• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Attrition-How high can you go?

xivarmy

Well I bet many more would think its quite difficult to get even close to 3k attack boost in PE than those who would claim its easy. Not sure why some like to think its easy to do very hard things in the game or those that are only 'easy' with spending a bunch. Maybe admitting its difficult would give you more credibility than just the constant claim of you can do this or that and its quite easy to do which anyone who is being honest knows is nonsense.
also for the neo marble gateway its gonna take players a while to get them and especially more than a few since you can only get the fragments from lv 8 or silver/gold neo colossus.
The point is not the attainability of the neo marble gateway - which briefly had been a source of consternation for me because of just how good it was and how hard to get a significant amount of without $$$. Incidentally said neo marble gateway is the building to possibly hit 6k boost in indy/PE not a "mere" 3k.

The point is that the line of what "the best" is keeps moving so fast that even if the current best is not realistic for you to get enough of to make an impact, a new best that might be more attainable seems to be seldom far away anymore.

Regarding the practical approach to getting a high boost in a low age, often the consideration of what to target is different than getting a balanced city in a higher age. There are many buildings, even recent ones that are well-rounded powerhouses, that don't clear the bar when "as much red attack per tile as possible" is the goal - while there are other buildings like L2 Stage of Ages available in the current event that CAN pass that bar - and be accumulated in large numbers to ensure that all of your space is being filled with buildings of sufficient one-dimensional quality to meet your goal of 3000%+ boost in indy/PE.

My beta city walked out of this event with 8 L2 Stage of Ages. And 3 Celestial Golden Orreries to make more (could've been 4 but I needed more regular orrery upgrades - i have a 4th celestial upgrade). Without diamonds spent. Those are the kind of opportunities you need to identify and take advantage of to "easily" hit 3k boost in indy/PE now. And if you miss one opportunity, there will be others! You just have to look for them rather than throw your hands up in the air and decry things as impossible because you didn't manage it.

jaymoney23456

The point is not the attainability of the neo marble gateway - which briefly had been a source of consternation for me because of just how good it was and how hard to get a significant amount of without $$$. Incidentally said neo marble gateway is the building to possibly hit 6k boost in indy/PE not a "mere" 3k.

The point is that the line of what "the best" is keeps moving so fast that even if the current best is not realistic for you to get enough of to make an impact, a new best that might be more attainable seems to be seldom far away anymore.

Regarding the practical approach to getting a high boost in a low age, often the consideration of what to target is different than getting a balanced city in a higher age. There are many buildings, even recent ones that are well-rounded powerhouses, that don't clear the bar when "as much red attack per tile as possible" is the goal - while there are other buildings like L2 Stage of Ages available in the current event that CAN pass that bar - and be accumulated in large numbers to ensure that all of your space is being filled with buildings of sufficient one-dimensional quality to meet your goal of 3000%+ boost in indy/PE.

My beta city walked out of this event with 8 L2 Stage of Ages. And 3 Celestial Golden Orreries to make more (could've been 4 but I needed more regular orrery upgrades - i have a 4th celestial upgrade). Without diamonds spent. Those are the kind of opportunities you need to identify and take advantage of to "easily" hit 3k boost in indy/PE now. And if you miss one opportunity, there will be others! You just have to look for them rather than throw your hands up in the air and decry things as impossible because you didn't manage it.
You are equating me saying difficult with impossible and you are equating possible with easy. lol

xivarmy

You are equating me saying difficult with impossible and you are equating possible with easy. lol
3000% in InA/PE is relatively easy. It used to be difficult. Now it only requires a little determination. It's not trivial like I decide today I want it and tomorrow I have it. But as there's ample buildings that suffice to fill the ~2% atk / tile and now that's starting to be exceeded, it's not like you're restricted to one single pathway to get there. Over the course of 1 year of reasonably smart free play, i'd say it's reasonable to accomplish. I wouldn't be asking *if* I'd make it but how soon - which is the line for what I'd consider easy.

6000% in InA/PE is difficult but theoretically possible, for now. (probably you need to do an interim stop where you get 1 golden neo colossus somehow ($ or top QI guild), a whole lot of jesters stages, use your finishes from the jesters to pump the golden colossus which would normally take 200 days to make 1 level of a gateway and turn it into something more reasonable). It will become less difficult "soon" it looks like as you won't necessarily need gateways. But i'm not sure how long til I'll start to say it's an easy to imagine target.

jaymoney23456

3000% in InA/PE is relatively easy. It used to be difficult. Now it only requires a little determination. It's not trivial like I decide today I want it and tomorrow I have it. But as there's ample buildings that suffice to fill the ~2% atk / tile and now that's starting to be exceeded, it's not like you're restricted to one single pathway to get there. Over the course of 1 year of reasonably smart free play, i'd say it's reasonable to accomplish. I wouldn't be asking *if* I'd make it but how soon - which is the line for what I'd consider easy.

