• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Titan Goods

Meat Butcher

Selling goods rather than trading them will always be taking advantage as far as I’m concerned. I added greedy further on when all the pushback happened, I still stand by that also.

Takings tons of FP from lower age players can easily slow down their game far worse than a SAT player filling a trade.
No its not, they are getting = Value.
The person has FP's, they are not able to attain / or make Titan Goods, they want the goods to build them.
So its a resource swap and both are happy.

With how you obtained them, you put up your so called "Fair" trade and a generous guild member took them.
Now you are happy, and he has to make more goods so he can add another level to one of his titan GBs.
Only sounds like a win for the freeloader to me.

planetofthehumans2

Not sure if I block someone I'll still see their spam lower era goods to SAT goods on the market, but I sure could use a cleanup of the 221 pages of trades on my market.

Browser version doesn't let you filter out "fair" trades.

Disgruntled Veteran

“and a generous guild member took them.”
“and he has to make more goods so he can add another level to one of his titan GBs.”
Only sounds like a win for the freeloader to me.

Lol, whether a “generous person” receives FP or not, they’d still have to produce more goods to lvl their buildings. Getting FP on top of receiving goods in a trade does not change that.

Last I checked, I can’t receive goods without trading goods in return. I’ve never received anything without giving something. lol being called a freeloader by a greedy person that takes advantage, haha

Again, if you were to ask anyone in my guild how often I fill trades compared to how often I create trades, you’d realize that I’m no freeloader. I go out of my way to help people as much as I can. I can’t imagine that will change even when I get to SAT.

Darkest.Knight

SAT are the least valuable for myself, so I trade them even up whenever I'm in need. As far as SAT GB's are concerned, the goods demand is easy but they require really inflated numbers of FP's; currently not much use for my +60K of ea. good.

Disgruntled Veteran

SAT are the least valuable for myself, so I trade them even up whenever I'm in need. As far as SAT GB's are concerned, the goods demand is easy but they require really inflated numbers of FP's; currently not much use for my +60K of ea. good.

Thanks for this post. Now it’s even more clear why the FP tax is pressed so hard by SAT players. Doesn’t change the fact that SAT players are taking FP from players who produce far less FP than they do. Basically SAT players who charge FP just want to speed up their game at the expense of lower age players progress, disguised as being helpful by “selling” goods rather than trading them. Clearly if SAT goods are so valuable to players, then you’re probably not producing enough.

another forum Tempest in a Teapot to ponder......

:cool: I’ve only learned how to be in the forums from you!

Disgruntled Veteran

Thank you I sincerely hope you have at least a smidgen of my sense of humor about it all?
Clearly Darkest Knight has no sense of humor... ;)

His notion is all goods are goods therefore they are all the same.Sort like all money is money. so pennies and hundred dollar bills should be freely exchangeable 1:1

Of course! I’ve only kept this debate going for so long because of the humor! Yeah, my stance is real as far as charging an FP tax with trades. But I don’t really care this much as I’ve never had an issue with anyone who accepted my trades. I simply was trying to let players know they can leave trades on the market without paying the tax. It started to feel like the pushback is to deter people from doing that to ensure SAT players continue getting the FP that lower age players produce. Which to me is very funny that SAT players defend the tax so adamantly,

Meat Butcher

I am sure your guildmate felt bad for you, and took your trades out of pity. Then you say you kept this discussion up because of the humor ?
Bet your guildmate was not laughing as he took your trades instead of using them to level his own Titan GB(s)

Clearly you don't get it, it takes time to make titan goods so there is a market for those not of age or those not want to make them.
They are willing to give up FP's for them because they know the value.
I see happy folks when I work with them.Happy Goods Customer .png

jaymoney23456

Why are players getting all worked up over titan players helping earlier age players out with Titan goods? Many do this and are glad to do so. Others don't and some sell for fp. Why worry that some give them away. Doesn't affect you. Even the sellers still have plenty of players willing to pay with some giving them out for free.
I will say that the guilds that give these goods out and do other things to help guildies will generally prosper more so than those that don't but is my opinion. Anyone is always free to play however they like.

Graviton

Why are players getting all worked up over titan players helping earlier age players out with Titan goods?
That's not what people are responding to. They're taking exception to the notion that a 2:1 trade involving goods that are more than 1 age apart are somehow "fair" (which I know is a subjective term, but you get the point) and the accusation that charging FPs for such an unbalanced trade is somehow taking advantage or otherwise nefarious. Nobody's getting "worked up" about Titan players accepting severely unbalanced trades w/o also asking for FPs.

Last edited:

Sharmon the Impaler

I gave a few sets away to guildies but for the most part keep them for my SAT GBs until each is at 100. It almost sounds entitled. "You trade me for the goods I want and for the price I want or I will slander you and tell everyone what a greedy and horrible person you are." "

Disgruntled Veteran

Why are players getting all worked up over titan players helping earlier age players out with Titan goods? Many do this and are glad to do so. Others don't and some sell for fp. Why worry that some give them away. Doesn't affect you. Even the sellers still have plenty of players willing to pay with some giving them out for free.
I will say that the guilds that give these goods out and do other things to help guildies will generally prosper more so than those that don't but is my opinion. Anyone is always free to play however they like.

Meat Butcher’s getting upset because he doesn’t want people to know they can get trades completed without paying an FP tax, lol he likes taking advantage!

It almost sounds entitled. "You trade me for the goods I want and for the price I want or I will slander you and tell everyone what a greedy and horrible person you are." "

Lmao, I don’t make demands, give ultimatums nor do I even reach out to anyone to have trades filled. (the sound of entitlements are the made-up assumptions in your head) I simply create trades and leave them on the open market for people to fill or ignore. Noone has ever reached out to ask if I’d give FP for accepting my trades. And I have stated, out of the people that have accepted my trades more people outside of my guild had filled them. Which ironically the person who filled the most trades so I could build my Hydra is still in SAJM!

I get it, there’s people that are willing to pay the tax, while people like me aren’t. There are those that charge the tax, while there are those who don’t. Which is completely fine.

But none of that will change “MY” perspective. Which is charging FP with a trade is taking advantage. The real reason why people are getting upset is they don’t like my perspective. Which, you have to start to think why they’re getting so upset. Maybe they know they’re taking advantage of others and they don’t like it pointed out. Or maybe they don’t want lower age players to know they’re getting taken advantage of. Because they don’t want to lose that source of FP…

Meat Butcher

I am not upset at all, it sounds to me like you are upset because you were called out for taking advantage of a guildmate generosity.

I give value for value.
Please explain, how giving your guild mate Jupiter goods for his Titan goods equal value ?
What does he possibly need Jupiter goods for ????
I bet he could use FP's more.

Disgruntled Veteran

I am not upset at all, it sounds to me like you are upset because you were called out for taking advantage of a guildmate generosity.

I give value for value.
Please explain, how giving your guild mate Jupiter goods for his Titan goods equal value ?
What does he possibly need Jupiter goods for ????
I bet he could use FP's more.

Lmao, you clearly have a hard time keeping up. Never stated that I gave Jupiter goods. I’m not in Jupiter. Heck, I was in oceanic when I built my Hydra. What I stated is that the person who accepted most of those trades is now in Jupiter (and NOT in my guild). You might want to reread that last sentence a few times to let it sink in.

You’re getting funnier and funnier with each post! Now you’re resorting to a “no I’m not, you are” mentality. Lmao, childishly and pathetic all at once! This conversation will never get old, lmao I never took advantage of anyone. I created trades that anyone could take or simply ignore. I never asked anyone outright to fill those trades. Where as players like yourself do tell others that you’ll only fill trades if they pay your FP tax, which is taking advantage.

Again, it’s very rare that I create trades. I mostly just fill trades as I’ve been producing an incredible amount of goods daily for the past several months now. But nice try to turn it around. But the only people taking advantage is those who charge an FP tax!

But to answer your question, there’s SAT players MUCH UNLIKE yourself that like to have goods of all ages to help fill trades for other players. They also may accept lower age goods when their guild treasury needs those goods. I’m sure there MIGHT be one or two other reasons, but those two pretty much cover the main reasons.

I know I still have stock piles of goods in every age that I only use to help lower age guildmates. Regular goods aren’t hard to come by. Only special goods take a while, and we can’t trade them.

Your FP tax simply doesn’t make sense. Other than putting an unnecessary value towards goods in order to justify charging the tax. You pretend to be generous in order to speed up your game at the expense of others progress. Like you stated, you care more about FP. Clearly you care about getting as much FP as you can from wherever you can. Maybe try lvling your Arc a little more and be more active in 1.9 threads. Maybe then you won’t feel so obligated to take advantage of others with your tax! ;)

Happy Forging, buddy! :D

Pericles the Lion

Lmao, you clearly have a hard time keeping up. Never stated that I gave Jupiter goods. I’m not in Jupiter. Heck, I was in oceanic when I built my Hydra. What I stated is that the person who accepted most of those trades is now in Jupiter (and NOT in my guild). You might want to reread that last sentence a few times to let it sink in.

You’re getting funnier and funnier with each post! Now you’re resorting to a “no I’m not, you are” mentality. Lmao, childishly and pathetic all at once! This conversation will never get old, lmao I never took advantage of anyone. I created trades that anyone could take or simply ignore. I never asked anyone outright to fill those trades. Where as players like yourself do tell others that you’ll only fill trades if they pay your FP tax, which is taking advantage.

Again, it’s very rare that I create trades. I mostly just fill trades as I’ve been producing an incredible amount of goods daily for the past several months now. But nice try to turn it around. But the only people taking advantage is those who charge an FP tax!

But to answer your question, there’s SAT players MUCH UNLIKE yourself that like to have goods of all ages to help fill trades for other players. They also may accept lower age goods when their guild treasury needs those goods. I’m sure there MIGHT be one or two other reasons, but those two pretty much cover the main reasons.

I know I still have stock piles of goods in every age that I only use to help lower age guildmates. Regular goods aren’t hard to come by. Only special goods take a while, and we can’t trade them.

Your FP tax simply doesn’t make sense. Other than putting an unnecessary value towards goods in order to justify charging the tax. You pretend to be generous in order to speed up your game at the expense of others progress. Like you stated, you care more about FP. Clearly you care about getting as much FP as you can from wherever you can. Maybe try lvling your Arc a little more and be more active in 1.9 threads. Maybe then you won’t feel so obligated to take advantage of others with your tax! ;)

Happy Forging, buddy! :D
So, you put OF>>SAT trades into the market and some player (that is now only in SAJM) picked them up? We're to believe that a player first traded to get SAT goods then simply traded them away for lower age goods (that they probably had plenty of)? Hey, I have a bridge to sell....interested?

Tell you what. You built your Hydra when you were in OF and you're now in SAAB which means that you've had your Hydra for months. In that time you've only lifted it to level 6. You are still in the cheap seats. At level 6, Hydra is a waste of space when compared with recent event buildings. You should level it to 10 then go into the market to get the goods needed to continue levelling it up to where it makes a difference. I don't know about Angkor but on my worlds there is no open market for SAT goods besides 1:1 same age.

Disgruntled Veteran

So, you put OF>>SAT trades into the market and some player (that is now only in SAJM) picked them up? We're to believe that a player first traded to get SAT goods then simply traded them away for lower age goods (that they probably had plenty of)? Hey, I have a bridge to sell....interested?

Tell you what. You built your Hydra when you were in OF and you're now in SAAB which means that you've had your Hydra for months. In that time you've only lifted it to level 6. You are still in the cheap seats. At level 6, Hydra is a waste of space when compared with recent event buildings. You should level it to 10 then go into the market to get the goods needed to continue levelling it up to where it makes a difference. I don't know about Angkor but on my worlds there is no open market for SAT goods besides 1:1 same age.

How about, we just go ahead and ignore who may have filled the trades as there’s no way for me to confirm or prove that. I admit there’s a strong possibility that I’m wrong about that part. But I can say with certainty that I made many trades and left them on the “open market” (which means I didn’t make them guild only) for many different ages to SAT, not just oceanic. :oops: I can also say with certainty that all the trades needed for my hydra were created before going to sleep and they were all accepted before the next morning. And no-one reached out asking for FP.

You’re right, my hydra is still at lvl 6 as I’ve been working on my other GBs while also moving up quickly. Seeming how you took the time to look my city up you might have noticed that I also built mars synthesizers to make up for moving up too quickly. Something I regret 100% and will not do again. However, once I have enough mars ore the rest of my resources will be far more than enough to remove the synthesizers and age up. A little delay but not a huge issue. Especially since I already completed the asteroid tech tree. But you’re a little off with the timeline. VF took me a little over a week. Mars was done in about 2-3 weeks and then I screwed up by moving into asteroid too soon. I only had enough ore to get me halfway through. But I entered asteroid about 2 weeks ago. So, at most a month and a half.

Pericles the Lion

How about, we just go ahead and ignore who may have filled the trades as there’s no way for me to confirm or prove that. I admit there’s a strong possibility that I’m wrong about that part. But I can say with certainty that I made many trades and left them on the “open market” (which means I didn’t make them guild only) for many different ages to SAT, not just oceanic. :oops: I can also say with certainty that all the trades needed for my hydra were created before going to sleep and they were all accepted before the next morning. And no-one reached out asking for FP.

You’re right, my hydra is still at lvl 6 as I’ve been working on my other GBs while also moving up quickly. Seeming how you took the time to look my city up you might have noticed that I also built mars synthesizers to make up for moving up too quickly. Something I regret 100% and will not do again. However, once I have enough mars ore the rest of my resources will be far more than enough to remove the synthesizers and age up. A little delay but not a huge issue. Especially since I already completed the asteroid tech tree. But you’re a little off with the timeline. VF took me a little over a week. Mars was done in about 2-3 weeks and then I screwed up by moving into asteroid too soon. I only had enough ore to get me halfway through. But I entered asteroid about 2 weeks ago. So, at most a month and a half.
Yeah, I saw your synthesizers. They are as rare as players willing to trade SAT goods for lower age goods. Takes some time to collect the +/- 18000 Mars Ore needed to get thru the rest of the tech tree. ;)

jaymoney23456

That's not what people are responding to. They're taking exception to the notion that a 2:1 trade involving goods that are more than 1 age apart are somehow "fair" (which I know is a subjective term, but you get the point) and the accusation that charging FPs for such an unbalanced trade is somehow taking advantage or otherwise nefarious. Nobody's getting "worked up" about Titan players accepting severely unbalanced trades w/o also asking for FPs.
If I have high age goods and I need lower ones for the treasury I would think trading SAAB for say Indy goods to be quite fair. We have guild members who trade down titan goods even for this. Keeping the treasury stocked requires attention and keeping on top of it if you are competing for top spot in GbG.

Disgruntled Veteran

If I have high age goods and I need lower ones for the treasury I would think trading SAAB for say Indy goods to be quite fair. We have guild members who trade down titan goods even for this. Keeping the treasury stocked requires attention and keeping on top of it if you are competing for top spot in GbG.

When I built up my friends list I wanted more active players. I decided to use global ranking. I had three separate approaches to sending/accepting requests. First I went up to the #1 player and sent random requests throughout the top 100 players. Once all the pending requests were either accepted or rejected I sent request to random players starting at my position working my way up to get as many players closer to my score. Then to fill in the rest of my friend list I accepted a bunch of requests from random players who were either above or below me. I ended up far down on my own friends list, giving me something to work towards. I currently have 12 people on my friends list who are over 1G (2 of which are approaching 3G) while I’m still 50th on my friends list. Plenty of players that can/do help when they’re willing to. Now, my friends list is mostly players from the cross-guild 1.9 thread that I’m on.

Regardless, (to get back to topic) having such a range of players both above and below me has been a huge help. Rather than paying an FP tax, I chose to pay-it-forward by helping others below me. I learned to be just as helpful as those who helped me. Far before being help with Titan goods for my Hydra.

Which is why I chimed in with my suggestion to simply leave trades on the market. See if they get picked up or not. People will probably be surprised when their trades are accepted without a request for FP.

All this pushback came as people don’t like my stance on charging FP and feel the need to defend it. It’s tax on top of trades. To make it clearer, I believe taxation is theft. Completing trades for lower age players takes away SAT players goods not FP. Being given FP in a “sale” doesn’t give back the goods a SAT sold. On the other hand not charging FP for trades doesn’t take away any FP from SAT players. Charging FP only serves to speed up SAT players progress while lower players have to make up all that FP to continue their progress. So, basically people who charge FP are saying here’s your goods have fun trying to use them… But thanks for helping to speed up my game!

My stance shouldn’t be so hard to grasp nor should it affect people so much. Unless they really want to hold on to charging that tax while ensuring more players don’t realize they don’t need to pay it.

Disgruntled Veteran

Yeah, I saw your synthesizers. They are as rare as players willing to trade SAT goods for lower age goods. Takes some time to collect the +/- 18000 Mars Ore needed to get thru the rest of the tech tree. ;)

It will be a great feeling when I’m finally able to delete those. It’s almost like I knew I was going to screw that up as I built the Core. lol I’ve been working on lvling that and my SC to help speed things up as much as possible. I’m probably going to delete my Core when I get rid of the synthesizers. That’s another waste of space.

Curious question, did you start a city in Angkor just to look me up?

P C C

This depends on play style and city design. For me, it's the opposite. I regularly reach a point where I have to wait a day or two to have enough goods to unlock a single level on a single SAT GB but no real shortage of FP to level them. (I have the Hydra at L50, and the other 2 around 53 and 43)