• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Anti plunder potion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser33179

So, 1st it was...

It can be interpreted any way Inno wants. Perhaps they wold say it effect plundering in such a small way it doesn't violate the list. I mean if you use it and don't get attacked then how did it effect plundering?

(By the way, if you use it and do get attacked, then it does effect plundering)

Then only 8 minutes later it was...

[QUOTE="commanderstinkfoot, post: 211187, member: 35475"]It doesn't alter it or delete it or limit it. It lets you make 1 building you normally could not motivate be motivated for a period of time. Exactly what a self motivation kit does.

So not knowing if the building you plan on plundering is protected make the game less interesting? That deciding when and what to use one of the few potions you have on makes the game less interesting?[/QUOTE]

You can't have both definitions/arguments about the purpose of the anti-plunder potion, as they're mutually exclusive. Pick one & try to stay with it if you can.

So it's a extra special, very shiny, super duper self-motivation kit for buildings that Inno purposefully decides in design not to allow to be motivated? Which is the exact same thing as a... "anti-plunder" (against plundering) potion.

The DNSL is not the fault of nefarious forumites looking to irriate others. Inno alone dictated it. All of it. So folks can rage in forum all they want about plundering (& occasionally offer up all sorts of ideas - good, bad & otherwise - to change it). But, Inno doesn't want to hear about any of it via formal proposals.

DeletedUser33179

For some perspective, here's exactly what Inno's done regarding buildings providing products ( that is, coins, supplies, goods, FP) in events this year. (Note: if can be motivated then I've designated as 'No plundering' & if can't be motivated then i used 'plunderable').

1. ForgeBowl unique buildings
- Pillar of Heroes, most valuable prize ... no plundering
- Athlete Living Quarters ... No plundering
- Arena of Victors ... Plunderable

2. Carnival Event unique buildings
- Grand Bridge, most valuable prize... No plundering
- Gondola Dock Market... Plunderable
- Renaissance Mansion... Plunderable

3. Spring Event unique buildings
- zen zone, gong of wisdom, & emperors entrance... Plunderable
Importantly, all 5 pieces are needed to provide each piece of set their max outputs. When done, the 2 remaining pieces not mentioned above provide attack bonus and defensive bonus. If those 2 bonus sections are level 2, defensive bonus is greater than offensive.

4. Napolean QuestLine unique building
- Royal marble gateway... No plundering

5. Cleopatra Questline Unique building
- obelisk garden... No plundering

6. Vincent Van Gogh questline unique building
- magnum opus... Plunderable

7. Sacajawea questline unique building
- menagerie... No plundering

And the upcoming Summer event main, most valuable building can't be plundered

There are 8 other past event product-giving buildings offered as prizes is this year's events:
SOK, SOI, SOA, wishing well, winners plaza, renaissance villa, & masquerade ball
Only the last one is plunderable.

As you can see, Inno allowed protection for 3 of the 4 Historical questline buildings. And 2 of the 3 big event main valuable buildings. The 3rd one has attack AND defense bonuses as outline. It could have chosen any past event buildings for supplemental prizes. It decided to have only 1 of the 8 be plunderable ones.

Objectively, it certainly appears that Inno already pays attention to balancing plunder vs non-plunder buildings, with the majority & the most valued ones being non-plunder. This is exceedingly generous for an online MMO city building game. You folks can't have it all - plundering has always been part of the game. Plundering doesn't need to be limited further than it already stands. Just continue to kearn all the aspects of the game & you'll do quite well.

Salsuero

I mean if you use it and don't get attacked then how did it effect plundering?

The suggestion of adding this item to the game wasn't for people who don't get plundered. It is very ignorant to suggest that this would be used by people who don't get plundered, but NOT by those who do. This item was suggested specifically to prevent buildings from getting plundered. If you get plundered daily by a player, you use this item and all of a sudden your "good" building can't be plundered. Ok. But, that's a change to plundering. The player who plunders you daily can't get what he wants from you. So... you've changed the plunderer's game.

DeletedUser35475

I never mentioned anything about the city shield, and I do not care about debating over the city shield. Stop derailing from my comment. I'm saying that your use of a hypothetical small example in the last sentence to make the assertion that plundering in general wouldn't be affected is ludicrous.

Just because it isn't what you want to hear doesn't mean the conversation is derailed. All you need to do is answer Did City Shield change plundering.

As far as a small example you seem to think that allowing a single building to be safe from plunder is some sort of huge change to the plunder system because someone somewhere might choose to attack, win and decide to plunder that exact building.

A boost to make a building immune is no different than using a self motivation kit except it could be used on any building.

DeletedUser35475

Which limits plundering. You have taken a building that could not be motivated to protect from plundering, and now made it unplunderable because of this potion.

That is your interpretation. Mine is it is exactly like a self motivation kit, which when used on a building protects it from plunder. The only interpretation that matters is Inno. Since they have added items that do change plunder it seems that offering suggestions that make the game more interesting is something that should be done. Maybe they will decide one is worth adding or maybe they will just say no.

DeletedUser35475

No, it wasn't effected (brought about) but it was affected (changed) by the City Shield. Are you actually arguing that the City Shield has nothing to do with plundering?

