• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

They've lost their mind...

NWWolverine

In Beta, Inno has upgraded the AD. Most of what I've seen coming through the auction are recent event building upgrades. All of the ones offered so far have a starting bid of over 1 million coins. Starting bid. I know that there's players with millions upon millions they need to get rid of but how many players overall have 10's of millions to use? Maybe a lot. I don't know, it just seems to be an very high starting bid. Also, to pruchase, 1 fp for 1 gem....1 fp? Who does that? It's nice to know that as the world goes crazy in real life, we'll get to keep up here in FOE...

Ebeondi Asi

The idea they have lost their mind? I fully agree on this one.
One can only hope they cut the starting bid by a minimum of 90% to under 100,000.
And forget buying with Gems. They have never given enough gems to make that reasonable.

That they are allowing a in game currency swap Fp/gems is promising.. Bet that too needs adjusting to be reasonable.

NWWolverine

All "buy Now" items sell for gems only. My 6 offerings were 1fp-1 gem, 75 prev. era goods-11gems, 200% att. boost for att. army- 42 gems, 75 goods- 11 gems, 30m mass supply rush- 5 gems and 4 rogues-17 gems. Better stock up on those gems that they throw around. Coins for auctions only going forward

jaymoney23456

All "buy Now" items sell for gems only. My 6 offerings were 1fp-1 gem, 75 prev. era goods-11gems, 200% att. boost for att. army- 42 gems, 75 goods- 11 gems, 30m mass supply rush- 5 gems and 4 rogues-17 gems. Better stock up on those gems that they throw around. Coins for auctions only going forward
that sounds pretty dumb. Sounds like the auction is gonna remain useless. With the auctions starting at more than 1 million coins few will be able to bid on much lol

NWWolverine

An Aerial Eden Selection kit is being offered with an opening bid in the AD in Beta right now for........wait for it.........1,921.044 coins. If you win, you chose from an Flower Arboretum or a Ethereal Airship. They're officially nuts over here

Dominator - X

In Beta, Inno has upgraded the AD. Most of what I've seen coming through the auction are recent event building upgrades. All of the ones offered so far have a starting bid of over 1 million coins. Starting bid. I know that there's players with millions upon millions they need to get rid of but how many players overall have 10's of millions to use? Maybe a lot. I don't know, it just seems to be an very high starting bid. Also, to pruchase, 1 fp for 1 gem....1 fp? Who does that? It's nice to know that as the world goes crazy in real life, we'll get to keep up here in FOE...
By "coins" are you talking AD Trade Coins or City Gold Coins?

Pericles the Lion

I think the high coin prices are intended to draw in diamonds, by having people buy more coins.
I doubt that this is their motivation. It takes approximately 250K diamonds to purchase enough AD trade coins to buy a 1.5M item at auction. Assuming that a player could take advantage of a bunch of 200% diamond offers (unlikely) it would cost about $600 to purchase the needed diamonds. I don't think that players would spend this amount of cash for a complete special building, let alone a just selection kit for one. What I think is that INNO is testing the waters with these ridiculous AD prices and will manage the pricing downward before releasing the AD changes on the live servers. If theys continue on live with the current pricing it would mean, to me at least, their intention is to drain the coffers of long term players and turn the AD auctions into something that all players can use but only a few times per year (and only after a lot of activity selling junk to the AD).

Pericles the Lion

I feel it is a clear indication how out of touch the developers are with the game at this point.
I hesitate to underestimate the Devs. All that it would take to make most of the AD change complaints disappear is to introduce GB that provides AD coins and/or gems at collection. Maybe they are just thinking a few moves ahead like they seem to be doing with the blue boosts for GBG?

Xenosaur

Correct me if I'm wrong (in the current live implementation of the Auction Dealer...), but I believe that if a SAT player and an EMA player both sell the same item, the SAT player will get more coins AND gems from the AD than the EMA player would.

For example, if both sell a basic SoK (Shrine of Knowledge), the SAT player would get more for it vs an EMA player.

Why I bring this is up related to bidding in an auction. Lower age players will tap out of auctions sooner because they don't have the bank to continue staying in the auction vs a much higher era "whale". There is a natural bias to bigger banks in higher ages in the current design, which gives higher era players a bias in the current auction system.

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

Correct me if I'm wrong (in the current live implementation of the Auction Dealer...), but I believe that if a SAT player and an EMA player both sell the same item, the SAT player will get more coins AND gems from the AD than the EMA player would.

For example, if both sell a basic SoK (Shrine of Knowledge), the SAT player would get more for it vs an EMA player.

Why I bring this is up related to bidding in an auction. Lower age players will tap out of auctions sooner because they don't have the bank to continue staying in the auction vs a much higher era "whale". There is a natural bias to bigger banks in higher ages in the current design, which gives higher era players a bias in the current auction system.
I couldn't check SoK but was able to check with Sleigh Builders. In both my SAT city and my LMA city both sell to the AD for the same amount. 4050 trade coins and 3-6 gems.

I think that longer term players, regardless of Era, are at an advantage simply because they've had longer to accumulate coins and gemstones. However, as it stands now, that advantage will be short lived once they drain their banks.

Xenosaur

Thank you both, @Pericles the Lion and @Darkest.Knight. Good data point to confirm! I'm much more careful what I choose to sell now. A few "shot across the bow" from Inno (such as - revitalizing the entire settlements reward thesis...) but allowing those who sold their settlement rewards to get them returned has me thinking it's going to be much safer to think about selling fewer items, than having to ask for repetitive dispensation to have it returned.

So my daily "selling" has all but dried up, and my inventory is filling up. We just never know ... so clutter remains the status quo.

A few people in beta are asking Inno for a "what buildings are you going to upgrade" roadmap - but I highly doubt Inno would reveal that, or would say something like - Well players, in 2025 we're planning to upgrade to Cherry Blossom v3.

Last edited: