• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

A Little Help From My Friends.....

DeletedUser26154

And then plunder. If you can plunder enough you don't need space for goods buildings.

I would not recommend making plunder your bread and butter.
What comes around goes around, and people have powerful friends and guildies.
If you really know what you are doing, that's one thing.
New players best not make enemies by the dozens.
Producing your own goods isn't that hard as long as you are efficient.

DeletedUser25273

I will argue against making only current age goods and expecting to trade down for other goods needed (unless you build a very big cushion before moving an age so you really don't need to do this much). The problem is that people of the age below you don't have that big of a need for goods above their age. There is some need for building Great Building above their age, and some if they negotiate the continent above them. If there is more demand for people trading down then people trading up, you get a scarcity, and rising prrices.

DeletedUser26154

(unless you build a very big cushion before moving an age so you really don't need to do this much).

I always build a gigantic cushion of goods of that particular era, before I progress to the next era.
Experienced players do that for a reason.
The era you are in, is the best era to trade for stuff of that era.
With same-era neighborhoods, it's important you produce all the goods you need, until you don't need them anymore.

images (5).jpg

More or less.

DeletedUser25166

I would not recommend making plunder your bread and butter.
What comes around goes around, and people have powerful friends and guildies.
If you really know what you are doing, that's one thing.
New players best not make enemies by the dozens.
Producing your own goods isn't that hard as long as you are efficient.
Guilds will plunder you regardless. You can AID one guy one week, and get attacked by another Guild member next week

DeletedUser26154

Guilds will plunder you regardless. You can AID one guy one week, and get attacked by another Guild member next week

@stallion119 is right.

What I do, is I send a letter of introduction to every person in the neighborhood.
It's a cut and paste letter, because after awhile it was too time-consuming to do it by hand 74 times.

Friendly letter introducing yourself and encourage trade, and say that you like to motivate and polish [if you do that].
I keep it short, about four or five sentences.
It's worked a lot, because most players here are cool and social.

But always collect your goods on time, mainly your goods.
Supplies and coins are also needed, but your goods and Forge Points are most important.
Make sure you are able to access your city, via computer or mobile device, and collect when your productions are ready.

images (8).jpg

I use the timer on my phone to make sure I'm looking at my city 2 minutes before everything is ready.

DeletedUser26154

Since a lot of people seem to swear by it.
I was bored then installed a Chateau Frontenac.

8ae4724d6ec008e872a4349d3f6174f3.png

13cdfc0d1eeb81bd2f405a49567ce6e2.png

I left some space open for contributors to get FPs, BPs and medals.
I'm going to see if I need to change my classification of the CF.
From Luxury to Necessity.

DeletedUser27062

My problem is that I don't have enough space. I have too many homes. My army is too small and I'm running out of goods too quickly. I can't progress on my research because I never have enough goods. I need to make more goods makers, but then I need more homes and more suppliers. It's a vicious circle. I'm about to delete it ALL and start over.

DeletedUser27062

This is what I have now. I'm going to take it into the planner and change a bunch around. I may just get rid of my army. I dunno.

18195012_775654455937075_3966864752798567278_n.jpg

DeletedUser26154

This is what I have now.

The more you play, the more familiar you will become with moving stuff around.
Best advise now, is go for the houses with the longest period of time between collections.
Great buildings too, for now anything except Colosseum or Notre Dame will work.
What ever blue prints come together first.

images (3).jpg

Other people will add stuff too.

Algona

Stop advancing tech, instead stockpile Goods, Supplies, and Coins. That way if you do decide to do a major remodel you will have all you need to do so.

Put your FPs into acquiring and levelling GBs. Let me know if you want advice on effective ways to do this.

You're behind the curve on GBs. You will want and need more and better GBs when you resume tech progress. St. Mark's and LoA will help with Goods as well as Coins and Supplies respectively. CoA and CdM will help you with fighting. CdM's FP are saucy as well.

Last edited:

DeletedUser27062

I'm trying, but I've been rather unlucky when it comes to acquiring blueprints.

DeletedUser26965

Just relax and have fun with it, it will all come in time. Regarding getting blueprints if you have a full friends list, which is 140, in a full guild, which is 80 and have a full neighborhood, which is 80 though sometimes can go a bit more, and you aid everyone everyday, play GE, play Treasure Hunt, invest in other people's GB's wisely and do recurring quests, you should have full sets of blueprints for every GB EMA on down plus others in no time at all.

Here's a basic EMA city I threw together real quick but remember do what you like and what you want out of the game, this is just a simple example of an all EMA city. Tag B50GJE7WDB

e6RcBeL.jpg

BwpTOAQ.jpg

You can follow that basic city layout from the beginning all the way to the end if you like, here's my city (never mind the Pod Home mortgage crisis, just folks abandoning their homes)

JCfC28J.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: