• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Attrition-How high can you go?

Sharmon the Impaler

I would never apologize or take someone seriously that criticizes diamond players.
I am thankful I have a really good job that allows me to enjoy my hobbies to the fullest.

If you collect comic books if you want to take it to another level you buy your favorite silver age books to have in the collection.
If your hobby is muscle cars we all know they ain't cheap.

This is just another hobby that has monetary value, however if / when you grow tired of this game you really can't sell it on eBay.
Exactly @Meat Butcher . My two vices are guitars and FoE and I spent about 120K on guitars and stuff for them.

Emberguard

In December, I had only spent £25 for the gold pass in the Fall Event to get this. The rest was diamonds. I probably spent 10-11k diamonds collecting a huge harvest farm set and opened a lot of reindeer presents to get the nog whatsits.
Nice. So could easily be done for free, just take a few events more

jaymoney23456

Nice. So could easily be done for free, just take a few events more
That sounds like a made up story to me (kingjmobile's claim that is). I am on for hours a day and have multiple copies of a lot of the event buildings that came out since the power creep went through the roof and I am only at about 4300% attack boost. No PE city is getting there without having lots of the best possible buildings one can get. Would take much more than 25 euros to accomplish. On a side note the euro must be the most made fun of currency in popular culture there is.

jaymoney23456

I would never apologize or take someone seriously that criticizes diamond players.
I am thankful I have a really good job that allows me to enjoy my hobbies to the fullest.

If you collect comic books if you want to take it to another level you buy your favorite silver age books to have in the collection.
If your hobby is muscle cars we all know they ain't cheap.

This is just another hobby that has monetary value, however if / when you grow tired of this game you really can't sell it on eBay.
Collecting comic books or trading cards or whatever else one might collect is not the same as playing a game. Comparing apples to oranges here.

jaymoney23456

No it is not. They are both pastimes with material gain not the primary objective even to the point of costing money and surrounding something that the person feels passionate about. What difference do you see ?
A game implies a level playing field for all players and skill in playing will determine who does best. Collecting something depends a lot more on $$$. Just because Inno allows players to get ahead by spending doesn't mean that is how a normal game operates!

Sharmon the Impaler

A game implies a level playing field for all players and skill in playing will determine who does best. Collecting something depends a lot more on $$$. Just because Inno allows players to get ahead by spending doesn't mean that is how a normal game operates!
By what rules ? The althlete with the best trainers and equipment and support wins, not necessarily the one with the most potential. We collect buildings and build virtual cities with them. How does this differ from a virtual train model world where it is easy to rack up thousands making bigger and better railroad networks ? MS Flight Sim with a ton of ways to spend money to become a "top dog". This exists thoughout the gaming industry and has for quite some time.

Last edited:

jaymoney23456

By what rules ? The althete with the best trainers and equipment and support wins not necessarily the one with the most potential. We collect buildings and build virtual cities with them. How does this differ from a virtual train model world where it is easy to rack up thousands making bigger and better railroad networks ? MS Flight Sim with a ton of ways to spend money to become a "top dog". This exists thoughout the gaming industry and has for quite some time.
The athlete with the most talent often wins out in the end.

Sunslinger

I aged up and boosted this last season, I was regularly getting to 200 attrition. That will drop significantly next season, but I dropped a bunch of temporary stuff in storage as well and I hit an attrition of 277

jaymoney23456

It's comparing a hobby to a hobby; a pastime on which people are willing to spend time and money to enjoy. It's not that complicated.
If anyone wonder's why I call out people for posting nonsense, this is a good example here. Collecting comic books or anything else is distinctly different than a game. If you can't understand that I don't know what else to tell you.

Meat Butcher

hobby
/ˈhäbē/
noun
an activity done regularly in one's leisure time for pleasure.
Some examples:
"her hobbies are reading and gardening"
"Jay has been told multiple times online gaming is a hobby, but for some reason it does not compute."

jaymoney23456

hobby
/ˈhäbē/
noun
an activity done regularly in one's leisure time for pleasure.
Some examples:
"her hobbies are reading and gardening"
"Jay has been told multiple times online gaming is a hobby, but for some reason it does not compute."
You seem to have trouble distinguishing between collecting something and a game so go figure.

jaymoney23456

I am not arguing that spending is against the rules of FOE or even that a little spending will drastically tip the scales between free to play and pay to win. However, I don't see any actual arguments as to why anyone should gain a massive advantage with spending lots of $$$ in a game. All attempts to justify it are farcical ( trying to compare a game to collecting comic books is a good example) or attempts to justify it on the grounds that other online games have the same thing. Haven't seen anyone offer a coherent argument as to why this should be allowed on the merits and I doubt I will.