6000% in InA/PE is difficult but theoretically possible, for now. (probably you need to do an interim stop where you get 1 golden neo colossus somehow ($ or top QI guild), a whole lot of jesters stages, use your finishes from the jesters to pump the golden colossus which would normally take 200 days to make 1 level of a gateway and turn it into something more reasonable). It will become less difficult "soon" it looks like as you won't necessarily need gateways. But i'm not sure how long til I'll start to say it's an easy to imagine target.
Being able to do something just makes it possible. One can do things that are very hard. It doesn't make them easy just because someone did them. Good luck getting 6k attack in PE too lol unless power creep gets another major boost.

jaymoney23456

I just completed 10k fights last GbG session in PE. I now have almost 4k 4 days into this session.
I used to get over 10k fights in GbG regularly under attrition free GbG. I had higher age troops in PE and I neither remember nor care what my attack boost was then. I also never felt the need to post screenshots in the forums about it lol

Pericles the Lion

I used to get over 10k fights in GbG regularly under attrition free GbG. I had higher age troops in PE and I neither remember nor care what my attack boost was then. I also never felt the need to post screenshots in the forums about it lol
When you habitually doubt the veracity of what others players say you should expect to see screenshots in response. This is all on you.

captain987

Just for clarification, when you guys are talking about attack, are you talking about the sum, or each side having that number. In other words, is 3k 1.5k/1.5k or 3k/3k?

KingJMobile

Just for clarification, when you guys are talking about attack, are you talking about the sum, or each side having that number. In other words, is 3k 1.5k/1.5k or 3k/3k?
3k attack as in 3k attack boost for attacking army. I actually had 3k/2.7k at that time I think.

KingJMobile

In December, I had only spent £25 for the gold pass in the Fall Event to get this. The rest was diamonds. I probably spent 10-11k diamonds collecting a huge harvest farm set and opened a lot of reindeer presents to get the nog whatsits.

Bearing in mind I had 2272 tiles at that time and averaged 6-7k fights a season being part of a top guild, I had the TOC.

The Fall stuff was goated because I had so many jumping pumpkins and cider gardens as I was power levelling my BG at that time.

NWWolverine

and how much $$$ spent to achieve this is the real question?
It's really a question of what's more valuable to each player, time or money.....And how many years do some spend to get to the same point in the game without spending money? For some, money is more abundant than time and for others, time is more abundant. For me, to be able to battle as I wish and play the game that makes it fun for me when I do play. Priceless!

jaymoney23456

It's really a question of what's more valuable to each player, time or money.....And how many years do some spend to get to the same point in the game without spending money? For some, money is more abundant than time and for others, time is more abundant. For me, to be able to battle as I wish and play the game that makes it fun for me when I do play. Priceless!
If most of your city comes from $$$$ then you have no credibility to claim that you are in any way good at playing. Takes no skill whatsoever to do that.

jaymoney23456

In December, I had only spent £25 for the gold pass in the Fall Event to get this. The rest was diamonds. I probably spent 10-11k diamonds collecting a huge harvest farm set and opened a lot of reindeer presents to get the nog whatsits.

Bearing in mind I had 2272 tiles at that time and averaged 6-7k fights a season being part of a top guild, I had the TOC.

The Fall stuff was goated because I had so many jumping pumpkins and cider gardens as I was power levelling my BG at that time.
You would not have that attack in PE without much more $$$ than that lol

KingJMobile

I think my 18 Tower of Whispering Horrors, 20-piece fall set, 25 jumping pumpkins and 25 cider gardens, 80 sentinel outposts, level 75 trinity, 2 daunting towers, 10 eagle mountains, 3 heroes taverns, and 3 years dedication despite a 6-month break might disagree with you.

Although I think I was more closer to 2.9k attack then. Source: trust me bro.

85gt

I have gone as high as 162 on boost, but normally stopped at 130 I`m at 5035/4840 without any bottles or boost, a guy in our guild in PME that has FE hovers can get much closer to 200, he would be awesome if he had higher boost

Godly Luke

Now up to 1784/1549 and able to get to 106 thanks to this event and still at least 200-300% more to add once event is concluded.

NWWolverine

I had cities that I played for years the old way and got bored, deleted them and came back after a year away last fall with nothing. The city I have now did cost some money but none of that was yours, so why should that bother you? Everyone enjoys the game differently and if they don't enjoy it, they should quit. I'm just sharing where my city is now and what the results are. Not asking anyone to follow or critiquing others style of play.

Meat Butcher

I would never apologize or take someone seriously that criticizes diamond players.
I am thankful I have a really good job that allows me to enjoy my hobbies to the fullest.

If you collect comic books if you want to take it to another level you buy your favorite silver age books to have in the collection.
If your hobby is muscle cars we all know they ain't cheap.

This is just another hobby that has monetary value, however if / when you grow tired of this game you really can't sell it on eBay.