• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Anniversary Event 2023 Feedback

Dursland

Oh wow didn't realize keymaster's workshop had such a huge happiness penalty. -7000+ in FE. A second will just about bankrupt me on happiness lol, but at least I have enough.

CDmark

Overall, the chests have real good prizes. Once you get the minigame down, it goes pretty fast.

I do want to take a moment and thank Inno for being concerned that my city doesn't have a Golden Crops and giving me the selection kit as an alternative a couple times, the times I hit the 2x daily special. From the heart, thanks for looking out for me....lol

But, after getting into the groove, it is actually a good event. Mooing cat got me going but that pop up from FOE helper is great. I don't have to look at the board, just map it via helper. As far as complaints concerning keys not being counted, unfortunately I haven't been able to pay attention to that detail.

One of my big blunders in the beginning, after reset, I would collect the 2X chest. Then, for some unknown reason, instead of pressing the "reset board" button, I hit the "spawner" button. I think the gem actually came out slower, took its time to land too, just to rub it in.

I know you can add 2 full keys together (4th level). Sure you can add 3rd level full keys to go from 1 to 3, understood. I thought I did it in the beginning, wasn't sure, so I tested it (with red keys). They add and you go from 2 - L4 (6 keys) to 1 - L4 (3 keys). Sometimes the game moves slow, so you think you collected, then go to the next key. But, it didn't drop and you selected another 4th level full key gem and they combine. I think you should make it so 4th level, full keys can not combine. I raise my hand to my error but there are times things move slow and I am one click ahead but the board is one click behind.

Dursland

But, it didn't drop and you selected another 4th level full key gem and they combine. I think you should make it so 4th level, full keys can not combine. I raise my hand to my error but there are times things move slow and I am one click ahead but the board is one click behind.
That happened to me too. Lag caused me to combine 2 level 4 keys. Thankfully it was fire keys so I didn't lose much, gonna have a bunch left over after the event anyway.

You're absolutely right, they should have prevented that. Losing 3 keys is crazy. I would have filed a ticket with support if it was water/wind and tried to get them back.

KeithOfTheForge

Why do I have so many red keys and so few blue keys:

1680877788398.png

I know it's RNG but this is so aggravating.

I get so many board that start like this:

1680878613996.png

This board has a potential for 3 blue keys max, that's it.

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

View attachment 20145

View attachment 20146

The red key parts spawn at a higher rate than the green or blue ones. Iirc, it's 40% red, 30% blue, 30% green. That explains what you see on the boards and partially explains the disparity between the keys in yur inventory. How you use the keys, when choosing chests, directly impacts the mix of keys in inventory. Choose wisely to keep keys in balance.

KeithOfTheForge

The red key parts spawn at a higher rate than the green or blue ones. Iirc, it's 40% red, 30% blue, 30% green. That explains what you see on the boards and partially explains the disparity between the keys in yur inventory. How you use the keys, when choosing chests, directly impacts the mix of keys in inventory. Choose wisely to keep keys in balance.
That makes sense but, that's also the problem. Nowhere in the announcement (unless I missed it) does it say some colors are rarer than others. All they had to do was put a line in that says "Beware, some color key parts spawn less frequently than other colors" or something to that affect. How many people, that aren't reading the forums, are just playing through hoping for more blue keys?

Johnny B. Goode

The red key parts spawn at a higher rate than the green or blue ones. Iirc, it's 40% red, 30% blue, 30% green. That explains what you see on the boards and partially explains the disparity between the keys in yur inventory.
You state this as if it were a fact, but nowhere does it say this. If you have proof of this, share it. A link, maybe?
That makes sense but, that's also the problem. Nowhere in the announcement (unless I missed it) does it say some colors are rarer than others. All they had to do was put a line in that says "Beware, some color key parts spawn less frequently than other colors" or something to that affect. How many people, that aren't reading the forums, are just playing through hoping for more blue keys?
You didn't miss it. It's not there. Or anywhere else in the game (or Forum, other than Pericles' statement) that I can find.

DreadfulCadillac

Oh wow didn't realize keymaster's workshop had such a huge happiness penalty. -7000+ in FE. A second will just about bankrupt me on happiness lol, but at least I have enough.
I do like that inno is FINALLY adding some balance to the happiness mechanic though! That's neat!

Johnny B. Goode

That still doesn't verify the percentages he stated. Not to mention that this link is to the Beta Forum, which means it possibly could have changed since then. My experience is that the likelihood of each color showing up depends on what colors you still have locked. For example, if you only have blue gems left, most of the ones spawned will be red or green. The times where you quickly get the color gem you need are few and far between. I have experienced this with all three colors. I have had boards with only red gems still locked, and the vast majority of gems spawned then are either blue or green. I would bet that the likelihood of red being more prevalent is only with a fresh, balanced board.

Darkest.Knight

I remember 40/30/30, fire, water, wind being stated; lol, I don't doubt my memory on this one. Can always check mooing cat if u want an explanation for the excess of fire keys. Seems clear everyone has an excess of fire keys, haven't heard any players comment on excess of water and wind keys.

