• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

A couple of questions

Lankybrit

Hi,

Been playing the game for about a month now. The highest I've got on any world is EMA. Here are a couple of things that are bothering me right now.

1. When do Great Buildings and GE and stuff decide what Age you are in? For example, I moved to EMA about 4 days ago on on World, and Olympic Treasury is still giving Iron Age goods, and GE started on Bronze Age troops.

2. On the mobile app, is there a way to see what GBs you're contributing to? It doesn't seem to be an option when clicking on the Town Hall, like in the PC version.

Thanks in advance.

Agent327

1. Olympic Treassury will stay in that age forever until you use a one-up or reno kit. GE already started before you aged up, so you will still play that in your previous age.

2. If you can not find it, it either is not there, or you are looking in the wrong place.

Super Catanian

1. The above posters are correct.
2. In mobile, on the lower right corner of the screen, you'll see a square with people in it. To the left, there is a small arrow pointing to the left. Tapping on it, four more buttons will appear. One of them will say Great Buildings. Tapping on it will take you to a window with two tabs, your BPs and your Contribution List.

Kranyar the Mysterious

1. Olympic Treassury will stay in that age forever until you use a one-up or reno kit. GE already started before you aged up, so you will still play that in your previous age.
Just to clarify...

One-up Kits only raise the building one age, Renovation Kits will raise the building to your current age. They both have uses, especially if you only want to raise a building to the age prior to your current one to give prior age goods.

This GE will stay in the age you started in. The next GE will start with your current age.

DeletedUser

Hi,

Been playing the game for about a month now. The highest I've got on any world is EMA. Here are a couple of things that are bothering me right now.

1. When do Great Buildings and GE and stuff decide what Age you are in? For example, I moved to EMA about 4 days ago on on World, and Olympic Treasury is still giving Iron Age goods, and GE started on Bronze Age troops.

2. On the mobile app, is there a way to see what GBs you're contributing to? It doesn't seem to be an option when clicking on the Town Hall, like in the PC version.

Thanks in advance.
To clarify the above answers:
1. Great Buildings stay whatever age they are associated with, but the ones that give goods will produce current age goods for whatever age you are in when you collect up through Progressive Era. From Modern Age on up they will produce unrefined goods, which are goods from 3 ages previous. The exceptions to this are the Star Gazer GB, which always produces previous era goods, and Treasury GBs (Observatory, Atomium, Arc), which always produce current age goods and place them directly in the guild Treasury.
Special/Event buildings mostly stay the age they were when you built them unless/until you use a One-Up or Renovation Kit on them, although some will take on the current age if/when you use an appropriate upgrade on them. There are a few exceptions to this, most notably the Wishing Wells and Victory Towers, which are always automatically current age (although the Wishing Well will produce unrefined goods starting in Modern Era, just like GBs.)
In GE you will always face the same current/previous era armies and negotiate with the same current/previous era goods as when you started that particular week of GE. Rewards from encounters will be the same as when you started that week, however Relics will give rewards based on your current age/era when you earn them.
2. On mobile, go to the Great Buildings tab (on lower right slide out menu bar) and you will have the option to see the same info as on PC.

Algona

1. When do Great Buildings and GE and stuff decide what Age you are in?

Forgive me this post. I'm gonna climb on your cloud for a bit, but as The Rolling Stones say, two's a crowd...

While clarifying the clarifications of the clarified answers would be fun, I noticed something.

I'm gonna start with a nitpick, but I think it may be important, then I'll lead into unsolicited advice that may be useful for your long term enjoyment of the game.

The nitpick. As far as I can tell you don't have any Great Buildings in any of your four cities. I think you mean to be asking about Special Buildings. It is a nitpick but the difference between the two is profound.

Which leads me to the advice. You;re in EMA after a month with no GBs. That is fine but it may indicate you've chosen to go through the Tech Tree and move up in Era pretty fast.

That is a strategy and handled properly can work but INNO has set some nasty traps for that particular technique.

The most subtle well hidden trap and the hardest to overcome is the game becomes more difficult as you move up in Era. GE, Events, DCs, CMap, Tech Tree requirements all become harder.

Sooner or later you will get to a point where not having GBs and a well developed city will be a problem.

You might want to consider slowing down just a bit, working on making sure your city is well positioned to advance to the next Era before moving up in Era by acquiring and leveling GBs to help you as you move along.

Or you can tell me to blow it out my nether region, which is fine, too.

Either way, best of luck and congratulations on scoring the SBs you have so early in the game!

Now pardon me while I figure out how to get off your cloud. Again, my apologies for intruding.

Lankybrit

No problem. I actually got my first GB ever (other than the Oracle) on one of my Worlds today. Statue of Zeus!! Don't worry, I'm stopping at the end of EMA on all Worlds to contribute FPs to GBs and to get my own before moving on. Fighting ones on my 3 fighting Worlds, and Lighthouse on my 4th world for negotiating.