• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GBG army management

Raymora

Right now the only way to get to your army to replace dead/wounded is to either attack a sector or leave GBG, make the change and enter GBG again. Can we add a control for Army Management along with message center and switch between simple/detailed view?

JJ597

Right now the only way to get to your army to replace dead/wounded is to either attack a sector or leave GBG, make the change and enter GBG again. Can we add a control for Army Management along with message center and switch between simple/detailed view?
For every battle in GBG, I don't have to leave to replace/make changes. I just click on attack (same sector) and can make changes before battling.

Raymora

For every battle in GBG, I don't have to leave to replace/make changes. I just click on attack (same sector) and can make changes before battling.
if the sector is conquered, you no longer can.
if it's placed on hold, you have to go through the confirm dialog that you want to enter anyway, change your army and not accidentally attack.
why not have a control where it would normally be in your city?

Pericles the Lion

if it's placed on hold, you have to go through the confirm dialog that you want to enter anyway, change your army and not accidentally attack.
If all sectors are either locked down or on hold there's nothing to hit which means there's no need to change armies. What would be the point?

Dominator - X

As a QOL issue, it would be nice to have. Not necessary, but definitely convenient. I oft wish I had this when a race is advertised or something similar and I enter the GBG map before checking my troops to see if they are all full strength. It sux having to search for an open province when in a hurry or as you mentioned, having to leave fix them and then return.

Sharmon the Impaler

As a QOL issue, it would be nice to have. Not necessary, but definitely convenient. I oft wish I had this when a race is advertised or something similar and I enter the GBG map before checking my troops to see if they are all full strength. It sux having to search for an open province when in a hurry or as you mentioned, having to leave fix them and then return.
I am not hollding my breath for this one. It would be nice but GVG has the exact opposite problem and our requests to change it were ignored for about 8 years now.

Johnny B. Goode

I must be missing something here. If you're not wanting to attack a sector, what's the problem? If you are wanting to attack a sector, you'll have the chance before the actual attack. I don't know of any area of the game where you can manage your army without going into the pre-attack army management window, except the main city screen, but even then you have to open the regular army management window. You seem to be asking for something for GBG that is not in line with the way it's done in the entire rest of the game.
I don't do GBG often, but I know you can see easily what sectors/tiles are being attacked almost instantly when you go to the map. It seems to me that if you are in this position frequently, maybe the solution is for you to restock your army after every session of fighting so it is ready when the next fighting session starts, rather than ask for a unique mechanic to be added to just GBG.

JJ597

If the sector is conquered, why are you trying to fight?
If placed on hold, again why are you trying to figh?

Raymora

If the sector is conquered, why are you trying to fight?
If placed on hold, again why are you trying to figh?
There are many sectors. Often one finishes or gets set to hold and and another is about to open. If not, one might be coming up so I set a timer and adjust my troops now to be ready. If not experience, you must have at least some imagination of how this could be useful. You've given your answer, now let others do so. I get it, you disagree.

JJ597

Often one finishes or gets set to hold and and another is about to open. If not, one might be coming up so I set a timer and adjust my troops now to be ready. I get it, you disagree.
This is a change from your original post. Are you on mobile or PC. I'm on PC.

Dominator - X

I must be missing something here. If you're not wanting to attack a sector, what's the problem? If you are wanting to attack a sector, you'll have the chance before the actual attack. I don't know of any area of the game where you can manage your army without going into the pre-attack army management window, except the main city screen, but even then you have to open the regular army management window. You seem to be asking for something for GBG that is not in line with the way it's done in the entire rest of the game.

I don't do GBG often, but I know you can see easily what sectors/tiles are being attacked almost instantly when you go to the map. It seems to me that if you are in this position frequently, maybe the solution is for you to restock your army after every session of fighting so it is ready when the next fighting session starts, rather than ask for a unique mechanic to be added to just GBG.
I didn't ask. I just stated that it would be a nice QOL issue when in a rush. Not expecting it to happen but won't hate it if it does.

Johnny B. Goode

There are many sectors. Often one finishes or gets set to hold and and another is about to open. If not, one might be coming up so I set a timer and adjust my troops now to be ready. If not experience, you must have at least some imagination of how this could be useful. You've given your answer, now let others do so. I get it, you disagree.
If another is "about to open" or "might be coming up", why on earth don't you have time to adjust your army? If the interval is long enough that you have to "set a timer", then you have time to adjust your army in the main city screen. I'm still not seeing a problem, and this post of yours undermines your viewpoint by implying that there is at least some interval in between your last fight and your next anticipated fight. Which means that there is no rush. This is a "you" problem, not a game problem.

Angry.Blanket

If another is "about to open" or "might be coming up", why on earth don't you have time to adjust your army? If the interval is long enough that you have to "set a timer", then you have time to adjust your army in the main city screen. I'm still not seeing a problem, and this post of yours undermines your viewpoint by implying that there is at least some interval in between your last fight and your next anticipated fight. Which means that there is no rush. This is a "you" problem, not a game problem.
This is a GbG fighter issue, seconds count sometimes. If you are not trying to win races it isn't really a concern.

Pericles the Lion

This is a GbG fighter issue, seconds count sometimes. If you are not trying to win races it isn't really a concern.
If you're trying to win races then sectors have to be open. In this case, it's faster to access the army menu directly from the attack screen. Having access to the army management screen (i.e. the one in the main city view) would only slow things down.

Johnny B. Goode

I understand that seconds count when you're actively fighting, but that's not what the OP is talking about. He's talking about adjusting his army between fighting sessions. Seconds don't count as much then.

Angry.Blanket

If you're trying to win races then sectors have to be open. In this case, it's faster to access the army menu directly from the attack screen. Having access to the army management screen (i.e. the one in the main city view) would only slow things down.
You cant wait until a tile opens on a race. the opponent will have 50 fights on the flag when it drops, you better have your guys ready and start fighting the moment it opens. If I wait until the flag drops to load my guys I will miss 2 fights right off. Most time there is time to leave the map and come back, but sometimes tiles don't open at the most convenient time. I dont worry much about it myself because I figure the opponent has the same problem,

planetofthehumans2

An actual suggestion would be to have the app remember your army preferences (only show current age troops) instead of having to change it every time I open the app.

I'd also personally like OP's suggestion because I want to be ready to drop that flag on that second and not be piddling with units. I'd actually be easy enough just to add the army management button somewhere on the GBG screen, why not? Too bad inno don't want out ideas and closed down the forum.

jaymoney23456

An actual suggestion would be to have the app remember your army preferences (only show current age troops) instead of having to change it every time I open the app.

I'd also personally like OP's suggestion because I want to be ready to drop that flag on that second and not be piddling with units. I'd actually be easy enough just to add the army management button somewhere on the GBG screen, why not? Too bad inno don't want out ideas and closed down the forum.
I use the phone to play very sparsely these days. Checked in on the phone the other day just to keep making progress on the event before bed and I saw you can't even manually aid players anymore without watching an ad -just another reason for me to play on the pc lol