• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

100% and more on GE

DeletedUser8152

Logic: reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity.

"100% = All of something" is valid. "100% = Anything other than all of something" is invalid.
Yes that's right. And that something here is "Level 3".

I have a pretty good handle on it jaelis. You choose to live in a world where things are left to personal interpretation. I don't have that luxury. Some things simply mean specific things.
Yes, and as we've discussed before, if you look up the dictionary or encyclopedia meaning of percentage, it can be relative to any base you specify.

DeletedUser26660

Logic: reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity.

"100% = All of something" is valid. "100% = Anything other than all of something" is invalid.

I have a pretty good handle on it jaelis. You choose to live in a world where things are left to personal interpretation. I don't have that luxury. Some things simply mean something specific.

Precisely, I agree, 100% means 100% or everything, at the moment we have 133% representing everything...rendering 100% invalid...bizarre!

DeletedUser26965

Precisely, I agree, 100% means 100% or everything, at the moment we have 133% representing everything...rendering 100% invalid...bizarre!
Exactly, if the championship is a complete and total thing when completed then it ought to be considered 100% not 133%. Why they didn't just make it that way from the start makes no sense to me. If it was 100% before when everyone in the guild completed GE then is should follow that when GE is completed now it should also be 100%. I suppose when they add another level it will go to 166% then 199%, 232%, 265%, etc.:confused:

DeletedUser26660

Exactly, if the championship is a complete and total thing when completed then it ought to be considered 100% not 133%. Why they didn't just make it that way from the start makes no sense to me. If it was 100% before when everyone in the guild completed GE then is should follow that when GE is completed now it should also be 100%. I suppose when they add another level it will go to 166% then 199%, 232%, 265%, etc.:confused:

Jeez...wouldn't surprise me...time for more beer :)

DeletedUser28503

I agree and like anyone with common sense would be confused on the logic to how this works. IT was stated lvl4 was not required and was a bonus for the very hardcore player and would not affect the competition. However the way the system works directly contradicts this statement. If level 4 is now possible to complete with everyone at 133% then it is included and may be required in order to compete. To say otherwise is just dumb that's like saying lvl 3 or 2 isn't required either. None of the level except 1 are required to be unlocked. They all are part of the calculation so they are all required if another guild does them all. Yes its possible to still win without it but doesn't change the fact it is included. These developers do this crap all the time. They do something that makes sense to them as a new feature then realize it doesn't work as intended which is very often and they nerf change or do some stupid update like this and not explain it very well.

Lets just accept INNO devs are half dumb and move on.

JC

DeletedUser26660

I agree and like anyone with common sense would be confused on the logic to how this works. IT was stated lvl4 was not required and was a bonus for the very hardcore player and would not affect the competition. However the way the system works directly contradicts this statement. If level 4 is now possible to complete with everyone at 133% then it is included and may be required in order to compete. To say otherwise is just dumb that's like saying lvl 3 or 2 isn't required either. None of the level except 1 are required to be unlocked. They all are part of the calculation so they are all required if another guild does them all. Yes its possible to still win without it but doesn't change the fact it is included. These developers do this crap all the time. They do something that makes sense to them as a new feature then realize it doesn't work as intended which is very often and they nerf change or do some stupid update like this and not explain it very well.

Lets just accept INNO devs are half dumb and move on.

JC

Well said, everything I was saying and some...more beer :)

DeletedUser26759

Yes, and as we've discussed before, if you look up the dictionary or encyclopedia meaning of percentage, it can be relative to any base you specify.

Context my man, context. Every retort you come up with is relative to some theoretical "other". I'm not going down that path with you; I'm arguing my point, how the winner of Guild Championships in Forge of Empires is determined - or more precisely - why they extended GE the way they did.

Yes that's right. And that something here is "Level 3".

Alright, 100% = Three levels of GE. Yes. Why did three levels of GE = 100%? Only because GE launched with three levels and they thought 100% looked like a nice number? They didn't use 100% because that was "all of GE"? Come on.

