• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Anniversary Event 2023 Feedback

honey55

I hope you're right. I still haven't finished it. It seems so many have. Makes me feel like I've done some thing wrong. I'm doing 4 10s and opening one chest a day. I guess we'll see.
No diamonds are needed to get the Phantom Tower, just sensible play of the mini-game. I have it built in 4 of my 5 cities and it's in the inventory of the fifth. Energy and keys in reserve with 2 days remaining. Didn't need the last upgrade from the questline.

Pericles the Lion

I hope you're right. I still haven't finished it. It seems so many have. Makes me feel like I've done some thing wrong. I'm doing 4 10s and opening one chest a day. I guess we'll see.
If you are only opening one chest daily, then you should have a lot of keys stockpiled. Just don't forget to convert these keys into chests before the event ends. The keys will convert into a lot of progress. Good luck!

honey55

If you are only opening one chest daily, then you should have a lot of keys stockpiled. Just don't forget to convert these keys into chests before the event ends. The keys will convert into a lot of progress. Good luck!
I've bought chests on 2 days., trying to keep my keys balanced. I guess i wasn't clear. I do have keys cause it's been a number of days now

Dursland

I've bought chests on 2 days., trying to keep my keys balanced. I guess i wasn't clear. I do have keys cause it's been a number of days now
You are better off opening all gold chests for maximum progress rather than balancing your keys.

You can see Uberhelp1's post on that a page or two back.

He went for key balancing and I went for gold chests, I got more progress than he did.

The only time I went for a chest to balance keys was when there was no 27 pointer available and a chest needed fire keys only.

Dursland

I may make the F2P cutoff in the nick of time !
I'm tempted to spend diamonds myself. I'll get to lv 2 keymaster without but lv 3 gives a tower fragment and I'd only need 500 more progress. Means I'd have to do a 5th board everyday rest of event and might just barely make it. That will cost me 4k diamonds.

Still debating it, and waiting to see where I end up tonight after bonus chest + gems unlocked. Keymaster's atk stat, fps, and goods increases nicely with another level as well.

Third keymaster that is, have two at level 4. If you make 4000 progress you should spend the $15, it is worth it. They are awesome buildings even without the tower fragments.

DreadfulCadillac

1681622878484.png
No diamonds spent so far, only thing I've done is I did pay for the event pass. Still, this event's been absolutely incredible. W/ the Gold chests, i've gotten so many daily specials it's almost unfathomable. Actually amazing event

Dursland

I got Mt Reserve kit to swap in again, won two of them. Now I'll have 4 kits going into Wildlife, maybe get a couple more Eagle Mountains there.

At 5,329 progress so next keymaster's upgrade is all but guaranteed. I'm actually eyeing 6000 right now, which seems within reach. It will depend on how many keys I get, and how much progress from unlocking gems.

Dursland

It seems like the cost estimate for a second Phantom Tower was a bit overblown?

I'm on track to spend 6000 diamonds to get to 6000 progress, which is a second tower - between all the upgrades and kits you get on the way.

I got 1500 bonus energy, which is another 4000 diamonds worth.

Which means I got a 2nd Phantom Tower for 10,000 diamonds basically. That's less than a third of the estimates that were thrown around.

QuickBen2002

I ended up at 5177 progress with 2 green and 20 red keys I can't use. Im actually in gold league atm but expect to end in silver once the US wakes up. No diamonds or money spent.

Dursland

I dunno. It's persistent on PC
It's disappeared for me before on PC. Not sure what causes that.

I'm down to the wire on this event. Still need 227 progress for final keymaster upgrade and second Phantom.

Can do 4 boards tonight with the energy I have and I hope that + opening chests gets me there. Nail biter for sure but isn't that part of what makes an event fun? :)

Dursland

I think I broke the spawner, no red gems. First time after all the boards I played.
Very nice, looks like lots of water/wind on locked gems too! That must have been a keys jackpot.

Nice Sharmon, only 3 keymasters for me. Gotta finish the last one tonight, have 710 energy left for 4 more boards.

Dursland

I hope your last kit isn't more than two panels away.
Luckily it's the next panel. 223 progress needed. I should make it.

Yes SoAs will be the first to go in my city when I need to add another Phantom. Currently have 12 SoAs so that's room for 6 Phantom Towers, plus gaining 11 tiles per tower (not counting road gains).

Next daily is Finish Special Production. I was tempted for a minute to swap out for Mt. Reserve kit, but I realized the Finish Special can give me additional Archdruid fragments so I'm going with that rather than a 19/20 chance of getting a bad special on swap.