• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Update 1.61

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser20367

The new mail system is bad and has several areas that need to be fixed. (Which have been stated MULTIPLE times already.) I want bring up two points though.

Much has been said about the system being released even though it was known from Beta that it was flawed. I can think of one reasonable explanation for that. This update was mainly intended to address the issue that the old message system did not work for those who use mobile and tablets. That issue (pending app updates) has been addressed as far as I know. I use the browser version so don’t know from personal experience. Is it possible that they had scheduled (or at least notified) the release of this update with the app companies so changing the release date could have caused problems? I don’t know but it would explain why the update was released when it was.

Second, one of the complaints (although by no means the most frequent) has been about the lighter background. I don’t understand this one at all. Every single email program that I have used over the years has been black text on a white background and actually BRIGHTER than the format used now. Word processors and spreadsheets also use the same black on white format so why is this even an issue?

DeletedUser10528

I've started a thread in supporting a boycott until these issues are addressed. Obviously Inno doesn't care about complaints, however maybe revenue cuts will get their attention.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?11256-Diamond-and-Packages-purchase-boycott

Please take a moment to support this boycott and give Inno a real reason to fix what they've broken.

Thanks

Of Coarse the Moderators deleted my thread. But the Boycott for no diamond purchases will continue.

DeletedUser11824

PLEASE -- give us a break with the fine print and low contrast. Not everyone playing has perfect vision. Far from it. Why can't messages appear in the same font used to create replies. And PLEASE enlarge and darken the font for the date/time/player name responding on threads. While you're at it, the font in all of the chat windows needs to be beefed up as well.

DeletedUser10121

I rarely complain. Stick to the (1) "ONE CLICK DELETION" Now we have (3) three clicks. open/leave/are you sure. I thought you would make filtering out the junk easier like a check box to delete multiple emails at once. Some of my worlds I'll have 3 pages a day "can you polish me?". The old (1) one click was even slow. Now impossible. I just will stop checking emails because of the new (3) three click (improvement?)

DeletedUser10806

I rarely complain. Stick to the (1) "ONE CLICK DELETION" Now we have (3) three clicks. open/leave/are you sure. I thought you would make filtering out the junk easier like a check box to delete multiple emails at once. Some of my worlds I'll have 3 pages a day "can you polish me?". The old (1) one click was even slow. Now impossible. I just will stop checking emails because of the new (3) three click (improvement?)
It's not just the 3 click deletion, it's the fact that everyone else who was part of that message then gets a message that you've left it. It's just NUTS

DeletedUser17347

Let's see where to begin.... This update has to be the worst update to date. Congrats. The only nice thing is that I do like the left / right conversations, which is not an original idea, but hey one good thing.
1) The message system is a total disaster. The only way the could have made it worse is if they started charging diamonds to send messages. Perhaps 1 diamond to send and 2 diamonds to leave the conversation.
2) After two updates, I finally got messages on my android. I can not write messages eerrr I can, but I can not see what I am typing. Which is useful as why would I want to correct any typing mistakes.
3) If you leave a conversation on any page, you get pushed to page 1. Totally awesome! Since I have 87 pages of BS that you have resurrected from 2 - 3 months ago. Thanks for that.
4) Android OS: When I select a production building and I select 1 or 4 hour production I then get a popup to send 0 diamonds to complete the production. Which either selection crashes the game. You can select the X top right to bypass this.
5) I have tried 90% of the items you claim work, they don't. I have yet to see 1 individual avatar in my inbox. They are ALL the group avatar.

DeletedUser17347

The devs have said they are working to address some of the issues in the next update.

That is the standard response. They have not read one post about the beta server or they just did not care. Why would they start reading the 20+ pages of complaints about the "wonderful" message system they have forced us to live with? Out of curiosity, are they ex-Obamacare website designers?

barney001

That is the standard response. They have not read one post about the beta server or they just did not care. Why would they start reading the 20+ pages of complaints about the "wonderful" message system they have forced us to live with? Out of curiosity, are they ex-Obamacare website designers?
LOL, great post. Yep just a canned, standard response, means nothing. They have yet to even make a posting IRT this fiasco.

DeletedUser14140

We would like to hear what you have to say about Update 1.61. Please place your thoughts and comments here.

Thank you!
Your Forge of Empires Team

I like the new message center so far just wish the mail still deleted after 60 days there is pages and pages of mail and would like it even better if there wasn't 66 over pages in mail.

Or if I could delete the thread without notifying everyone of my guildies it is kinda annoying.

DeletedUser14186

Another change is limiting messages to 20 line breaks. So much for reporting on the guild's GBs...(putting it the guild forum which nobody reads instead). Of course it is one less thread to be spammed about when people leave it.

DeletedUser3877

WORST "IMPROVEMNT" EVER !!!

:tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown:

Inno, SERIUOSLY?????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the biggest piece of steaming crap I've seen you put out yet! You take away the delete button and replace it with a hard-to-get-to leave button. You give us a too bright paper background with text too small. You call this an IMPROVEMENT??? This system looks like someone was TRYING to mess things up... DO YOU READ ME??? I HATE IT!! HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE!!!!

I am a guild leader and this has killed ALL communication in the guild (except guild chat) and if you call "Player X has left the conversation" communicating. I spend much of my time in messages talking to other guilds, planning attacks, and just talking. This update feels like you have cut off both arms and told me to fight... I can't compete with 50+ messages of "Player X has Left the Conversation"

When the topic on global chat and guild chat is what alternate ways can you use to talk (Google Hangouts, Skype, etc.), you would think that somebody would spot a problem... But no. This is the "Best" Inno can give us. I say fire the jerk who thought of this! When there is an overwhelming resistance and negative feedback concerning a specific update/change/feature, it's a clear indication of something wrong.

In a desperate attempt to save communication in the guild, we are turning our GUILD FORUM into the new message board. I'm hoping this will be a temp fix until Inno realizes we HATE their "improved" messaging system.

Inno, one guy in my guild has already quit over this. He was a diamond player and has played for at least 2 years. Others are sure to follow if you don't act fast!

---END OF RANT---

--BEGIN CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK--

I know the devs want to hear more than complaining. I hope they would like to use some feedback.

What could be changed to make this a better system:
- Change the background color to a softer white (like that we have on the Treasure Hunt window) IF you insist on changing it from the perfectly fine wood background.

- Bring back the delete button. I am a guild leader and I spend TONS of time in mail. If I need to go through and leave every message I get to delete it, that is going to be a PAIN!

- Bring back the ability to have more than one private message with a given person. I have multiple personal message with leaders or allies about different topics. If these are forced to merge into one continual message, it will make things MUCH harder!

- If you must change the messages to look more like an IM, I guess that's ok... But PLEASE make the players name bigger and place it under, OR next to, their avatar. It makes it really confusing if there are multiple people with the same avatar in the conversation...

- Bring back subjects for personal messages. It seems like a step back not to have that...

- I don't want to get a fresh message telling me who has left the message. Keep the notification in the message, but don't alert me of it. Also, don't show it in the preview. I want to see what the last person posted NOT if somebody left the message.

Other Ideas:
- It would be cool for guild messages (messages to the whole guild - not leaving anyone out) to display the guild flag next to the message. For a group message, it displays the group of people talking around a table, for a personal message, it displays the other person's avatar.

- Drafts would be nice. I would REALLY use that feature!

Things I actually like:
- I like that it tells me how many new messages there when I open it up. That's a handy feature.
- Not too much else... Please work to make this better!!! I spend a TON of time in messages and so far this "fix" is more hampering than helpful.

DeletedUser17425

PLEASE get rid of the "left conversation" notification emails they are clogging up everyones inboxes

DeletedUser3877

The Most Useful Info Inno Can Provide Us

"Player X Has Left The Conversation"
"Player X Has Left The Conversation"Maybe Inno is trying to get a point across here... Hmmmmm.... What could it be? Oh, I got it! They want us all to LEAVE.

DeletedUser

Terrible update. Hard to know where to begin.

Lets start with removing the announcement of players leaving the message. Who cares? Next make the player names bigger, you can reduce the size of the avatar. Fix contrast messaging is like a sun burst now in a game screen that is nuetral. WHY? Come on fix this. Why if Beta was a train wreck did you decide to pull the trigger on this nightmare?

DeletedUser10076

I suggest all the negative feedback/proposals all be concentrated in one thread preferably this one

DeletedUser10121

Re: New Email,
1. Someone forgot to read "E-mail 101 for Dummies"
2. Ya took "Think Different" too far.
3. Ya can't fix Stupid.

DeletedUser13942

Here's a true result of this new system that I never thought of. (Yes this really happened)

New guy joins guild/leader sends welcome to whole guild/ some respond and leave convo while quieter members just try to delete but shows "left conversation"/ now mails have went out about not leaving before saying hi because it makes the new member feel like they don't care
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Both sides are right, the "left convo" BS makes the quiet players look like *, but they should also be able to play quietly if they so choose. Atleast 1 of those was really busy today and was in a hurry but now they are right smack in the middle of drama created by this ingenious new plan. So don't try to tell me this update is a good thing

DeletedUser13360

The last two days have been so quiet in the guild because no one wants to touch this system. It is ridiculous. In guild messages have dropped 90%.

DeletedUser9393

Another problem is the new mail address bar will not accept a comma separated string of multiple player addressees.
I had spent considerable time maintaining .csv list of previous friend contrbutors to my GBs and was able to solicite their help when contributing to my own GB and notify when a level was half done.
Same with a .csv list for a neighborhood GB thread.
This is no longer possible.

Last edited by a moderator: