• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

100% and more on GE

Volodya

OK but who wins first to 100% or the over 100% guild. It was not clear in the info given and I have yet heard anyone validate that they beat a guild who reached 100% first by going over 100%. If that makes sense. What is sad to me is they had 30 pages and numerous other forum posts about all this before going live and they still went live. It typical inno release and figure it out later.

The highest percentage wins. It makes sense to tally it this way, with the 4th level counting as extra credit; otherwise, the instant a guild at 100% through three levels opens up the 4th level, its total would drop to 75% and it could lose to a guild at, say, 90% through three levels only..

DeletedUser26965

You mean like "extra credit"? lol, there's plenty of idio...err, fine people that still think that over in this fun thread.

133% is the new finish line. 100% means nothing, which yes, is absurd.
People are getting confused because in the original announcement on Beta it was worded in such a way people believed anything above 100% would not count towards the championship. Hence the second announcement from Darkstar I linked above. 100% and more on GE

DeletedUser26759

The highest percentage wins. It makes sense to tally it this way, with the 4th level counting as extra credit; otherwise, the instant a guild at 100% through three levels opens up the 4th level, its total would drop to 75% and it could lose to a guild at, say, 90% through three levels only..

Good grief. All the bending of logic people need to do to fanboy this is c-r-a-z-y.

64 Encounters count toward Guild Championship; this is a fact, despite all the "confusion". X/48 is ridiculous. 100% that doesn't mean "complete" is ridiculous.

If it's "extra credit", then how can it possibly help decide the winner of the competition? Extra Credit? Fine, then it shouldn't be required-to-win, right? Just because it hasn't come in to play in your competitions (yet) doesn't mean it isn't a possibility (and a reality for others).

The inconsistency is real folks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26759

Person1: Great game last night!

Person2: Yeah, sure was! Good thing our team did more extra credit than the other team.

Person1: No joke; that was some great extra credit!

Clowns.

PS. Before some nitwit tries to put together an overtime analogy...Show me a competition where one team plays overtime before the other team (before even knowing if there will need to be an overtime) and we'll talk.

DeletedUser26660

A guild does not need to complete all of level 3 with 100% to open up level 4, anyone can get to level 4, so the 100% association with level 3 is irrelevant. What I am asking is this...does the highest % now take the Gold spot or does first to 100% take it because level 4 was classed as extra fun initially...I am not convinced as yet either way.

wolfhoundtoo

A guild does not need to complete all of level 3 with 100% to open up level 4, anyone can get to level 4, so the 100% association with level 3 is irrelevant. What I am asking is this...does the highest % now take the Gold spot or does first to 100% take it because level 4 was classed as extra fun initially...I am not convinced as yet either way.

The highest percentage wins. Doesn't matter who gets to 100% first. This has been tested on beta where they had the same questions and confirmed that the highest percentage wins.

DeletedUser8152

lance, we've told you the answer. Is it that you don't understand, or that you don't believe us?

DeletedUser26660

lance, we've told you the answer. Is it that you don't understand, or that you don't believe us?

If the highest % wins, which I am inclined to agree with, what's with all the talk about level 4 just being for fun and not counting towards anything about then?

DeletedUser26759

If the highest % wins, which I am inclined to agree with, what's with all the talk about level 4 just being for fun and not counting towards anything about then?

Inconsistency. Let me save you a couple weeks of banging your head against a wall...

...move on and have fun with the (inconsistent) game.

Apparently you are?
:D

I was referring to the analogy point and counter-point specifically, but yeah...

...Dead Horse, meet Anfitc and his riding crop.

DeletedUser8152

I think that talk was on beta, regarding an early version of GE 4 that either worked differently, or was described incorrectly.

DeletedUser26660

Inconsistency. Let me save you a couple weeks of banging your head against a wall...

...move on and have fun with the (inconsistent) game.

I meant the analogy point and counter-point specifically, but yeah...

Yes, good advice, already on my 3rd beer now, why not rejig the % to make 100% include level 4 and then we would all get a truer representation.

DeletedUser26660

I think that talk was on beta, regarding an early version of GE 4 that either worked differently, or was described incorrectly.

I seem to remember that what I am referring to was included in the general release that we all got not long ago.

DeletedUser8152

Either way, logic wins.
See, I don't think "logic" means what you think it means. Logically, a percentage is relative to some base, and you can use whatever you want for the base. So logically, the current system is fine.

What I think you mean is, "conventionally" in a situation like this 100% means 100% complete. So the game is using percentages in an unconventional way. Which I pretty much agree with, with the caveat that there are lots of conventions and different people might think different ones should apply.

DeletedUser26965

or was described incorrectly
I believe it was just described in a way that led people to believe that level 4 would not contribute to the championship. If you read from the original post on Beta you will find comments about it. Here is on example:

As lvl 4 does seemingly not add to the chamoionship, I give an example - which guild is ahead, and which is 2nd?
[Feedback] Guild Expeditions - New Rewards, Balancing Changes and 4th Difficulty

Because people got confused Darkstar made that other post on it I linked above 100% and more on GE

DeletedUser26759

See, I don't think "logic" means what you think it means. Logically, a percentage is relative to some base, and you can use whatever you want for the base. So logically, the current system is fine.

What I think you mean is, "conventionally" in a situation like this 100% means 100% complete. So the game is using percentages in an unconventional way. Which I pretty much agree with, with the caveat that there are lots of conventions and different people might think different ones should apply.

Logic: reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity.

"100% = All of something" is valid. "100% = Anything other than all of something" is invalid.

I have a pretty good handle on it jaelis. You choose to live in a world where things are left to personal interpretation. I don't have that luxury. Some things simply mean something specific.

That said, you're right. Inno can make up the rules however they see fit. I'm not arguing that. I just think they did it in the most absurd fashion possible.