• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

About the Great Buildings

• Thread starter DeletedUser32426
  • Start date

DeletedUser32426

Do you have a Lighthouse of Alexandria or a St Marks Great Building? These buildings boost the amount of supplies and coins you can generate in your city (so you can possibly have less supply making and coin producing buildings. It will depend on your goals and the design of your city).

What age is your city?
Sorry, for taking so long a time to reply. My age of the city is Colonial. I do have the Lighthouse but not the St Marks GB.

DeletedUser32426

I won't say that Happiness cannot be a concern by around mid-game, but there seem to be ample ways to deal with the situation that might arise as a result of building a Habitat or an Inno Tower.

For example, build an Alcatraz. Not only does it produce free military units, but it also provides a staggering amount of Happiness, particularly at higher levels. And you need not have it Motivated to produce that benefit!
Thank you for the advise of Alcatraz. Military units that are free is great. The happiness ... is it permanent and does it increase as it is leveled up?

DeletedUser32426

I have an Inno and a Habitat, though I started with the Inno.
Then you are saying that it doesn't matter which I should try to get first. Now that you have both...which is more valuable to you? Why did you go ahead and construct both?

Mustapha00

Thank you for the advise of Alcatraz. Military units that are free is great. The happiness ... is it permanent and does it increase as it is leveled up?

Yes, the happiness does increase each level of Alcatraz, and it takes not all that many levels to pass 10k.

FoEWiki can provide the details.

Ta 152H

If you run into happiness problems, you can also build a Hagia, if you haven't already. It gives about the same amount of happiness as the Alcatraz per square, but gives forge points as an active reward, so is useful even to pacifists. Plus, it's easy to level, and get blueprints for. Just don't build it and leave it L3 if you do, it sucks at lower levels.