• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

429 days later ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Sorry Mr. Longshanks...the pvp in this game is broken. I won't play it because it is so broken and the attacker has such a huge advantage..that is real and to deny the advantages of the attacker versus the defender is ridiculous. Why do you think I vote down every proposal that makes the mechanic easier...?
If it is so broken, why do the people attacking me in all 5 of my cities usually surrender or lose? Hmmm? It's not the PvP that's broken that gives the attacker the advantage a lot of the time, it is the unwillingness of players to do anything about their defense that gives the attacker the advantage. Leaving out the fact that some players get GBs ahead of their age, because that is a different issue entirely, the main difference between me people that I plunder and the people that unsuccessfully attack me is that I work on that aspect of my game, and they don't. That is a fact. The ones that do work on it either don't get successfully attacked, or they inflict major damage before losing. That is also a fact. Too many players want to play the victim rather than address the fact that the way they choose to play is what is causing their problems. It's fine to be a farmer/trader if that's what you want to do, but you still have to protect your resources. Don't want to? Someone is more than willing to take them. That is the game.

Freshmeboy

Why do pvp at all...? Because its easy pickings in a flawed system. Three, count em three offensive GBs before a defensive GB rears its head so its 3:1 in favor of the offense as you rise through the ages and and 3:2 overall with NO offensive GB for your defending troops. Fair..? Pvp on an equal footing..? Extra defense available through ritual flames and prizes of watchtowers that take more time than GB leveling to accrue. These are added features because even INNO recognizes the slant towards offensive is steep as the Andes. Just one facet of this mechanic could be changed to make pvp what it should be...a challenge...right now it's just flawed and unplayable..except for those players wanting low hanging fruit...

Volodya

A) I have not insulted aspects of people's personal character. If you think I have, please post specific quotes from my posts.
Volodya also has no concerns, only complaints that others are playing the game better than he is. And if you're really concerned about personal attacks, how about this gem?
Since you like to ask for citations, please cite where I even hinted that I have a problem with people who play the game better than I do. Whenever I've involved myself in this ugly discussion, I've explicitly stressed precisely the opposite. If someone can get past my +722% defense I'll tip my hat to them, or I would if I wore a hat. As for my supposed "personal attack," it's a demonstrable fact that you and your fellow thieves are hurting people in real life. You know it's a fact because you've been told it over and over by your victims. I suppose it is just a surmise that you actively enjoy hurting people; I guess it's possible that you're merely indifferent to the hurt you cause. Whatever gets you through the night.

DeletedUser

If someone can get past my +722% defense
So you don't actually have any concerns, you are living proof that I'm right about the plunder victims complaining. You chose to do something about it, they didn't.
it's a demonstrable fact that you and your fellow thieves are hurting people in real life.
Where? Plunder victims complaining is light years away from proof of "hurting people in real life". This assertion is so absurd it is hard to believe an adult could say it with a straight face. Maybe you couldn't. Maybe you were smirking as you typed the words.

Volodya

So you don't actually have any concerns, you are living proof that I'm right about the plunder victims complaining. You chose to do something about it, they didn't.

Where? Plunder victims complaining is light years away from proof of "hurting people in real life". This assertion is so absurd it is hard to believe an adult could say it with a straight face. Maybe you couldn't. Maybe you were smirking as you typed the words.

Ah, so you tacitly acknowledge you were making stuff up out of whole cloth when you said I was "complaining." Pity you lack the integrity to actually apologize.

The victims of you and your fellow thieves are patently distressed. They say so very clearly. I think distress is a close cousin of hurt, don't you? I choose to take people at their word unless I have cogent reasons to doubt them. You apparently prefer to accuse people of lying about their feelings, for no better reason than it suits your purpose. Still looking for ways to get you through the night I see.

Dursland has said that if people ask him nicely not to plunder them, he stops. That's an entirely fair and honorable approach which effectively establishes in a slightly different form the voluntary relationship I suggested upthread. If others emulated him, this discussion would be unnecessary.

DeletedUser31498

It is true that the "surrender" option makes plundering a total free-roll. You can scout their city before choosing to attack, so at a minimum you can get a sense of what troops they're capable of owning, and if you happen to get a bad matchup, you simply resign and lose nothing. It certainly seems that for a plunder you should be forced to fight all the way through, or just surrender and lose all your troops. One alternative would be if you lose, they get to plunder you? Absent those changes, i think the most reasonable compromise should be that you can plunder whatever is available at the time. and once you click away from their city, you have to wait 24 hours.

I mean its so insanely easy to plunder, and you risk nothing, seems the least they could change is the ability to re-visit whenever and take whatever.

DeletedUser29672

It is true that the "surrender" option makes plundering a total free-roll. You can scout their city before choosing to attack, so at a minimum you can get a sense of what troops they're capable of owning, and if you happen to get a bad matchup, you simply resign and lose nothing. It certainly seems that for a plunder you should be forced to fight all the way through, or just surrender and lose all your troops. One alternative would be if you lose, they get to plunder you? Absent those changes, i think the most reasonable compromise should be that you can plunder whatever is available at the time. and once you click away from their city, you have to wait 24 hours.

I mean its so insanely easy to plunder, and you risk nothing, seems the least they could change is the ability to re-visit whenever and take whatever.

But if you lose or surrender that player can plunder your city without a fight.
I learned the hard way.
I would do what you described, but found that if I lost the battle or surrendered I could be plundered by that player.
Unless there is another way to be plundered without an attack.
My event history just showed that I was plundered by the player - No preceding PVP fight

DeletedUser

The victims of you and your fellow thieves are patently distressed. They say so very clearly. I think distress is a close cousin of hurt, don't you? I choose to take people at their word unless I have cogent reasons to doubt them. You apparently prefer to accuse people of lying about their feelings, for no better reason than it suits your purpose. Still looking for ways to get you through the night I see.
OMG! If people are so sensitive that they suffer real emotional distress at a little plundering, maybe they should stay away from city building games with a very strong emphasis on fighting and plundering. I am not responsible for other player's feelings as relates to regular, allowed parts of the game. Now, if I attacked and plundered a player, then sent a nasty message insulting or belittling them with no prior provocation on their part, you would have a point. I don't do that, however. In fact, I have replied to respectful messages from my victims with advice. I have even told them to send me a friend request, and accepted when they did, treating them from then on just like anyone else on my friends list. I have also responded to nasty messages from my victims with more plundering, and taunting messages, because I respond in kind to messages. Look for help and I'll give it. Ask to be my friend and I will accept. Whine and insult me, and I will make it my mission to treat you like the crybaby you are. You have a problem with that? Come to one of my cities and make me sorry, if you can. But don't worry about me sleeping at night, I have no problem there. :p

DeletedUser31498

oh wow i didnt realize that!! Someone surrendered so I attacked him, little did i know i could just plunder him...but more fun crushing his soldiers anyway I suppose!

DeletedUser

oh wow i didnt realize that!! Someone surrendered so I attacked him, little did i know i could just plunder him...but more fun crushing his soldiers anyway I suppose!
You have to attack in order to plunder.

DeletedUser31498

Cordelia said if someone attacks you and loses you can plunder them for free. thats not the case?

DeletedUser

Cordelia said if someone attacks you and loses you can plunder them for free. thats not the case?
No, that's not the case. You have to successfully attack a neighbor before you can plunder. It's amazing what some people will tell you on this game.

DeletedUser26120

This thread is now almost solely discussing subject material that's very close to another topic, if we can't get back on track then I'll need to close this thread.

People depend upon FoE forums to search for information so I'm very adamant about keeping things in their own topics.

DeletedUser26965

This thread is now almost solely discussing subject material that's very close to another topic, if we can't get back on track then I'll need to close this thread.

People depend upon FoE forums to search for information so I'm very adamant about keeping things in their own topics.
What is the topic? The OP, who probably isn't around anymore anyway, touches on so many things how can you discern?

I remember once I tried to start a thread to ascertain Negotiations in GE mainly what it would cost to negotiate GE mainly to give new players a sense of what it would take to acquire the needed goods for negotiations. The first post got hijacked For Those Who Negotiate GE, How Many..bah, forget it, do what you want. And so I made a second post, and the second post?, well...

as what's spent on GE isn't the only consideration

Seems someone wanted to add all kinds of fighting and treasure data to the topic.;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26120

Yes and you mentioned the thread was for GE goods, so I stopped. That's why the info is in my sig now.

Not sure any more valuable discussion can come out of this thread but we'll see.

DeletedUser26120

People will complain we have 2 threads on plunder so going to move last half dozen posts to plunder progress and close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.