• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Antiques Dealer

RowMayo

I’ve been playing FOE for almost 6 year. I was very excited with the release of the AD. I was extremely active in it, but not so much any more. I had mentioned this a few years back, before the AD, how nice it would be to have a store where we could go buy (I stress this).. ANYTHING from past events. A place that accepts diamonds, coins, supplies, medals and now AD currency and maybe even goods! But only 1 payment option per purchase, but the player can choose which option!

When I do FINALLY see something that I want in the AD that is up for Auction, I don’t even play “lowest bid”…. I will put 150,000 AD coins down immediatly. I don’t have time to waste on it. I have almost 1 million coins and 6000 jewels. It isn’t even fun anymore because there is always so much junk (my opinion,which I’m allowed to have) up for auction. Most of the time I only go in to see what is for sale immediatel. I don’t even mess with the auction much.

For us older players, I think a General Store would be good!
Any thoughts?

Ebeondi Asi

Part of the game is the challenge to not allow needed items to get out of stock. And making sure to gain a bunch when available. Ithink it would ruin part of the 'fun' of having to be aware of one's stocks of One Up and Reno and Store Building and all the timer boosts etc. Plus the thrill of actually getting a good kit part on the shelves! or even see it in the auction going for 200,000+ Also it would make it too easy to not finish a Event, and just grab a part in the store. (too Easy?).
So I am against the idea, if only to keep the Antiques Dealer exciting, annoying, and never dull. (to some of us!)
I m for 'retiring' bits added to the Auction that no one is buying. But the new additions to the auctions should help with that.

RowMayo

I stressed…. ANYTHING from past events. This doesn’t include One up or Reno’s or the timer boosts. I’m talking more about the specific event building items. As far as offering the newest or current items… Inno would obviously ask a premium for these items…. So much so that it should/would super exceed the amount of diamonds needed to purchase a current event currency pack! So it would be smarter for a player to want to finish the event log while still buying Diamond pack.

An idea would be to keep, let’s say, the 4 most recent event items at a premium. Then drop the price down a little bit with each passing new event. We all know that Inno makes the next event building slightly better then the previous, so eventually the building will get to a bottom line price. Once it reaches this point, offer it in the auction for a low low starting bid, for those that like the auction!

Agent327

You can get the event buildings by playing the event. Spend diamonds during the event, you raise your chance and can even get more. There should not be an easy way for players to get buildings from events they never played. Asking a premium for it would not change a thing. Just look at the Castle System. Players had it maxed out on day one.There is plenty in the game you can get for money. Let's keep it that way. You should not be able to buy everything. Play for it if you want it.

..Boudica..

For us older players, I think a General Store would be good!
Any thoughts?

When the AD first appeared and I finished griping about another upgrade I didn't mind it being there. Like the advent of GbG or Windows-based computing I resisted the push forward as long as I could. I'm so old school im pre-school ;[*)

At any rate, I hate auction style buying, bidding, waiting, peeking, waging war, losing in the last .02 seconds. I didn't have a bank yet so I couldn't shop the shelves. If there was something I wanted it was frustrating but otherwise, didn't phase me. Then a guildmate suggested I sell everything I picked-up or won in GE but wasn't using to the AD every day for a month. I did it and I've gotta say, having a healthy bank makes the AD more tenable, that's for sure. But, truth be told, auction buying is still a pain. I win a fair number of times but I hate being leashed to the game for 2 hours. More often than not I forget all about it and cringe every time I'm beat out by a 1+ bid I never saw grrr but anyway I still prefer the AD to a general store bc then it becomes a collecting game versus one of skill. Hear me out;

I've been FoEing several years as well, but in your General Store model a total noob that started a month ago and saved all their FPs or coins or whatever GS-currancy you allow for, now has the same access to the L10 Fiore Village and the +28% Attack boost that I earned. Multiply that by a gabillion and you'll start to see what I mean, right?

Diamonds already kind-of allow for that, a P2P° account is pretty easy to spot but then I don't see a lot of that in the circles I move in, so I can overlook it. Usually.

Last edited:

Darkest.Knight

It so rare to c something to bid on these days, but when I do I quit messing around and just post in 1 of those ridiculous bids. Get almost everything I bid on, may not be often but I usually get what I'm after.

Almost all my coin comes from selling crap I get from the expedition, but I sell everything I get. St. Pat's event has been pretty good for extras to sell, I bought a couple of box sets.

In general, the market has been more than generous; I just don't collect enough diamonds to earn extra buildings during the events, but I've been able to complete duplicates purchasing upgrades. For myself the market has made a huge difference.

El Frederico

On another issue, anybody see the 2 day check box in the Antique dealer exchange area? Can’t seem to find any information on when it will be activated. Thanks

CDmark

There is nothing wrong with the antique dealer. Sell what you dont like in inventory, buy what you can. Buy what can not buy normally. It is fine the way it is.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Yup
Totally random pick though. We should at least get better odds, like "BP for either Arc, FI or Colleseum.

It's always a Colleseum print anyway...grumble
Not quite random, since the prints offered are always your era or earlier. So what you state only works if you are in SAAV or above. I understood what you really meant, but some that read here might not.

..Boudica..

Not quite random, since the prints offered are always your era or earlier. So what you state only works if you are in SAAV or above. I understood what you really meant, but some that read here might not.
I keep forgetting about the semantics in here :)

I meant random in the sense that you're buying blind. Don't know what print it is until you pay for it, is all.