• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Anniversary Event 2023 Feedback

CDmark

ok, a new minigame, no road event building with great stats, should be a good event. Thanks beta players for some tips, always appreciated.

Ebeondi Asi

Not happy to see that I've returned to a game that's even less free to play then it was before. You've gone from restricting Diamond Farming to now just flat out charging money instead of diamonds for the special extra event awards. Tis a shame to see.
The Premium level of the main prize will be available once in the main (free) line, and once in the final rewards levels of silver and gold. So any talented** free player should manage to as usual get a free premium Phantom
** in particular using most wisely the first daily doubled chest (make certain it is a Gold!!!)

Dursland

Just seen the premium prize lineup. The cobalt blue lagoon will be a nice one for those archdruid fragments.

Also just now found out Tower doesn't require road. Mind=blown.

Xenosaur

Has anyone played with mooingcat's minigame solver for the anniversary event? Is it good?

As we already discussed, this is a complex minigame, and it takes time to learn it, especially to have any chance at a FREE event building, or better than that (upgrade). Those with math-phobias or those who just want to wing it - will not achieve their goals without spending diamonds, money, or both.

If you scroll down on the page, you'll find his minigame solver. Read how to use it carefully.

The events are not casual games anymore. They can be, but you won't walk away with the prize offered if you don't study, learn, adapt and yes, get a measure of luck on top of all that.

I applaud @MooingCat for all the hard work he does here to help players.

Last edited:

Darkest.Knight

Need to be more careful playing this event, normally if I muff something up I spend diamonds to make up for it, this time, quite a lot more expensive to buy diamonds. I guess I'll try to pay more attention, lol, normally it helps.

Johnny B. Goode

As we already discussed, this is a complex minigame, and it takes time to learn it, especially to have any chance at a FREE event building, or better than that (upgrade). Those with math-phobias or those who just want to wing it - will not achieve their goals without spending diamonds, money, or both.
Honestly, if you have to have a complete guide and a list of the quests beforehand just to get a main event building without spending Diamonds/money almost every time, then this is no longer really a F2P game. Personally, I'll be skipping this event in my Diamond cities, and only playing it casually in my active cities. Sad that the excitement of new buildings is now tied to being almost a professional-level FoE player. And that's not even getting into the fact that there are now buildings you can't get without spending real money.

Xenosaur

Honestly, if you have to have a complete guide and a list of the quests beforehand just to get a main event building without spending Diamonds/money almost every time, then this is no longer really a F2P game. Personally, I'll be skipping this event in my Diamond cities, and only playing it casually in my active cities. Sad that the excitement of new buildings is now tied to being almost a professional-level FoE player. And that's not even getting into the fact that there are now buildings you can't get without spending real money.

Yeah - clearly not a origami-folded animal jumping on lily pad type of event. And the arrow of change is upon us, although not explicitly called out by the company, except for clues when Leagues achievements are included in the events. They give us a broad look at Inno's "win it for playing, no cash or diamonds" perspective.

Right now - recent league cut off points demonstrates that means: TOP 20% win it, 80% have to pony up to do so.

Some of the games savvy players gobble these up as the challenges they are, but the MENSA crowd will also do that. IT's good some of them try to help others.

I mean, just look at the mathematics, strategy and tactics Moo wrote up to navigate this thing. People's eyes are going to glaze over, make mistakes, and it's going to cost them diamonds or currency to fix any of that.
Sadly agree, the F2P bar keeps getting lifted every so much higher, leaving a lot of people to find the level they want to play, or can engage at. It's clear that working for 3 weeks on something to fall short because you made a few mistakes or won't spend to fix - can be demoralizing, and may backfire on those who are marginally holding on.

And you're correct - Many will just take a pass on events from the start, and not participate at all because yes, they are fun, but non-productively frustrating.

Last edited:

Dursland

The Key Mster's Workshop is the name of the premium prize giving fragments that can be used to build new Towers or add Phantom (or other) final level.
Cobalt Blue Lagoon is not offered.
Here:
Anniversary Prizes

Anniversary Prizes are an additional optional set of prizes which can be unlocked for an equivalent of 15$. In simple terms, they can be considered as an "extra" set of Grand Prizes, as their requirements match.

A bonus Prize of Cobalt Blue Lagoon is given at the start.

From fandom.

Just noticed the league prizes don't have fps this time around. Bummer.

Ebeondi Asi

Checked and Dursland is correct about Cobalt Blue Lagoon. Sorry I was not being careful enough checking. Thanks. Sorry I made that mistake

Dursland

Yeah I'm eager to try my luck with lagoon+BG and getting 4x fragments from each of my druid huts for 5 days.

I'm at 42/150 and would like to speed it up some more.

Pericles the Lion

Yeah I'm eager to try my luck with lagoon+BG and getting 4x fragments from each of my druid huts for 5 days.

I'm at 42/150 and would like to speed it up some more.
I know it's off topic but I have a question that you might be able to answer once you collect. The BG providers a chance of double collection. The CBL doubles the next 2 building collections (five times then it's kaput). We know that the GB and CBL bonus stacks so, if you collect your Druid Hut immediately after collecting your BG and CBL your will definitely get 2X and might get 4X. My question is does the BG's 2X double the payout of the CBL from a 2X bonus two times to a 2X bonus four times?

