• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Aging up strategy

blueskydwg

OK, I'm sure this has been discussed - but a simple search didn't yield anything - so hoping to get some feedback from the more experienced players.
Little background: Started about 18 months ago - did the newb thing of rushing through the first couple of age tech trees.
Read stuff on here about parking and spend the last year in LMA, Colonial, and now Indy.
Built up my ARC to level 80 and my traz to level 40.
Later today I will place the last medal expansion.
Which raises the question - is it time to start moving up, and continue moving up at a somewhat controlled but steady pace.

I can think of lots of reasons to move up (age expansions, diamond expansions, being able to do GvG on more continents).

I'm looking for the arguments against moving up.

Go.

Graviton

The first argument against that comes to mind is so you can dominate your hood, the validity of which depends on your play style.

blueskydwg

The first argument against that comes to mind is so you can dominate your hood, the validity of which depends on your play style.

Yeah, I was thinking that indicators of having moved too far would be either getting trounced in the hood (no one has attacked me in months) or not being able to fight at least part way through GE lvl 4.

DeletedUser28147

The only time I move is for an event and I start just after the previous event ends so I can finish that part of the tech tree before the new one starts. I do it that way so I can have a special event building for every age.

BruteForceAttack

Yeah, I was thinking that indicators of having moved too far would be either getting trounced in the hood (no one has attacked me in months) or not being able to fight at least part way through GE lvl 4.

If you are not able to fight all the way thru GE Level-4, maybe your Attack/Defense gbs are not high enough. Parking in lower age means you can do more RQ's, resulting in more fps in your bank.

blueskydwg

If you are not able to fight all the way thru GE Level-4, maybe your Attack/Defense gbs are not high enough. Parking in lower age means you can do more RQ's, resulting in more fps in your bank.

I am able to fight through lvl 4 now, but that's because i have modern and post-modern troops (I'm currently in Indy).
I need to get TA up to at least lvl 10 and then start building the other 3 attack GBs beyond that level.

Godly Luke

If I were you, I LOVE fighting in this game, so I would get my A/D above 200% if you haven't done that already. It doesn't sound like it though if you haven't beaten level 4 with Indy troops. Just what I would do.

blueskydwg

If I were you, I LOVE fighting in this game, so I would get my A/D above 200% if you haven't done that already. It doesn't sound like it though if you haven't beaten level 4 with Indy troops. Just what I would do.

Basic A/D is 160/100 - so yeah, it would take about 40 level of Zeus/CdelM/CofA to get to 200.

qaccy

Everyone ends up camping somewhere eventually. Whether that's by force due to reaching the end of the tech tree or due to personal choice, it'll happen! I think @Algona put it best as to what you should do, really.

DeletedUser31540

I am almost at the 2-year mark ! Still in LmA ! 25 million points and growing !

Within 3 hours starting my first and only city i knew i would wanna spend the whole game in LMa and my plan remains the same

It sounds like what drew you into the game was tech progression ! If thats what you wanna do go nuts !

My philosophy is play the way you wanna play and efficiency be damned (not really though .... ahem ... play how you wanna play and try to be as efficient as you can within the confines of how you like to play ... there thats more accurate ;)

Mustapha00

I'm very skeptical if there is any overall strategery to camping out in a given Age. Much seems to depend on too many variables (style of play, FTP or PTP, Guild/No Guild, GE/No GE, etc.) for there to be definitive guidelines.

Being that this (or any other) game should be all about personal enjoyment, I'd say that whatever Age in which you derive the most personal enjoyment by playing is a good post to hang out for an indefinite period.

DreadfulCadillac

dont move up to fast.camp when neesercayyr(or ya like the age) i u are in a low age and have been playing for about a year or more and have 15 mil points or moee, idf ya want ya can start saving up everything need to jump to whatever age ya want..even diamonds from ge to buy promethium:)