Pericles the Lion

That still doesn't verify the percentages he stated. Not to mention that this link is to the Beta Forum, which means it possibly could have changed since then. My experience is that the likelihood of each color showing up depends on what colors you still have locked. For example, if you only have blue gems left, most of the ones spawned will be red or green. The times where you quickly get the color gem you need are few and far between. I have experienced this with all three colors. I have had boards with only red gems still locked, and the vast majority of gems spawned then are either blue or green. I would bet that the likelihood of red being more prevalent is only with a fresh, balanced board.
@Emberguard provided the proper link. Later in the thread @MooingCat shared empirical data with the percentages he calculated. This may not be good enough for you but that's on you.

Dursland

I have 166 water keys, 154 wind keys, and 233 fire keys. Seems what people are saying is correct, as we have similar results on keys.

Emberguard

Well if you look at the Daily Challenge keys you’ll see 40 / 40 / 20 when you go to pick your prize, with red being the least to offset the fact you get more on the board. That’s publicly visible in the game itself. Maybe it’s a different percentage from the board, maybe it isn‘t. But it’s the closest you’ll find to a official supporting percentage number on what kind of ratios are likely to be present

IMG_3375.png

CDmark

View attachment 20145

View attachment 20146

Keith here is what I have been doing. It took me a while to work out my process. I don't necessarily worry about the number of full keys I can make. Sure I want the maximum but I look more at the number of 4 gem blocks I can uncover and also full keys. Those 4 gem blocks are worth 2 progress points so I want them all uncovered. On this game you posted, it has 7 4-gem blocks. If you get only 1 red, you can unlock the 2 red ones, just looking at unlocking. I think you would also make a key too. I will save a few clips when I get the different boards so I can show the opposites in images.

What happened to me, not gonna lie, due to no experience with the event (this is why I got a beta player now), I got too involved with each game, short term, not realizing that some games will not be good, so just take what it gives, and go to the next game. Due to lack of experience, major panic set in...lol After 2 days, I finally saw what clearing a board gets you, essentially nothing of value versus the cost. After 4 days, I finally got comfortable not chasing gems, keeping it 10 per game (unless I need 1 to unlock L4 gems, there I still may chase a little).

Dursland, current stats are
G 1750 progress, 311R/187G/177B - 675 total keys 2810 energy (I did win a 500 incident)
X 1760 progress, 267R/242G/190B - 699 total keys 2260 energy

I don't know about percent key distribution but I am confortable saying, more red than blue or green, in game, the percentages are listed in daily challenge so that one is known. You can't look at my numbers and make too many conclusions because I do spend on chests that have more red keys, not even caring what special I get. I do make sure I have 27 keys ready for reset and the 2x. The key/chest mechanism is just like fall event ingredients/dessert table, just less ingredients, 3 here, 5 fall. So I use the same strategy, work my inventory down, use highest one. BUT, in G, I have a lot of Red, this will depend on what I get for key distribution and chests. I can end up with 50 extra red keys at the end, that would be a 50 progress loss. I am keeping way to much inventory to make sure I can get the 27 key chest at 2X, I know it. I am just not comfortable with a "Just in Time" inventory, good thing I am no longer running a product in manufacturing, I would get demoted or fired...LOLOL

Dursland

Dursland, current stats are
G 1750 progress, 311R/187G/177B - 675 total keys 2810 energy (I did win a 500 incident)
X 1760 progress, 267R/242G/190B - 699 total keys 2260 energy
Very good progress. I'm at 3.9k energy myself. I've mapped it out so I should use up enough per day to run out. Might run out on last day or two if incidents keep being stingy but I'm good with that.

CDmark

Very good progress. I'm at 3.9k energy myself. I've mapped it out so I should use up enough per day to run out. Might run out on last day or two if incidents keep being stingy but I'm good with that.
I mapped mine too, but I already know that I will have to buy 880 energy in each world, for sure X world. When I was in the "panic" mode, the beginning, I figured better to learn it. I really wanted to get the minigame down, just look at FOE helper, the overall snapshot, and then collect. As much as I appreciate mooingcats help, really, I think it has helped many, I had to get this minigame game down. Right now, that FOE helper is great, I don't have to look at the gems/keys, just that table that is posted. I figure this event/minigame will be here next year so it is an investment for knowledge.
This is where I saw the 880 energy for 2K, looked at soccer event, saw the inflation versus 1200. Also, then saw how one would spend it, 35K D for a 2nd one. I know Mooing had it in his video, again, panic mode, wasn't even watching that part of the video. That's when I realized that cost is aimed at diamond farmers (my opinion) "want a 2nd one, you will pay about 2X what you are used to paying". The 2X factor used for each additional reset, 160, 320,... is extreme. It actually screws P2P players even more and they are paying. The whole structure is based on time, you can't make up the lost time unless you pay A LOT.

Dursland

I'm a small-time spender, this event is too expensive for me. I will save my diamonds for Wildlife. I should get a second Phantom Tower pretty quickly, looks like I will pick up 3 kits on my way to 2nd keymaster's workshop and might end up with an extra upgrade or two too. Plus maybe the kit from Silver League, if my bonus energy is enough to get me there.

That doesn't leave a lot of kits for me to generate with keymaster's workshops, and I'm liking that it only takes 100 fragments.