• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Annoying Dish Drop in Tavern

alton of mesq

First, if this has been covered already, I apologise. I couldnt find it. My question -- There is that annoying drop of the collection dish in the Tavern. Why can this not be fixed so it just appears and stays in place? Why is it necessary to chase it, and/or sit longer and wait for it to settle before collecting. Yes, I know it's just a couple seconds wait, but when you play all 30 worlds, every second amounts to extra unproductive minutes each day.
Additionally, the new intro screen adds more time to the waiting list. Is there no way to make the screen opening "choosable" (IE= let ME pick the screen I want to see first because maybe I dont care what bonus is active, and I want to collect and move on) These are just petty annoyances that could be fixed. I know you guys try to make the game more fun or more pretty for us players, but some of the stuff you add is either redundant or unnecessary splashes. Thanks.

Mor-Rioghain

Hmmm, I have no idea what the 'dish drop' is - I just collected a tavern after reading your question and it seemed to be fixed. Does that happen when the plate is full of coins or is just every time you collect? It may have to do with your cache or something - not sure. Just wondered if you had problems regardless of the fullness of your tavern (I'm not sure why, just seemed like an emptier platter might 'rattle around' a bit? Trying to make it more 'realistic?' lol)

I agree that the intro screen is quite annoying. I'd rather it open in the tavern itself as it used to but I doubt they'd actually change that. I'd wondered if it were just on the browser version that I generally play or if it was also changed in the mobile app which I haven't really payed attention to tbh.

alton of mesq

It has always done this ( at least on PC) When the screen opens, the dish is in one place, so you move your mouse to the collect button, and before you can click on it, it drops down a few mm, and you have to click a second time on the new spot. I mean, it isnt a major deal, but it is a little annoying when you're trying to get past the piddly stuff and get to the game proper. Added up over 30 worlds, and the extra few seconds on each, these things add up to a lot more time spent un-necessarily, than you would think. Added to all the other splash screens you have to eliminate in other parts of the game, just wasted data on my data plan. Like, why do I need to see my avatar picture drop down each time I win a battle in GE? Just redundant stuff that annoys people with my particular mental affliction. And wastes my data that would otherwise be spent on productive game play.

Dursland

I've never experienced this. Have you tried FoE from a different computer with unlimited internet to see if it does the same thing? Like at a public library or internet cafe.

As for the avatars and other data, most of it is cached so they are showing you what you've already loaded and are using little to no additional data.

Johnny B. Goode

He's talking about the collection button. When the window opens the collection button is in one place and it immediately drops to another position. You either have to be lightning quick to click it the instant the window opens, or wait for it to finish dropping into place. Mildly annoying before the boost window became default, now much more so.

Ebeondi Asi

I am not sure how I survived three years playing every day many times a day on three worlds opening taverns.. And I had to go check, Yes, the thing drops. I think I will now need psychotherapy to get over it dropping. :eek:
Maybe not. ;)

If I had to list it in a list of important problems in Foe that should be fixed.. This problem would end up down around 85,200,481,989,722,004,118,846,277,846,928,792,352,453,757 from the top of the list.

Last edited:

Mor-Rioghain

Does anyone remember the old term "going snipe hunting?" (Not the definition snipe has come to mean in this game).

I'm starting to feel like we all just got invited to go snipe hunting o_O , after all didn't most (all?) of us at least go look in our taverns to see if the dish "dropped" ... ??

Johnny B. Goode

Does anyone remember the old term "going snipe hunting?" (Not the definition snipe has come to mean in this game).

I'm starting to feel like we all just got invited to go snipe hunting o_O , after all didn't most (all?) of us at least go look in our taverns to see if the dish "dropped" ... ??
Not only that, but I checked when the boost had not been activated and when it already had. It still drops both ways, but the animation is much quicker than it used to be, and the drop is not as large. It doesn't start as high up as it used to. I also figured out why it does it. The tray takes a split second to appear, which isn't noticeable if you aren't paying attention. It must be because the server has to check which tray level has been reached each time. Probably does not do it if you've already been in the Tavern and haven't left your city.

alton of mesq

Interesting commentary. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to have noticed, but as I said, it is just a minor irritation amongst a short list of other irritations. Like-- other stuff pops up and doesnt move around, so why??===== yeah. It only happens ONCE when you initially open the tavern collection box, it wont repeat until the next day. Thanks to my friend with the video, but repeating the process multiple times will not get that drop.
Disclaimer-- I wasn't trying to start an opinion war here. I just like to talk about stuff that others haven't commented on before. And this was one. Remember it's supposed to be a discussion, If it doesn't happen to you, then you have less to stress about, even though this isn't much of a stresser. Thanks for the responses.

Angry.Blanket

Interesting commentary. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to have noticed, but as I said, it is just a minor irritation amongst a short list of other irritations. Like-- other stuff pops up and doesnt move around, so why??===== yeah. It only happens ONCE when you initially open the tavern collection box, it wont repeat until the next day. Thanks to my friend with the video, but repeating the process multiple times will not get that drop.
Disclaimer-- I wasn't trying to start an opinion war here. I just like to talk about stuff that others haven't commented on before. And this was one. Remember it's supposed to be a discussion, If it doesn't happen to you, then you have less to stress about, even though this isn't much of a stresser. Thanks for the responses.
I have never seen it, I have been watching for it since this topic, I have 3 cities, I have been watching every morning when I first log on, and every other time I check the tavern, There was one time I though I may have seen a slight movement. One thing to consider, I see very little lag in the game ever, and when I do it is usually my computer has decided to do other chores in the back ground. I hear players complaining about how much the game lags and I hardly ever see it. My luck it means the game is broke for me and everyone else is getting features I am not :(

Dominator - X

First, if this has been covered already, I apologise. I couldnt find it. My question -- There is that annoying drop of the collection dish in the Tavern. Why can this not be fixed so it just appears and stays in place? Why is it necessary to chase it, and/or sit longer and wait for it to settle before collecting. Yes, I know it's just a couple seconds wait, but when you play all 30 worlds, every second amounts to extra unproductive minutes each day.
Additionally, the new intro screen adds more time to the waiting list. Is there no way to make the screen opening "choosable" (IE= let ME pick the screen I want to see first because maybe I dont care what bonus is active, and I want to collect and move on) These are just petty annoyances that could be fixed. I know you guys try to make the game more fun or more pretty for us players, but some of the stuff you add is either redundant or unnecessary splashes. Thanks.
I think you are either dealing with high latency or an outdated or unupdated computer and or OS.