Dursland

I know it's off topic but I have a question that you might be able to answer once you collect. The BG providers a chance of double collection. The CBL doubles the next 2 building collections (five times then it's kaput). We know that the GB and CBL bonus stacks so, if you collect your Druid Hut immediately after collecting your BG and CBL your will definitely get 2X and might get 4X. My question is does the BG's 2X double the payout of the CBL from a 2X bonus two times to a 2X bonus four times?
I actually wondered the same thing myself. Maybe someone knows the answer.

Darkest.Knight

All of the buffs are independent and are applied to the base value, it would be nice if buffs were exponential, but just linear addition.

Orius Maximus

The potential pay to win aspects do not please me. I don't relish the idea of learning a complex event strategy for something that's only going to be up for 2-3 weeks. Nor do I like the narrow margins of error. There was nothing wrong with events where putting in the effort would award a single copy of the grand prize, while whales would buy a bunch of them if the prize was good. The added complexity with worse chances of winning isn't a good sign though. To me it says the game has entered terminal decline, and now Inno's just milking it for what cash they can over the next few years until it withers away.

Xenosaur

Getting popcorn to watch the reactions, as the event just opened today. We did try to give you all our best evaluation from beta - this is new, this can be more complex, and is tuned to give you lots of mini-event decision points, some of which will help you succeed to the prize goal, and some which will have you get dead-ended.

That's just the way it's working now, we see it first in beta. Wildlife is coming next and while you know how to play POPDROP, the math is once again cut tight.

In summary - The bar to jump over for getting it PURE FREE is incrementally going higher. There is an ongoing tacit, but understood change by the community that there are going to be fewer pure FREE event buildings for the masses.

There is still a huge sense of player entitlement - it's historic and still very active in people's game DNA here.. But change is coming, or already here. It's different now. FoE is a mature game, and customer retention is harder that "inviting them all to come see what you've done"

To prevail - you'll have to study harder, play smarter and get a bit of luck to get one. Events with leagues demonstrates now that 20% of the population gets the extra upgrade kit for the building top base levels (or in some cases, BONUS levels) , and 80% don't.

Standing on what "used to happen in growth era of FoE" (80% got a free prize, 20% didn't) because it's a player's right, is rapidly fading from accuracy.

For the new 80%, it's flipped to DIDN'T win. It now means they didn't execute their strategy as well, and they'll have to play with diamond or cash help to fix that.

Use this NEW metric as a barometer for the bifurcation of player achievement potentials in FoE today: 80 won't, 20 will - out of each 100.

Last edited:

Mor-Rioghain

I have to be honest and say that the event buildings should be available to purchase outright if the player is willing to do so. Why not? Having said that and being a supporter of F2P - just not the hostility that often accompanies the 2 sides of it - because I see a 3rd side: W2P (Willing to Pay) and I also don't see a problem one with people who want to a little of 'both' - quest and pay. Why not? We can purchase an event track when we couldn't before so why should I have to spend even more of my scarce time trying to figure out yet another crazy mini-game - every month...???? That's nuts all by itself!

I honestly used to just dread the St Patty's Day event simply because it was a life-sucking monster and it was so boring I could barely stay awake staring at that stupid boat and last but certainly not least, I rarely got the full event building. Now I'm beginning to feel the same way about every event! This one? Good grief, I've read for hours, studied strategies and I STILL can't figure out how to make the task bar go 'faster' or 'further' or whatever it's supposed to do even though I'm doing well on quests, making gems into keys, etc.

I studied hard for college and graduate school becauase that was going to afford me a better life. I shouldn't have to study as hard to play a darned game! (And YES! That makes me wonder just what on Earth the poor people who've studied and written all of these guides had to do in terms of sheer time to give to people like me who still don't get it!) That's what I'm upset about - who cares if it's something you have to money for anymore? That was bound to happen! Games are supposed to be fun and challenging, yes, but they shouldn't be so hard to manage due simply to time constraints that they not only aren't fun anymore but they feel like a job - and yeah, darnit! I want my PAYCHECK for this job! I'm willing to pay for the darned thing or at least part of it - where's my choice in that???

Xenosaur

@Sharmon the Impaler
I actually remember people in just the first few days of the Indian Palace Event opening, have multiple sets out. That was 5 years ago, and I don't think there's ever been an event that constricts or actively retards those that want to blow a wad of money on day 1 and buy the entire building, or multiple copies.

I"m pretty sure people have been doing that well before I started playing.

Ebeondi Asi

Writing about paying.. I hesitate to spend money on this event at this point It seems too much luck involvd. Like playingdual games of chance. like combining a roulette wheel spin with playing dice, and you have to win both to advance. Way to difficult.. So far it is clear the chances t to"clear teh board" are crazy vanishingly small. It takes extraordinary luck ot be able to clear a board. (But like the St Pats event.. The first year was hard. I couldn't understand why I would get stuck, the second year it was a little better. and this year, The St pats was a breeze to do technically, but still took huge amounts of time to work.
SO even though this Anniversay minigame seems implacable, I have hope i can solve it better as I learn the metarules.Though it does seem nearly impossilbe to win after one shot ot playngt the minigame. LOL

Last edited: