• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Anniversary Event 2023 Feedback

xivarmy

Can I stack up keys and go for a daily I like. For some reason, I recall having to collect a chest a day. Lots of info to digest. Game takes getting used to. Mooing puts out videos faster than I can collect keys...lol
The first chest each day is doubled. So you should open 1 chest a day for grand prize progress (1st day's open is consumed by the tutorial).

You may also want to open additional chests until you have a max value chest for tomorrow (an 18 key chest that gives 27 grand prize progress) to max out that double.

But you will have plenty of keys to save up to spend on some day that you like the special as well :) (probably make somewhere around 60-80 keys a day - and that costs 18 for the extra value chest and maybe a little more to make sure you have a good max value chest for tomorrow)

xivarmy

Are you sure the first chest of the day doubles the progress bonus too ?
Yes. It did on beta. And that first 3 key chest in the tutorial that you get 6 progress for, a 3 key chest is usually 3 progress (though a 6 key chest is the same color and normally gives 6 progress). It'll be more obvious at reset tonight when those 27 progress chests turn into 54s for one selection.

Just An Observer

The event quests were done in an hour and a half, so they were easy for me. The game took a bit of playing before I figured it all out. Once I did, it really is fun to play! It is also a "time absorber" as you do want to think through the situation as each piece brought on the board requires thought. Be sure to play the event only when the rest of your FoE is quieted down...LOL!

Looking forward to the main and secondary buildings being in my city...

Dursland

Good post xivarmy, I hadn't considered making sure I have a 27 point chest for the next day.

Luckily that's what I have up right now so I'm good for tonight.

I'm not sure why people are complaining it's too hard when there's an automated solver out there. I'm telling you, use it. lol.

CDmark

ok, my little cheat sheet for playing, so far

1) make sure you have gold chest filled to collect 2x everyday (you may get a special you don't want so use switch too)
2) free reset, from what I gather, is just clearing the board you finished the night before, do the 20, 40, 80 energy everyday, can put 10-12 gems out
(300-360 energy, 140 energy games = 440-500 per day) Note: Uber posted 150 per game, cost 590 per day.
3) Don't chase gems/keys after playing initial gems, put out what you will play each game, collect and move to next game, typically bad odds getting what you need for another key set
4) Do daily challenge everyday, better odds for wind and water keys.
5) Board completion is a longshot.

I am currently using Mooingcats helper. Still figuring out exactly what FOE helper efficiency rating means, I get red = no bueno and green is good.

OK, one important feedback, mentioned by Xero, with new minigames like this one, why not give us 5 to 10 practice games, not the arrows you do at the start, those are fine to see what to click, but a button for practice, not using energy, give us a chance to get some experience without wasting energy on bonehead mistakes.

I can't find the board completion reward, it is probably in front of my face but I don't see it.

CDmark

Question, I made the mistake of combining 2 L4 full key blue. I was clearing locked L4, got carried away, but it gave me the option to select it. It was still worth 3 keys, I am pretty sure. Is that true, combining 2 unlocked, full key, which is 6 keys when converted individually, is only 3 keys when when converted via the bonehead maneuver? I didn't see progress bcs I was in the process of making a mistake.

stymie of Suwannee

Another note on this event (or any) and information. A big shout out to Mooingcat, as I’ve always been a regurgitator of others information. Normally, I develop my own research, but super handy. But this information isn’t merely for me. Much like high school, everyone around me is gonna get a better grade, ethically. I guarantee my guildies & guild will do much than the average, by my hand and word. Always will.
PS. Not all good tips are seen or said. And always proud to beat a computer myself (and get close to very high standards).

Mor-Rioghain

This is not directed at you per se, but this is at least the second time I've seen someone say essentially that the minigame is too hard. Or perhaps more accurately, not easy enough. This has me waiting for the next Idea suggestion and the replies that whatever it is would make FoE too easy. :D

This one is pretty complex, at least at first. What I don't like is the tension I feel that I'll screw it up before I get the hang of it, and that'll be the difference between getting the fully upgraded building and not. I don't mind a complex minigame but I really don't like one that makes me anxious.
And I've not taken it that way! Thanks for that, though. Unfortunately - it's not what I intended to say and if I did - here's my retake on it. Easy or hard, Inno should be doing a bit more in the way of basic instructions and visual graphics within the game to make things a bit easier for the player who's A) just winging it by playing the game or B) the player who's read the guides but doesn't want to constantly go back and forth between game & guide in order to interpret (or reinterpret in some cases) something they've run into during the play.

I like that they've made the events more challenging but having said that when they make them so difficult that people like MooingCat (whom I admire greatly, I might add! Such hard work!) has to use a 44 minute video to explain it, wellllll, that should say something about just how 'overboard' they (Inno) might have gone in making it a bit too challenging or just complicated? IDK (His vids are generally abotu 20-25 minutes long and imho that's pretty standard since he does go into detail - not a bad deal based on some of the others I've seen!

~On the screen graphics: The whole key image and the top of the key image look virtually identical! Maybe they don't to people with excellent vision but to my 59 year-old eyes that require reading glasses, I cannot tell the difference!
~If the "cheat sheet" was meant to be Inno's answer to an in-game explanation or guide imo it's a miserabe fail. It pains me to think of how much time and money went into design and development of a new feature that would probably have been better spent just putting some text to explain some of the simple mechanics of the game such as "merge green gem L1 with green gem L1." Or maybe just use something like a "legend" that outlines what each pictogram means and looks like? That would have been far more helpful than what's there. (Yes, it's more than a bit of a pet peeve of mine but I remember when it seemed the world went to using some sort of pictogram or icon to replace words in such places as vehicle manufacturing for instance. It was maddening to look at some silohuette of something and spend what seemed like hours hunting through an owner's manual, if you were lucky enough to have one if you tended to buy newer-used cars as I did, just to find out that "A" Picture meant "B" Words). This is the US Server and English is the preferred language so what on Earth is wrong with putting good old words on there instead of little pictures?? (I'm referring to graphics related to the merging, for example, on the cheat sheet).

Thanks for the feedback on my earlier posts - they've been helpful to me and I hope to others as well. :)

PFrocco

WORST EVENT EVER !!! Inno needs to reconsider the people responsible for approving what events go into our game. Whomever approved this one is clearly mistaken. Events should be a fun addition to the game that helps us gain goodies. We shouldn't need to have an event as complicated and confusing as this EVER! Wake up Inno, this event is HORRIBLE, even worse than that stupid ship going back and forth

CDmark

Another thing I am seeing, when collecting chests, it has some similarities to the fall event and the dessert table. So, looking at the following images

Image 1 G world after 2X collection (3 keys bronze all fire, 6 keys silver all fire, 18 keys gold - 9 water, 6 wind, 3 fire), I didn't record the pre gold chest 2X collection, was busy making mistake mentioned above.

I have lots fire keys and will get lots more. I can work the inventory level down by selecting bronze or silver chests. I would take the silver chest and I assume that the key distribution will change AND the key cost per prize because in X after collection, it is 9 keys bronze, 12 keys silver and 18 keys gold. I understand the progress aspect, G world actually get less progress per key, bronze and silver both being 1.0 while X is bronze is 1.1 and silver is 1.25 (progress per key).

Image 2 X world pre gold chest 2X collection

Image 3 X world post gold chest 2X collection

Attachments

• g world 11th chests after 2x.JPG
    g world 11th chests after 2x.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 1
  • x world 11th chests before 2x.JPG
    x world 11th chests before 2x.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 1
  • x world 11th chests after 2x.JPG
    x world 11th chests after 2x.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 1

Pericles the Lion

WORST EVENT EVER !!! Inno needs to reconsider the people responsible for approving what events go into our game. Whomever approved this one is clearly mistaken. Events should be a fun addition to the game that helps us gain goodies. We shouldn't need to have an event as complicated and confusing as this EVER! Wake up Inno, this event is HORRIBLE, even worse than that stupid ship going back and forth
Actually, I kind of like it. I have cities in IA, Indy, and SAJM. The rewards include something for everyone. You didn't say why you feel that it's the "worst event ever" but my guess is that this one's mini-game makes players think a bit. As opposed to mindlessly choosing the cheapest player or cheapest origami animal.

Darkest.Knight

The event mechanics are easy enough, it's not so easy to make up for the blue water keys that I haven't been receiving. Obviously, there's at least i bug that got by them. We'll c if I eventually get them, submiited a ticket, or whether I'm just SOL.

Portia the Benevolent

I’ve been playing almost 3 years and this is by far the absolutely worst game ever. There is no way I’ll get this building. It is so ridiculously complicated. I’m losing interest in Inno. It’s not fun any more. I used to buy the $15 package but not this time because starting with the last event it became almost impossible to get the good item stuck so far off in the package unless you forked out more $$ (which I did). This time I won’t even remotely get anything so I’m not spending one cent. First time ever I’ve never paid something in an event. Good job Inno making this game as crummy as possible.

Ranger37

Defiantly something new some people don't like it I personally do like it because I do understand it I could tell how someone doesn't understand how to do it took me a few minutes to understand how it really worked the 10th anniversary was way better it reminded me of monopoly LOL

GaKOAK

The mini game isn't complicated at all, it just makes you think a little instead of blindly clicking your way across the board like so many other events. I like it and hope this mechanic returns in future events.

Completing a board is not much of a challenge most of the time and the rewards for a complete board are pretty good.

Getting a full building will be pretty easy. A second one close to full is pretty likely.

Yes I spent to get diamonds and extra energy, well worth the money IMO.

Even without spending, one full building is easy to achieve.

GaKOAK

DON'T complete the board , do 28 and move to the next and stop wasting your energy on the remaining
It depends on how many more full keys I can get. If using another 50 energy results in a few extra keys and a complete board I do it. If there aren't enough top or bottom pieces to make several level 4 keys I don't bother and move on.

Graviton

It depends on how many more full keys I can get. If using another 50 energy results in a few extra keys and a complete board I do it. If there aren't enough top or bottom pieces to make several level 4 keys I don't bother and move on.

Well sure, you're spending money on it (thank you!). For us F2Pers the better advice is not to complete the board.