• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

50% less GE Diamonds? More Like 75-90% (3yr Data Sheet)

Did the loss of diamond rewards in GE this week cause the game to lose sparkle for you?

• Sadly, Yes

Votes: 60 52.2%
  • Angrily, Yes

Votes: 41 35.7%
  • Happily, Yes

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I'm Confused

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • No Comment

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Unprintable Comment!

Votes: 17 14.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

EarlofKnight

You cant be serious with this GE level 5, what a total Rip Off!!! Since inception with this game the total emphasis is on Attack and Attack Defense (red swords). Changing years into the game to now make one event to use City Defense (Blue) is outrageous!!....Hello this is a War Game...not a defense game as Inno designed it this way. The rewards you offer for GE level 5 are ridiculously embarrassing. For a guild to spend a massive amount of our goods for this embarrassingly pittance of rewards is a slap in the face. Please immediately go back to the drawing board on this GE level 5; your developers missed the mark Bigtime!! . This is just another way for Game Development to make us spend more of our goods , troops and diamonds while giving us garbage in return for our efforts. Start Over

Pericles the Lion

Just finished 484 fights in GbG and not one Diamond reward. The way virtual games work is that they give virtual short , mid and long range rewards. You are removing the short by all but removing the diamonds , everything is fragments now so the midrange is all but gone now too. This leaves only the long range rewards. In what universe do you think 800 fragments of a reward is incentivizing more play ? You are breaking the cardinal rule of every game. FPS have level bosses and the end game boss battle as mid and long and all the better armour and weapons you find as the short range rewards . RPGs have the same short range rewards . Armour , weapons , spells , etc. the mid and long range are the skill level ups and reputation in game. Even sports games have the short as the individual games with the quarterfinals , semi and finals being the mid and long range rewards. This is the way games work Inno , get the accountant out of game design , they are terrible at it.
Since I could only make sense out of your first sentence I'll respond to that. So far in this GBG season I have completed 5,397 battles and have won 1,325 diamonds. This payoff is almost precisely what we would expect. 1 diamond for every 4 battles. You just had a run of bad luck.

La Marchessa

Since I could only make sense out of your first sentence I'll respond to that. So far in this GBG season I have completed 5,397 battles and have won 1,325 diamonds. This payoff is almost precisely what we would expect. 1 diamond for every 4 battles. You just had a run of bad luck.
Inno's numbers don't add up. Clearly any newb can figure out that if you only have 4 opportunities now to win 90 diamonds, even if you happen to win every time which is unlikely, you have radically less chance to win the amount of diamonds than in the past. This past includes the entire past of the Inno FOE game. This is a radical departure, not just a one week run of bad luck.

No need to take on such a snide tone, but if you do, you will find that you get that back from others.

La Marchessa

Just finished 484 fights in GbG and not one Diamond reward. The way virtual games work is that they give virtual short , mid and long range rewards. You are removing the short by all but removing the diamonds , everything is fragments now so the midrange is all but gone now too. This leaves only the long range rewards. In what universe do you think 800 fragments of a reward is incentivizing more play ? You are breaking the cardinal rule of every game. FPS have level bosses and the end game boss battle as mid and long and all the better armour and weapons you find as the short range rewards . RPGs have the same short range rewards . Armour , weapons , spells , etc. the mid and long range are the skill level ups and reputation in game. Even sports games have the short as the individual games with the quarterfinals , semi and finals being the mid and long range rewards. This is the way games work Inno , get the accountant out of game design , they are terrible at it.
Well said! thank you for your comment. don't forget to vote in the poll.

UBERhelp1

Where is the "no, I'm not whining" answer? It's obvious that you don't like the change. But we've been making a killing. For every world that you had that could complete all 4 levels of GE, you'd be able to make the equivalent of about $80 of diamonds (yes, the $80 package is 11000, but if you tried to buy smaller packages it would be about $80). With these changes, we're down to about $50 of free diamonds per year, per world. Not including GBG, wishing wells, fountains of youth, quest rewards, the HC, the SC, anything doubled with the BG, the SV, the Crow's Nest, etc. It's not "robbing" to remove something that you weren't paying for anyways.

