• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Arc Locking

DeletedUser27848

I am in several Arc FP swap groups. We are trying to work out how to lock the top reward spots.

Lets say we have 3 players and buddy has a level 10 Arc, which needs 995 FPs. I can't figure out how many FPs each player would have to contribute to lock first, second, third?

ODragon

(Total needed - 50)/3

This will be the total needed is split exactly by 3 people. We find it easier to add 2 to the person taking 1 and subtract 2 from the person taking 3rd.

(995-50)/3 = 315 Each

1st: 317
2nd: 315
3rd: 313

We subtract the 50 so there is cheap spots for 4 and 5 for guild members trying to get cheap BPs.

Algona

On an empty GB, half rounded up for first. Once first is locked, half rounded up of the remainder for second. Once second is locked, half of the remainder rounded up for third.

On a 1000 FP GB first locks with 500, then second with 250, then third with 125.

To lock the highest position availanle on a GB no matter the situation use this forumla.

FP Needed = ( Total FP Needed for GB - Total Donated + Amount Already Donated to Position Wanted - Amount You Already Donated ) / 2 Rounded up.

1000 FP GB First is already locked with 500, second has donated 100, someone else has donated 50.you want second and have donated 10.

FP Needed = (1000 - 660 + 100 - 10 ) / 2 = 215 more FP needed to lock second.

Last edited:

*Arturis*

I am in several Arc FP swap groups. We are trying to work out how to lock the top reward spots.

Lets say we have 3 players and buddy has a level 10 Arc, which needs 995 FPs. I can't figure out how many FPs each player would have to contribute to lock first, second, third?
1st=1/2x996=498
2nd=1/4x996=249
3rd=1/8x996=125 (124 to be exact)

DeletedUser27848

Alright, top down is easy.

Now I have another question. Eg: I have a Lvl 12 Arc 0/1,045 FPs.

Let's say I wanted to self-level until xxx FPs are on it, then call on a level 80 Arc to lock #1. How many FPs would I need to get to when I'm going from the bottom up?
I see these cats constantly saying of yeah put xx on it, then we'll jump in on the top spot, top 2, top 3 etc...

DeletedUser27848

Oh wait a sec', just was re-reading the posts and Algona has spelled it out clearly!

Thanks Big Guy, will work on that!!

DeletedUser16522

All that needs to be done in short time! There are people out there looking to take advantage that can dump 100 to 200 FP on a GB to grab any slot. I have had this happen a lot since FOE opened up the hoods to donate to any GB in the hood! We call them snipers. They are only after 1st slot too. So taking 5 or 7 days to get the FPs donated could get your 1st slot sniped! This has happen to me! On 2 different GB leveling groups of 6 players each! Seems to happen more when GB requires 700 to 1000 FPs to level.

DeletedUser35678

I agree with Ragnar... it would only take 165 more to lock 1St. Out of 1000, 660 has already been donated, or 650 has been donated by others. 1000-650=350. To lock second, you need to donate half of what’s left. That would be 175, but you’ve already donated 10, so you need to donate 165.

Now the total that’s been donated comes to 825. There is only 175 left open If someone else comes along and puts on that amount (which would be rude to level someone’s building) they still wouldn’t be able to pass you.

RazorbackPirate

I agree with Ragnar... it would only take 165 more to lock 1St. Out of 1000, 660 has already been donated, or 650 has been donated by others. 1000-650=350. To lock second, you need to donate half of what’s left. That would be 175, but you’ve already donated 10, so you need to donate 165.

Now the total that’s been donated comes to 825. There is only 175 left open If someone else comes along and puts on that amount (which would be rude to level someone’s building) they still wouldn’t be able to pass you.
Where did the 660 that's already been donated come from in your example above?

DeletedUser

If you donate 165, it would look like this:
1st (locked) 500 FP
2nd (you) 175 FP
3rd (formerly 2nd) 100 FP
4th (formerly 3rd) 50 FP
Total FP donated = 825
Left to level = 175
You can easily see that the players in 3rd and 4th can easily snipe 2nd from you. The only time that you can use the simple formula of "half of what's left" to lock a spot is:
A) If you are the first person to donate other than the GB owner
B) If the only other people to donate so far are the GB owner and players that have locked up the top spot(s). For example, if 3 players have donated other than the GB owner and locked the top 3 spots, then you could donate 1/2 of what is remaining to lock 4th.
If there are players that have donated, but not locked a spot, then the simple formula of "half of what's left" is useless.