• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pericles the Lion

Hi There,
Where does one find "GEMS" - How many do I have???? - How to get them????
Regards,

gandalf
You've been playing for nearly 2 years and don't know where and how to collect diamonds? I suggest you visit the Wiki or search the Forum. Lots of information to be found there.

wolfhoundtoo

It is entirely possible he's referring to promethium which (at least to me) looks like a gemstone.

@gandalf55

The advice to go to the wiki or do a search is good advice. That being said assuming you mean the an item that looks like a purple gemstone you have to be in Arctic Future or above to obtain promethium via the harbor in your city (which is unlocked in your tech tree). You can see how much promethium that you have by going to the tech tree for Arctic Future and finding a tech that costs promethium and it will say how much you have versus how much is required. You can also find the amount via your inventory tab (on PC anyway) and going to the goods tab. You can also find this out by going to the continental map for Arctic Future (if i recall correctly anyway) as some of the negotiations in that area will require promethium if you don't want to fight to gain control of some of the area.

wolfhoundtoo

Or the gems in the AD that actually are gemstones.

Possible but when you go into the AD it shows how many you have which he doesn't seem to know. Then again I'm not quite sure where the player could of run into promethium or diamonds and not know how many of those items they currently possess either. Promethium I figured was the most likely suspect since it does show in negotiations (presumably including the daily challenge once you hit AF but I don't remember).

Agent327

Possible but when you go into the AD it shows how many you have which he doesn't seem to know. Then again I'm not quite sure where the player could of run into promethium or diamonds and not know how many of those items they currently possess either. Promethium I figured was the most likely suspect since it does show in negotiations (presumably including the daily challenge once you hit AF but I don't remember).

He seems to be in PME.

wolfhoundtoo

Well that leaves the C map for promethium and the AD for the gemstones. I refuse to believe he's talking about diamonds after making it to PME.

Maybe the view of the AD is different on mobile and it doesn't show the totals of gemstones?

Well that leaves the C map for promethium and the AD for the gemstones. I refuse to believe he's talking about diamonds after making it to PME.

Maybe the view of the AD is different on mobile and it doesn't show the totals of gemstones?
The AD shows gemstones very clearly on mobile, Both how many you have and how many are needed to buy something.

Lord Pest

You get diamonds from playing GE especially level 4 and encounter 48 in level 3.
you can get diamonds by playing GBG. The more fights and negotiations you do the more diamonds, fp, goods you will get.
you can build a diamond farm which is a large number of wishing wells.

wolfhoundtoo

:rolleyes: When you aren't clear on what you are asking you get what you get in replies since we were guessing.

Props to Agent as being the best guesser. :)

MaryTheBold

Hi There,

Where does one find "GEMS" - How many do I have???? - How to get them????

Regards,

gandalf
Gems? Antique dealer perhaps? Sell stuff. Diamonds? Several options, buying them is one... *laughing* What gems are you speaking of?

EDIT: Read the above responses and saw the AD shop was what you meant. :) Cheers!
Maybe I'd better read the rules, posted replies, protocols, etc.... 1st. - Procrastinating Mary

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

Dear Mr. Wolfie,

I am confused with your response that I might not have been clear in posing my question.

I fail to see how my question -
Where does one find "GEMS" - How many do I have???? - How to get them???? -
could be more clearer.

At that point, I had no idea what "GEMS" were, where to find them, or how many that I had, if any.

After the "Powers-To-Be" explained what "GEMS" were, and where to find/get them, suddenly it became very clear.

I find that the manner in which my "Innocent" question has been received, rather disconcerting and shall endeavour to never ask any more questions in this forum.

I may even quit this "NEVER ENDING" game, seeing as how the long time "Know It All" players, treat the "Novices" !!!!!!!!

Regards,

gandalf
The simple fact that the folks trying to answer your question had to guess at what you were referring to is a pretty good clue that your question was vague.

The Lady Redneck

@Gandalf.Please do not equate the Forum with the game. They are separate entities. The best place to find things out about this game and get your questions answered is NOT the Forum. The best place to learn the game is in a good guild where the founders and their leadership team have a real in-depth knowledge. They have played the game for years, have weathered all its ups and downs. and in the process have made all the noob mistakes and learned from them. AND have no ego problems about admitting that they also had to ask all of the questions that might seem dumb. Their interest is in building a strong guild that helps to build strong members because that is what makes the guild succeed.. They do not have the time or inclination to come near the forums on daily basis. and neither do the majority of their members. They are all to busy enjoying the game itself.

However there are some players who do seem to get more out of the Forums, Some are great and from their input you can get a broader view of the game. And therefor learn from that. But many love to make a meal out of a simple snack. Yes they may give advice, but if they can manage to keep the "discussion" going long enough to turn it into a banquet then the fun really begins. For that reason it is a fun place to visit. And you never know....You may pick up a "Gem" of wisdom.

Last edited:

MJ Artisan of War

I have learned much from the forums, both here and beta, but as with any long discussion on any topic You must separate the wheat from the chaff.
Over time You will discover who has sound advice and who is just sounding off.
I check the updated threads (new posts) daily, there is indeed value in learning new aspects of the game and differing points of view.

wolfhoundtoo

@gandalf55

The only one disrespecting or talking down to anyone in this thread is you as evidenced by the way you addressed me and how you spoke to others that were attempting to help you when you question was in fact not easily understood. The fact that you opted to delete your posts shows that you in fact know that you were the one being disrespectful.

As to how your question could of been more clear you could of explained where in the game you saw whatever you were referring to as 'gems' in order to give people some idea of what you area of the game you were looking at when your question arose. It still isn't clear how you could of been in the AD and seen the gemstones there and still had to ask how many you had as that information is present in the same screen. You could of also stated that the gems you were referring to were not diamonds as some people would no doubt consider them to be 'gems'. I'd say your inquiry to support either provided more information on which to go on or they (like agent) did a good job at guessing as to your meaning. It is quite impossible for you to have NO idea of what you are asking about because you must of seen something somewhere that raised the question in your mind and that is the information that would of made your question more clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.