I'm out.

No but i will argue that you aren't my grammar teacher and since you seemed to understand what I said it is really moot whether I chose the proper word.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34800

The real point is this: this entire debate is pointless.

This will never be moved back into proposals, will never be voted on, and will never be shown to the actual games devs. Why? Because it's on the DNSL to suggest anything that happens to do with plundering. Ever. At all. The devs don't want to hear about it. They will change plundering at their own discretion, add in or remove items/features/whatever, that they want to, when they want to.

So, really, this is just an incredible waste of time here.

DeletedUser35475

They will change plundering at their own discretion, add in or remove items/features/whatever, that they want to, when they want to.

You are correct but it doesn't hurt to keep making suggestions. After all it doesn't matter who actually suggests it. If they like an idea they may just use it.

DeletedUser34800

Actually, it does hurt to keep suggesting ideas, good or bad, constantly. It is the reason the devs have the DNSL at all. They are sick and tired of people talking about plundering. Whining about it, being upset, suggesting ways to change and alter it (good or bad).

Inno made plundering the way they want it and they will change it when and how they want to.

Continuing to hound the devs about it is a great way to get them to never read any ideas about it ever.

Oh wait....that's exactly what happened.....and why it's on the DNSL....

DeletedUser35712

Just because it isn't what you want to hear doesn't mean the conversation is derailed. All you need to do is answer Did City Shield change plundering.

As far as a small example you seem to think that allowing a single building to be safe from plunder is some sort of huge change to the plunder system because someone somewhere might choose to attack, win and decide to plunder that exact building.

A boost to make a building immune is no different than using a self motivation kit except it could be used on any building.

But I wasn't discussing about whether the City Shield changed plundering or not, so you did derail from what I was saying. Obviously the city shield affects plundering. I was just pointing out that you using a small hypothetical example of the anti-plunder potion not being used to its fullest potential as evidence that plundering wouldn't change is not rational or logical to argue, as it fails to notice the effects of scaling up.

Allowing a single building to be safe from plunder, with each player able to do so, scales up to tens of buildings that were once plunderable to being safe from plunder which drastically changes plundering.

Self-motivation kits are different from an anti-plunder kit in that the primary reason why they are used is to double the effects of a building.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35475

Actually, it does hurt to keep suggesting ideas, good or bad, constantly.

All of your extensive game design, development and testing taught you that?

In an evolving game ideas are always welcome. Whether they are good or bad is up to the designers and no one else.

DeletedUser35712

Really? So when you use one that building can still be plundered?
I said primary, my dude. Of course you could use it to stop plundering and other things, but people look at the self-aid kits as a way to boost up their buildings. Really? Learn to read between the lines.

DeletedUser35475

I said primary, my dude. Of course you could use it to stop plundering and other things, but people look at the self-aid kits as a way to boost up their buildings. Really? Learn to read between the lines.

I can read between the lines. I can't read between your ears. You cannot plunder a motivated building. So I suppose Inno doesn't mind allowing plunder to be stopped. Whether or not the kit does anything else is irrelevant. So how is an anti-plunder potion or boost or whatever you want to call it any different regarding plunder? If it increased the output of the building it was played on make it better for you?

DeletedUser34800

All of your extensive game design, development and testing taught you that?

In an evolving game ideas are always welcome. Whether they are good or bad is up to the designers and no one else.

Correct. All my extensive experience in game design, coding, graphic design, web design, undercover ops, hacking government databases....you know.

Anyways, this thread is a joke. The original idea was intended to limit plundering, and after it's been edited, it's still all about limiting plundering. Which is on the DNSL.

You can argue all you want, twist words, whatever floats your boat. It doesn't matter. The devs aren't going to read this joke of a thread, and they aren't going to take plundering suggestions from this forum because they don't care or want to.

Aside from those facts, this idea is absolutely terrible. ITS JUST A RESKINNED SELF MOTIVATION KIT. if the devs wanted an idea like this lame potion, all they would have to do is ALLOW SPECIAL BUILDINGS (that can't be motivated) OR GOODS BUILDINGS TO BE MOTIVATED.

See? That's how bad this idea is. It's just a lame idea to limit plundering via a reskinned motivation kit. Bad and unoriginal.

DeletedUser35712

I can read between the lines. I can't read between your ears. You cannot plunder a motivated building. So I suppose Inno doesn't mind allowing plunder to be stopped. Whether or not the kit does anything else is irrelevant. So how is an anti-plunder potion or boost or whatever you want to call it any different regarding plunder? If it increased the output of the building it was played on make it better for you?
If you can read between the lines, then you would know that I implied there are also other uses to a self-aid kit other than to prevent it being plundered. Oh well, you can put words into my mouth and say that I said motivated buildings can be plundered. All you're trying to do is make a fallacious strawman out of my arguments and use red herrings to move away from what I was talking about.

I don't care about supporting this proposal or not. I just expose your flawed reasoning.

DeletedUser35475

Correct. All my extensive experience in game design, coding, graphic design, web design, undercover ops, hacking government databases....you know.

Guess that makes you an expert or something. I'm surprised Inno has scooped you up what with all your valuable insight and experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.