Even though this change diminished the ability of players to achieve free diamonds, it is still far more generous than most other games on the market. Generally, you're lucky to get any free premium currency at all from gameplay in most games. Does this change suck? Yeah. It does. I don't want to lose half of my free diamonds from GE. But it's a lot better than no diamonds, and it's still pretty simple to set up a diamond farm to play through GE 64 weekly, slowly build up FoY and WW, and over time produce a decent number of diamonds.

Now, does this mean I'm on Inno's side with this one? Of course not! But if what makes this game fun is collecting diamonds, then I've been playing the game wrong this whole time! You don't need diamonds to play this game and you never have. I've never spent a penny, nor do I plan to. So if the price I have to pay to enjoy a free game is a little bit less of a premium currency, and maybe if I play on my phone to click past a couple of ads, then isn't that worth it?

Johnny B. Goode

Where is the "no, I'm not whining" answer? It's obvious that you don't like the change. But we've been making a killing. For every world that you had that could complete all 4 levels of GE, you'd be able to make the equivalent of about $80 of diamonds (yes, the $80 package is 11000, but if you tried to buy smaller packages it would be about $80). With these changes, we're down to about $50 of free diamonds per year, per world. Not including GBG, wishing wells, fountains of youth, quest rewards, the HC, the SC, anything doubled with the BG, the SV, the Crow's Nest, etc. It's not "robbing" to remove something that you weren't paying for anyways.

Even though this change diminished the ability of players to achieve free diamonds, it is still far more generous than most other games on the market. Generally, you're lucky to get any free premium currency at all from gameplay in most games. Does this change suck? Yeah. It does. I don't want to lose half of my free diamonds from GE. But it's a lot better than no diamonds, and it's still pretty simple to set up a diamond farm to play through GE 64 weekly, slowly build up FoY and WW, and over time produce a decent number of diamonds.

Now, does this mean I'm on Inno's side with this one? Of course not! But if what makes this game fun is collecting diamonds, then I've been playing the game wrong this whole time! You don't need diamonds to play this game and you never have. I've never spent a penny, nor do I plan to. So if the price I have to pay to enjoy a free game is a little bit less of a premium currency, and maybe if I play on my phone to click past a couple of ads, then isn't that worth it?
No, you don't "need" Diamonds to play this game. That's true. but trying to say that the nerf is less than it is is disingenuous at best, deceptive at worst. Before the nerf there were 16 chances at Diamonds in the 4 levels of GE. Now there are 2. Play with the individual percentages to your heart's content, but you're wrong. 16 chances is way better than 2, unless the 2 are at least 50-75%. Before, you could do as much GE as much or as little as you wanted in a Diamond farm world and you get a chance at Diamonds every 4th encounter. Now you have to complete GE4 to have even a reasonable chance at Diamonds. That is a serious nerf, irregardless of your attempts to minimize it.

Oh, and I don't care that it's "better than other games". I don't play other games. I play this one. And it's not the collecting of Diamonds that makes this game fun, that's a ridiculous statement. Playing the game is what makes it fun. But nerfing the free acquisition of premium currency is not a smart business move. People who might spend money on a game that is player-friendly will not spend money on a game that is squeezing every dime from its customers, as is obviously the direction Inno is heading with the last several changes to the game.

CDmark

No one can possibly be ok with the diamond heist (that's my term for it). I think those that will do GE5 have it worse. OK, there is a small number that can battle, but for arguments sake, week in and week out (not drinking 100 20% defender potions), lets say players can get to thru encounter 8. That leaves 8 encounters to negotiate. I use 8 encounters as a break point because the opposing army stats, for all ages) start top jump after E9
SAJM numbers
E5 527%
E6 547%
E7 568%
E8 589%
E9 633%
E10 727%
E11 827%
E12 935%

They increase about 20% from the previous encounter, E5 to E8, then 45% E9, 94% E10, 100% E11, 108% E12
Encounters 13 to 16 are worse, no need to post.

So, use me as an example, I make some changes, actually still maintain most (like 95% for sure) of my attacking army A/D, some loss, but gain large chunks of city defending. Now I get to E9, it will take more but to get E10, that's where the time factor comes in, thinking L3 serpent with spikes, takes 4 weeks, will need multiple ones to get to E13.