I know you know what I'm talking about. You know I know what you're talking about (or you should by now). They expanded GE in the most ridiculous way possible. That's my opinion. I thought about it a bit before sharing. No amount of alternate-reality exercises are going to change my opinion because they aren't adding anything I hadn't considered during the formulation of my opinion.

lol, anyway. Good talk, but this is starting to feel like Groundhog Day. Until the next time this topic comes up and I forget how pointless it is to contribute (or rant; it's a PoV world after all) to it....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26660

Context my man, context. Every retort you come up with is relative to some theoretical "other". I'm not going down that path with you; I'm arguing my point, how the winner of Guild Championships in Forge of Empires is determined - or more precisely - why they extended GE the way they did.

Alright, 100% = Three levels of GE. Yes. Why did three levels of GE = 100%? Only because GE launched with three levels and they thought 100% looked like a nice number? They didn't use 100% because that was "all of GE"? Come on.

I know you know what I'm talking about. You know I know what you're talking about (or you should by now). They expanded GE in the most ridiculous way possible. That's my opinion. I thought about it a bit before sharing. No amount of alternate-reality exercises are going to change my opinion because they aren't adding anything I hadn't considered during the formulation of my opinion.

lol, anyway. Good talk, but this is starting to feel like Groundhog Day. Until the next time this topic comes up and I forget how pointless it is to contribute to it (again)....

You are 100% right...or is that 133% right...anyway, I agree :)

DeletedUser13838

Person1: Great game last night!

Person2: Yeah, sure was! Good thing our team did more extra credit than the other team.

Person1: No joke; that was some great extra credit!

Clowns.

PS. Before some nitwit tries to put together an overtime analogy...Show me a competition where one team plays overtime before the other team (before even knowing if there will need to be an overtime) and we'll talk.

Football (ask the Patriots). That said what difference does any of this make? As long as x>y means x wins and that x and y are well defined, then how x and y are represented doesn't matter at all.

DeletedUser26660

For all you GE nuts out there here is what happens when 2 GE teams go head to head, not often a team gets 124.2% and still loses :)

I would just like to applaud Join or Die from Odhrorvar world for giving us our best ever GE contest, we from Barmy Army in Noarsil salute you guys, well done guys.

GE battle end.png

DeletedUser28503

For all you GE nuts out there here is what happens when 2 GE teams go head to head, not often a team gets 124.2% and still loses :)

I would just like to applaud Join or Die from Odhrorvar world for giving us our best ever GE contest, we from Barmy Army in Noarsil salute you guys, well done guys.

View attachment 3252
Thanks just wish in real life when we collect our paycheck we could get paid 125%.

DeletedUser18087

At the risk of looking really stupid, I have read these three pages four times now as have two other people. I see the comment saying this question has been answered but I sure don't see the answer. Does the first team to get 100% win or not?

DeletedUser8152

At the risk of looking really stupid, I have read these three pages four times now as have two other people. I see the comment saying this question has been answered but I sure don't see the answer. Does the first team to get 100% win or not?
No. The guild with the highest score wins regardless of whether that score is above or below 100%.

DeletedUser15337

I suggest that we all stop doing GE and find out if 100% inactivity means anything . It may have to be 133% to get their attention. Lets face it guys and gals it would be a lot less costly if we just ignore GE altogether.

DeletedUser28670

I suggest that we all stop doing GE and find out if 100% inactivity means anything . It may have to be 133% to get their attention. Lets face it guys and gals it would be a lot less costly if we just ignore GE altogether.
..... no.

DeletedUser

Speak for yourself. I and many others like and enjoy GE. You don't like it? Don't do it. Solved.:D

DeletedUser15337

I wasn't being serious in my last post but I will say this back in the day when saving gas was the big deal and you did what you could to save all you could. You know like change plugs, tune-ups & etc. we all did it but if you added up the fuel savings it was at 112% worth of savings. My problem was getting the gas station to take the extra gas out my tank every 40 miles or so as to not lose it on the ground :)