• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Anniversary Event 2023 Feedback

Joppa.

I dont understand, the game says 4 locked pieces but I dont have matches for the front and back halves of the keys in the specific color I need. What gives?

Dursland

I dont understand, the game says 4 locked pieces but I dont have matches for the front and back halves of the keys in the specific color I need. What gives?
If you have locked pieces and no matches then reset the board. It's not worth trying to clear.

I saw one guy post on EN forums that he spent 300 energy trying to clear a single locked piece. I wanted to drink myself silly after reading that.

Also, I keep looking at my Keymaster's Workshop and thinking it should summon a giant Marshmallow Man in my city whenever I click on it.

Pericles the Lion

How about for each event Inno makes it obligatory to go to a link specifically teaching the mechanics and gotchas of the current event before the event unlocks for that player ? Everyone is aware and on equal footing this way and Inno won’t look like someone that doesn’t care about their customers for once. Win/win
But that would talk a lot of fun out of reading posts from players that can't be bothered to do a bit of homework in preparation for the event. "Wing it then Whine" seems to be a popular, but not very wise, strategy.

Pericles the Lion

Each day, the Key Master's Workshop provides 2 fragments of a Tower of Conjunction Selection Kit. Does anyone know how many frags are needed for a complete Selection Kit? Thanks.

Dursland

Each day, the Key Master's Workshop provides 2 fragments of a Tower of Conjunction Selection Kit. Does anyone know how many frags are needed for a complete Selection Kit? Thanks.
Yep 100 like Johnny said.

That's why mooingcat says 2 keymaster's workshops gets you a tower every 275 days.

275 x 4 = 1100 frags = 11 kits.

Dursland

Red dot 23 and will have 2 Phantoms , 4 KeyMasters and making about 4 full Phantoms per year with my BG. This event is very F2P unfriendly, what is Inno trying to achieve ?
More revenue, but it's going to backfire on them. They are making paying players quit, instead of getting the free ones to pony up.

On topic: still waiting for MR kit as switch. If I don't get it then all keys will be wasted on some lousy special as nothing else in this event is worth building. Except maybe Olympic Treasury but I don't want that. 4x5 is a bad fit for my city and I am focused on two-way buildings now.

If it's attack only then it'd better be spectacular, like Eagle Mountain or Archdruid Hut. Everything else lesser will get replaced eventually.

stymie of Suwannee

I’ve got nice pinch, but last year was better to Cirgard. I’m optimistic about these numbers and start swapping them out with some Sakuras, saving for a far flung age.

Attachments

• 3C76CC18-0BF2-414C-93CB-3383388C1967.jpeg
    3C76CC18-0BF2-414C-93CB-3383388C1967.jpeg
    384.9 KB · Views: 1

Goth Almighty

If you're looking for a guide google mooingcat foe anniversary and it'll show up.

ty. I've seen it. A little too much to take in, since I've got some experience already and just need answers to a couple of questions, if I can put them together.

Firstly, I understand there are two types of glassed-in pieces of a matching color and size a top portion of a key and a bottom portion. (There may be an unequal number of the different types). Secondly, the spawned pieces are of neither type (top or bottom). So, to create a fully merged key, you have to merge at least one spawned piece with at least two (a top and a bottom key portion) glassed-in pieces. You can also merge two spawned pieces, which creates a higher level (?) or bigger spawned piece. And you can merge two fully merged keys, to create a higher level fully merged key. Right, so far?

Two questions:
1) Should you convert a new fully merged key right away? Or, should you try to keep merging fully merged keys with other fully merged keys (or partial keys or spawned pieces) until you've unlocked all the keys on the board and are ready to reset. And, is it at that point that you should convert all the fully merged keys that you've created? In other words, the converter says "The higher the level of the piece, the more keys you will gain." That seems to me to be saying keep merging until you can't merge any more and then convert all your keys at the end before you reset the board, eh?
2) Is there a strategy involving the chests? Isn't it best to open all the chests at once, at the end, before you reset the board?

Johnny B. Goode

ty. I've seen it. A little too much to take in, since I've got some experience already and just need answers to a couple of questions, if I can put them together.

Firstly, I understand there are two types of glassed-in pieces of a matching color and size a top portion of a key and a bottom portion. (There may be an unequal number of the different types). Secondly, the spawned pieces are of neither type (top or bottom). So, to create a fully merged key, you have to merge at least one spawned piece with at least two (a top and a bottom key portion) glassed-in pieces. You can also merge two spawned pieces, which creates a higher level (?) or bigger spawned piece. And you can merge two fully merged keys, to create a higher level fully merged key. Right, so far?

Two questions:
1) Should you convert a new fully merged key right away? Or, should you try to keep merging fully merged keys with other fully merged keys (or partial keys or spawned pieces) until you've unlocked all the keys on the board and are ready to reset. And, is it at that point that you should convert all the fully merged keys that you've created? In other words, the converter says "The higher the level of the piece, the more keys you will gain." That seems to me to be saying keep merging until you can't merge any more and then convert all your keys at the end before you reset the board, eh?
2) Is there a strategy involving the chests? Isn't it best to open all the chests at once, at the end, before you reset the board?
A) You can convert a fully merged piece immediately, but make sure it's at level 4 (the largest size) because that's worth 3 keys and any other size is only worth 1 key.
B) There's no benefit to waiting until the whole board is unlocked.
C) There are unequal numbers of the top and bottom pieces, so not all glassed-in pieces will end up being converted.
D) Merge full pieces that are less than level 4 with spawned pieces to get to level 4.
E) When you see that all glassed-in pieces are all the same (all top or all bottom), you can then merge smaller fully merged keys with them to create level 4 pieces.
F) Every glassed-in piece that you unlock gives you progress on the Grand Prize bar.
G) Finally, the best course with opening chests is to open the bottom chest first every day, because the progress on the Grand Prize bar from the first chest opened is doubled, as is the accompanying chest prize. To maximize the progress of this chest, you should make sure that you end each day with the bottom chest being worth 27 progress. Do this by opening lower value chests, preferably the top one, until the bottom chest is worth 27, then stop until after it resets.

Goth Almighty

A) You can convert a fully merged piece immediately, but make sure it's at level 4 (the largest size) because that's worth 3 keys and any other size is only worth 1 key.
B) There's no benefit to waiting until the whole board is unlocked.
C) There are unequal numbers of the top and bottom pieces, so not all glassed-in pieces will end up being converted.
D) Merge full pieces that are less than level 4 with spawned pieces to get to level 4.
E) When you see that all glassed-in pieces are all the same (all top or all bottom), you can then merge smaller fully merged keys with them to create level 4 pieces.
F) Every glassed-in piece that you unlock gives you progress on the Grand Prize bar.
G) Finally, the best course with opening chests is to open the bottom chest first every day, because the progress on the Grand Prize bar from the first chest opened is doubled, as is the accompanying chest prize. To maximize the progress of this chest, you should make sure that you end each day with the bottom chest being worth 27 progress. Do this by opening lower value chests, preferably the top one, until the bottom chest is worth 27, then stop until after it resets.
Thanks. I'll be thinking and analyzing this until I understand it perfectly.

Emberguard

How can you tell what the piece's level is?
By the image

New_Canvas.jpeg