• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Arc Shenanigans

Graviton

I see a suggestion along the lines of adding a "toggle" so that a player can choose to cut off donations to a particular GB by players who are not Guildies, who are not Friends, or who are not a member of either group made pretty often. I would be shocked if this hasn't been made a formal proposal and voted on by the Forum residents.

Indeed, there have been several similar proposals over the last year or so, various permutations of "I want to control who donates to my GBs". Too lazy to post links, but they're there.

Emberguard

Indeed, there have been several similar proposals over the last year or so, various permutations of "I want to control who donates to my GBs". Too lazy to post links, but they're there.
Oh yeah totally. On other forums as well.

GBs aren't meant to be rigid only benefitting the owner in the way they want. If it was contribution rewards wouldn't exist and we'd all self lvl. They're meant to be more fluid and open to accepting help - allowing as many people to benefit from it as possible. No one has special rights on having a specific spot. Everyone is meant to be equal when it comes to who is allowed to get any of the spots available, it's just a matter of whether you can afford to secure the reward positions

Of course we can set up agreements between players so we put into each other's GBs, and that's a good thing. But we don't own a spot until it's secured. It's more of lessening a investment risk if the goal is to get the reward, not eliminating it entirely

I was in a guild that had a different method of keeping Arc spots in house. They had it arranged beforehand on each level who would get each of the five reward spots, and only unlock the next level when they were all ready to go with their donation amount.
That's exactly what my group does. We even write down how much should be contributed for that spot and the remainder the owner can decide what to do with.

However once reaching lvl 18 we found it was far more beneficial to get everyone to put an equal amount in that would allow 1st/2nd to be secured by a lvl 80 before we put in the rest then to try to keep all the reward spots to ourselves

The group is only 4 members for the one I mentioned, but for a group of 6 I was in at some point they too came to the same conclusion. By that point they were all lvl 50-60, but the guilds arc 90% thread had only just gone up. So the thought hadn't really been discussed before as to getting outsiders from the arc group to take the top positions. And being 6 of them putting in there'd have been little chance of any outsider getting enough in enough time to even secure a spot unless it's dumped in one go. This particular group though weren't concerned in rotating spots. It was more of a dump everything into the arcs system using a spreadsheet to decide who's lvl'd next

DeletedUser29726

However once reaching lvl 18 we found it was far more beneficial to get everyone to put an equal amount in that would allow 1st/2nd to be secured by a lvl 80 before we put in the rest then to try to keep all the reward spots to ourselves

The group is only 4 members for the one I mentioned, but for a group of 6 I was in at some point they too came to the same conclusion. By that point they were all lvl 50-60, but the guilds arc 90% thread had only just gone up. So the thought hadn't really been discussed before as to getting outsiders from the arc group to take the top positions. And being 6 of them putting in there'd have been little chance of any outsider getting enough in enough time to even secure a spot unless it's dumped in one go. This particular group though weren't concerned in rotating spots. It was more of a dump everything into the arcs system using a spreadsheet to decide who's lvl'd next

It sounds like you haven't quite hit the levels yet that people tend to actually be worried about. As an example, around level 50, with friendly donors who will give 1.9, 1st, 2nd, AND 3rd can be locked without a single FP investment from outside leaving only about 10% of the level's cost to finish - but if a 3rd party gets in before they're locked up it can cost the group a lot of FP (and make said sniper a lot of profit) - 3rd will no longer be auto-setup even because of the cheap 1st or 2nd. It's an understandable concern but something I personally consider just part of the game. You can tailor your friends list so that it's only neighbors you need worry about. But to handle neighbors some people do the disconnect thing - personally I consider that too big a cost. One thing you can do is not unlock levels in advance though and try to get all of your friendly snipers online at the same time to do the 1-2-3 within minutes of unlocking the level. Note that you can still include friends in the friendly-sniper list (especially if you have no arc 80s in guild yet). The idea is just to reduce unfriendly snipers that cost you FP but add no benefit.

203iceman

Well,

I am glad to see I can muster an active conversation. Lots of criticism, and some helpful words. As you can tell Razorback I don’t live on the forum or the game. I have played this game for many years and enjoy the active participation. I would like to fortify my question, and dispel the statements of greed, fear, selfishness, and being lazy . I have many friends and help others as often as possible.

As Razorback has pointed out. I am not active in two of my worlds. That is more of a real life issue , than one of a game problem. I started my own dealership 2 years ago, and have had less time to play.

I have helped lower age players build arcs and even provided the goods to them to build those buildings. My question is only to gain information to help others. I was not wholly aware of the big change in the arcs until recently. My own arc is over level 80 and is not an issue for me personally.

In Jaims world we have seen a change with some of the top players working toward massive stores of forge point packs. Some have boosted in excess of 100,000. We have also seen a huge increase in uninvited players jumping on in a random manor. Some players have tried to protect their buildings only to find that they lost forge point rewards they had placed elsewhere.

I would like to thank those who provided solid, positive information. I will use those tips in my quest to help other players.

P.S. I had no idea that this very same question was raised, and see no such message/question listed??

Thanks for the help

Iceman