Sorry about dragging you into the data but, here is the point, I am using an average of 8 negotiations needed to complete it which will decrease over time. The 80, on average, that I get from L4, I would think 40 gone for sure, could be all 80 using the 10 D to finish it. Some will nego more so even worse.

So, I would actually have net zero diamonds from GE for a while, could take a year before I am battling E13 to E16.

Summary, players just doing L1-4, take a 50% cut, most players wanting to complete GE5, net zero diamonds (and they better be goods making machines).

So I voted angry. If they gave diamonds in GE5, even if I break even from those extra ones, so net 80 on average after GE done, I could reluctantly deal with it. If I get a portrait instead of fragments, I will be even more mad. 10% chance for diamonds, let the average be 80 to 100 instead of portraits. This doesn't help the L1-4 players, I would be ok with the extra diamonds, like before, in L1-4, so don't want you to think GE5 should get special consideration.

CDmark

Agree with Johnny above, how they distribute them, all L4, screws all newer players, ones that need the most help. I would guess they believe new players spend money so don't give any until L4, starve them for diamonds so they think buying diamonds is the only answer., After they learned the game better and can do L4, they will be wiser.

I have a better poll question but I don't know how to post one.
If your friend asked you what game you are playing and then asked you if he/she should play, based on recent developments, would you say yes or know.

I would tell my friend, negative, they play games with their customers.

Johnny B. Goode

Summary, players just doing L1-4, take a 50% cut
Some may think it's 50%...and it may be on paper. In practice it is not. If you are lucky, it may end up being 50% from time to time. otherwise, it is a definite nerf, and more like at least 75% reduction. As I stated above, 16 chances vs 2 chances. It's not 50%, even on paper. Even if all 16 chances were at 5% (they actually went up to at least 20% at the end), it's way better than 2 chances at 30%. Yeah, yeah, the 30% is 90 Diamonds. Which doesn't matter if you only hit it once a month instead of hitting lower amounts one or more times a week. Face it, it's a serious nerf. And yes, especially for newer players, who now won't even get that 30% chance for quite a while after they start.

La Marchessa

Hi thanks for your comment. It sounds like the only whining going on is you whinging about legit major complaints. I've been registered on this forum for 2 years and never complained here once. NOT ONCE.
That fact alone should be all you need to know about Inno's game changes. Now by all means stop your whinging about us and go back to your happy playing.

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

Inno's numbers don't add up. Clearly any newb can figure out that if you only have 4 opportunities now to win 90 diamonds, even if you happen to win every time which is unlikely, you have radically less chance to win the amount of diamonds than in the past. This past includes the entire past of the Inno FOE game. This is a radical departure, not just a one week run of bad luck.

No need to take on such a snide tone, but if you do, you will find that you get that back from others.
I was responding to another player that was referring to diamond rewards in GBG. Nobody is arguing that fewer diamonds can be earned in GE now and that this fact has nothing to do with luck. Oh, there are only 3 opportunities to win 90 diamonds, not 4.

Pericles the Lion

No, you don't "need" Diamonds to play this game. That's true. but trying to say that the nerf is less than it is is disingenuous at best, deceptive at worst. Before the nerf there were 16 chances at Diamonds in the 4 levels of GE. Now there are 2. Play with the individual percentages to your heart's content, but you're wrong. 16 chances is way better than 2, unless the 2 are at least 50-75%. Before, you could do as much GE as much or as little as you wanted in a Diamond farm world and you get a chance at Diamonds every 4th encounter. Now you have to complete GE4 to have even a reasonable chance at Diamonds. That is a serious nerf, irregardless of your attempts to minimize it.

