno

thathurts

why are innos developers so useless? take a look at guild raides someone at inno got it in their heads that it was a good idea to poof gvg for that heap of crap

UBERhelp1

It's surprising how much hate Incursions is getting before it even launches. We suspect we know what we will be getting, but we by no means know for certain, nor exactly how it will all function.

Johnny B. Goode

It's surprising how much hate Incursions is getting before it even launches. We suspect we know what we will be getting, but we by no means know for certain, nor exactly how it will all function.
I believe that the feelings come from the vague-yet-disturbing "peek" they gave us. What little actual information they shared did nothing to allay any fears of what they might be replacing GvG* with. Sometimes a little information is worse than none at all, and it definitely was in this case.

*Yes, it's replacing GvG. Both because that's how they're presenting it (even if not in so many words) and because of the timing of GvG's deletion and QI's advent. And I'm not going to debate if you disagree, because you have the God-given right to be wrong.

UBERhelp1

I believe that the feelings come from the vague-yet-disturbing "peek" they gave us. What little actual information they shared did nothing to allay any fears of what they might be replacing GvG* with. Sometimes a little information is worse than none at all, and it definitely was in this case.
I absolutely agree. But still, we don't have any information on gameplay, and it's way too soon to say whether it will be a good or a bad feature.

Also, I'm assuming the second part of your response is relating to the video I made on it? I agree, it's a bad idea to market it as a replacement. Despite not knowing gameplay, it almost certainly won't have a role as a replacement or successor, and it's dumb to suggest that it is. Just seems like a bad marketing decision.

Johnny B. Goode

Also, I'm assuming the second part of your response is relating to the video I made on it? I agree, it's a bad idea to market it as a replacement. Despite not knowing gameplay, it almost certainly won't have a role as a replacement or successor, and it's dumb to suggest that it is. Just seems like a bad marketing decision.
Although I hate to burst your bubble, I don't watch your videos about the game for the most part (or anybody else's, for that matter.) I agree that it is very improbable that players will view it as a valid replacement or successor to GvG, and it is most definitely a bad marketing decision to suggest that it is. I can only assume that they're hoping that doing so will keep the dedicated GvGers around for at least a little while longer, and that maybe some will actually like QI enough to stay after it's introduced. We shall see.

jaymoney23456

Although I hate to burst your bubble, I don't watch your videos about the game for the most part (or anybody else's, for that matter.) I agree that it is very improbable that players will view it as a valid replacement or successor to GvG, and it is most definitely a bad marketing decision to suggest that it is. I can only assume that they're hoping that doing so will keep the dedicated GvGers around for at least a little while longer, and that maybe some will actually like QI enough to stay after it's introduced. We shall see.
I don't think something new like GvG would be worthwile unless the fatal flaws of GvG can be addressed. Aside from issues where the same guild magically always takes tiles in a couple seconds for months on end with no exceptions (I won't even mention how this occurs again as all who have played GvG will likely know at this point), something that can realistically only be played at one specific and unchanging time of day is not the best type of feature for a game. I don't know about everyone else, but it feels like a chore to have to be on at 8 server time each and every time you want to do GvG and a game should not feel like that.
Guild raids could be good if its set up decently and gives a good mix of player and guild rewards. It could sure go wrong by doing things like requiring a large amt of goods (GbG already requires massive amts of goods and there will not be significant participation if its another thing that costs lots of goods. Also, if it requires massive blue stats to compete then its going to irritate many players especially if it exceeds what is required now for GE 5.

UBERhelp1

I don't think something new like GvG would be worthwile unless the fatal flaws of GvG can be addressed. Aside from issues where the same guild magically always takes tiles in a couple seconds for months on end with no exceptions (I won't even mention how this occurs again as all who have played GvG will likely know at this point), something that can realistically only be played at one specific and unchanging time of day is not the best type of feature for a game. I don't know about everyone else, but it feels like a chore to have to be on at 8 server time each and every time you want to do GvG and a game should not feel like that.
Guild raids could be good if its set up decently and gives a good mix of player and guild rewards. It could sure go wrong by doing things like requiring a large amt of goods (GbG already requires massive amts of goods and there will not be significant participation if its another thing that costs lots of goods. Also, if it requires massive blue stats to compete then its going to irritate many players especially if it exceeds what is required now for GE 5.
Incursions will require blue stats to some extent, but we don't know the details on that yet. We have the assets for Incursions-specific boosts, and blue stats are included in those.

Sharmon the Impaler

Incursions will require blue stats to some extent, but we don't know the details on that yet. We have the assets for Incursions-specific boosts, and blue stats are included in those.
GE gives blue GBG specific (ex. Tourney Grounds) rewards but nothing ever came of that.