• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

10th Anniversary questions and non feedback comments.

Agent327

Use this thread for questions you have about the event and/or any other comments you have about the event that are not feedback.

Kranyar the Mysterious

How do you do that?
You save your golden die until you are within 6 spaces or less away from the golden die space on the board in the upper right hand corner, then use it to land on the golden die space. When you land there you will get another golden die. This saves you spending event money for trying to land there, but since all rolls are random except the golden die, you might miss getting the golden die from the board if you use a regular roll.

Also, the reason I said daily above is because once you get the golden die, the board switches to an event money reward for your next go around, so this method doesn't work as well if you are playing a lot of event money chasing daily specials and plan to go around the board multiple times in one day.

Pericles the Lion

As a general rule, I'm not sure that using a Golden Dice to win another Golden dice makes sense. On average, a roll of the dice will move us 3.5 spaces. Using the golden dice to move 4/5/6 spaces to land on Space 11 (the Golden Dice space) makes sense. However, using the Golden Dice to move 3/2/1 spaces seems a waste just to collect a replacement Golden Dice if the goal is to move around the board quickly. For players going for daily specials, I think that using the golden Dice to land on space 16 to get the extra 5% DS boost may be the way to go.

JSWilabay

Use this thread for questions you have about the event and/or any other comments you have about the event that are not feedback.
Could you make the anomalies and buildings that are ready red? It is almost impossible to see them sometimes.

SomePlayer5000

Today's the day.
Forge Of Empires just released the 10th Anniversary Event.
I'm just going to use up more resources than other events since this is a one in a lifetime moment experience and I want to get as much done as possible.
They're probably releasing the announcement soon, Haven't seen any new InnoGames or FOE posts in Announcements today, but they should be doing it soon.

It's crazy how its been 10 Years for a game, from the Stone Age in hunters, huts, and trees, all the way to thriving space technology and infrastructure on the moons of Jupiter. And it's still this popular even now.

I've only been here since last December, I actually signed up a bit earlier but I kinda just left it for a while but congratulations FOE for reaching this great goal.

If you guys don't have a general idea of the game, check on the FOE YouTube channel every now and then, they release Event Tutorials shortly after releasing the event.

Good luck, everyone.

Johnny B. Goode

Today's the day.
Forge Of Empires just released the 10th Anniversary Event.
I'm just going to use up more resources than other events since this is a one in a lifetime moment experience and I want to get as much done as possible.
They're probably releasing the announcement soon, Haven't seen any new InnoGames or FOE posts in Announcements today, but they should be doing it soon.

It's crazy how its been 10 Years for a game, from the Stone Age in hunters, huts, and trees, all the way to thriving space technology and infrastructure on the moons of Jupiter. And it's still this popular even now.

I've only been here since last December, I actually signed up a bit earlier but I kinda just left it for a while but congratulations FOE for reaching this great goal.

If you guys don't have a general idea of the game, check on the FOE YouTube channel every now and then, they release Event Tutorials shortly after releasing the event.

Good luck, everyone.
The Announcement was posted Monday. https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/forge-10th-anniversary.43644/

mineseA

To be honest, I'm playing this event like I do with every other event, spamming quests trying to get as much paper money as I can. I don't know why I do this when I play events. It's like I just suddenly don't plan anything out, but instead just try to get as much stuff as I could.

(PS: I have 3 Shura Mill Selection kits from grinding, just to prove my point.)

Just An Observer

Since there are swappable Daily Specials, my plan is to save the money for when the Daily Special is one I want. Then I will use the Golden Dice to land on the square which boosts the percentage for getting the Daily Specials and circle the board as many times as possible with the first large batch of money. Should Diamonds be needed, then I will spend them to guarantee the main prize while picking up on another Daily Special that I want. Right now I see the 4x4 secondary prize building as one to get a single of with Sentinel Level 2's being the prize I want multiples of. Whatever money is left at the end of the event will be spent to get whatever is out there.

CDmark

The dice may be a little off , 28 rolls and not one above 3. Slightly possible in real life but very unlikely with clean dice.
I think we are sharing the same die, first 5 rolls I moved a total of 6 spaces, 1,2,1,1,1, wasn't happy.

Other thing I noticed, first day, 24 hours until any incident showed up. I had about 20 in each of my worlds. A guildmate did say he got one, but no one else mentioned getting them. I am trying to track it and see. I am getting some now but others reported the same, very low frequency, DAY 1.

So, when I moved, I noticed the tile behind my move changed on the tile I had landed on. I didn't see it immediately but a tile I landed on, I got an Aviary. I rolled again, when I looked, it was a chest where the aviary was. I didn't go around the board, I am sitting on the golden die tile ("free parking" tile for you monopoly fans). I actually rolled on to it.

mineseA

CDmark said:
So, when I moved, I noticed the tile behind my move changed on the tile I had landed on. I didn't see it immediately but a tile I landed on, I got an Aviary. I rolled again, when I looked, it was a chest where the aviary was.

The item changes after you roll onto it.

HRH Aleena

Question: I noticed a prize on the board with a number next to it in 2 of my worlds. There is an Aviary with a 0 and a Menagerie with a 6. What is the number for?

Johnny B. Goode

Question: I noticed a prize on the board with a number next to it in 2 of my worlds. There is an Aviary with a 0 and a Menagerie with a 6. What is the number for?
When the picture of the prize doesn't completely cover it up, each square has a number on it corresponding to its distance from the Start square. So the Aviary with the 0 is either square 10, 20 or 30, and the Menagerie with a 6 is either square 6, 16 or 26. If those are the only numbers you see, then the chests and pictures of other prizes are covering up the other squares' numbers

xivarmy

As a general rule, I'm not sure that using a Golden Dice to win another Golden dice makes sense. On average, a roll of the dice will move us 3.5 spaces. Using the golden dice to move 4/5/6 spaces to land on Space 11 (the Golden Dice space) makes sense. However, using the Golden Dice to move 3/2/1 spaces seems a waste just to collect a replacement Golden Dice if the goal is to move around the board quickly. For players going for daily specials, I think that using the golden Dice to land on space 16 to get the extra 5% DS boost may be the way to go.

You can do both. You will get at least 5 free golden dice over the event. And using the golden die to hit the golden die doesn't consume one - so as long as your last golden die is still there you can keep using the trick. Eventually using up the golden die either on hitting an important square (such as 5% daily special on a day where you're going to spend a lot; or the king/queen square if you want those; or when you're exactly 6 away for a square you ideally want to land on if there's not other specific needs you have.)

1 away I can see an argument for rolling instead. Because 1/6 to get a golden die worth 6 = 1 free square vs golden die to golden die = 1 free square. But that also shouldn't come up often because the only way you wind up 1 away if you're planning to golden die to the golden die is if you're exactly 7 away and roll a 6.

HRH Aleena

When the picture of the prize doesn't completely cover it up, each square has a number on it corresponding to its distance from the Start square. So the Aviary with the 0 is either square 10, 20 or 30, and the Menagerie with a 6 is either square 6, 16 or 26. If those are the only numbers you see, then the chests and pictures of other prizes are covering up the other squares' numbers
That makes sense, especially since I have been playing on mobile. Thanks!

AshAttack

Anyone else having an issue with the anniversary event? By issue I mean you are given an option complete a task with an either or option and when you complete one it also makes you complete the other to actually finish it and get your reward?