Oh, and I don't care that it's "better than other games". I don't play other games. I play this one. And it's not the collecting of Diamonds that makes this game fun, that's a ridiculous statement. Playing the game is what makes it fun. But nerfing the free acquisition of premium currency is not a smart business move. People who might spend money on a game that is player-friendly will not spend money on a game that is squeezing every dime from its customers, as is obviously the direction Inno is heading with the last several changes to the game.
Please get your facts straight. Before the introduction of L5 there were 18 chests (not 16) containing an opportunity to earn diamonds. For L1-L3 these chests were every fourth, but not on L4 where 6 chests were diamond opportunities. With the introduction of L5, there are now 3 opportunities to win diamonds (not 2). In this case, the 18 chances were better than three. Not because 18 is greater than 3 but because the average number of diamonds earned from the 18 opportunities (162) is greater than the average number of diamonds won from the 3 opportunities (81). Nerfing the acquisition of free diamonds is a very smart business move. I agree with @UBERhelp1, free game currency is unusual. To the extent that INNO has made it possible is absurd. The long term viabiity of the business depends on revenue and INNO created too many freeloaders. Myself included.

La Marchessa

INNO created too many freeloaders.
lol this is a ridiculous way to talk to players. Inno created a free browser game and advertised it all over the place with a giant red button. Using insulting language for people who accepted their invite to play, and accepted the terms they presented the game with for years and years, shows something about you, not them.
Even more ridiculous would be a scenario in which Inno took away the most valuable regularly available weekly currency reward, and everyone thanked them.
So deal with the fact that based on reasonable expectations of years of play, people do not like the changes and they are taking to the forums to complain, loudly. We don't want to hear you complain any more than you want to hear us frankly. In fact, by your logic, I should say you are a freeloader on this thread lol. and in this forum. Freeloader lol

Pericles the Lion

Hi thanks for your comment. It sounds like the only whining going on is you wining about legit major complaints. I've been registered on this forum for 2 years and never complained here once. NOT ONCE.
That fact alone should be all you need to know about Inno's game changes. Now by all means stop your whinging and go back to your happy playing.
Ya, you have never complained before (well not until now) but you have not contributed before either. That cannot be said for @UBERhelp1, who has proven himself to be an extraordinary resource to FOE players.

Pericles the Lion

lol this is a ridiculous way to talk to players. Inno created a free browser game and advertised it all over the place with a giant red button. Using insulting language for people who accepted their invite to play, and accepted the terms they presented the game with for years and years, shows something about you, not them.
Even more ridiculous would be a scenario in which Inno took away the most valuable regularly available weekly currency reward, and everyone thanked them.
So deal with the fact that based on reasonable expectations of years of play, people do not like the changes and they are taking to the forums to complain, loudly. We don't want to hear you complain any more than you want to hear us frankly. In fact, by your logic, I should say you are a freeloader on this thread lol. and in this forum. Freeloader lol
LMAO. I called myself a "freeloader", you didn't need to. The fact is that I am a freeloader. I haven't bought diamonds for over 2 years and have stockpiled over 45K of them. All the while I facepalm myself wondering why INNO enables my behavior. They did not remove the opportunity to win free diamonds, they just reduced it. Imo, this move was justifiable, so I am not going to complain about it. You can feel free to whine about it to your heart's content. Threaten to rage quit, whatever. It won't change a thing.

La Marchessa

Ya, you have never complained before (well not until now) but you have not contributed before either. That cannot be said for @UBERhelp1, who has proven himself to be an extraordinary resource to FOE players.

Sidestep the point, best you can do, i know.
If you think you are contributing, by simply trolling, no wonder you think nerfing a game is somehow something people should embrace. lol joker.

La Marchessa

LMAO. I called myself a "freeloader", you didn't need to. The fact is that I am a freeloader. I haven't bought diamonds for over 2 years and have stockpiled over 45K of them. All the while I facepalm myself wondering why INNO enables my behavior. They did not remove the opportunity to win free diamonds, they just reduced it. Imo, this move was justifiable, so I am not going to complain about it. You can feel free to whine about it to your heart's content. Threaten to rage quit, whatever. It won't change a thing.
oh now I'm "threatening to rage quit" - what else, what awful other thing am I doing? please enlighten...

Pericles the Lion

Sidestep the point, best you can do, i know.
If you think you are contributing, by simply trolling, no wonder you think nerfing a game is somehow something people should embrace. lol joker.
I'm not trolling. You are. I never said that anyone should embrace the nerf. I just said that I thought it was justifiable and that I'm not going to complain about it.