• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Archaeology 2020 Feedback

DeletedUser40925

What are forum moderators? Are they also community managers?
I’m asking because in the German forum a moderator stated that they do not know whether the CS will appear.

Edit: the title of the moderator in the German forum is “translator” (the green box). Middle box says “team member”. C36DA011-6275-41A5-897E-148404F5905C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

UBERhelp1

What are forum moderators? Are they also community managers?
I’m asking because in the German forum a moderator stated that they do not know whether the CS will appear.

Edit: the title of the moderator in the German forum is “translator” (the green box). Middle box says “team member”. View attachment 15968
To clarify: no one BUT Inno knows the daily special list. That means no one of the support staff.

DeletedUser40925

To clarify: no one BUT Inno knows the daily special list. That means no one of the support staff.

That is what I assumed too.
Sgt. Bothari said CMs and CCMs know the list, so I was wondering if moderators are considered CMs or not. Because if they are, then Sgt.’s Statement most likely does not hold true (anymore).

DreadfulCadillac

How do you know that ?
And @Sgt. Bothari is no longer working for Inno.
I think that only the people inside Inno know the daily specials.
OMG
What do you think INNO is?! cause its a company.
I think Cm's and Co-Cms probably STILL knw the lists cause they do announcments(that they get from inno) they are on top of mods, and also run support(i think)

Not everyone plays the same game. While many like buildings targeted for attacking armies, many don't.

While not everyone's cup of tea, the Celtic Forest set did give both an attack and defense boost to attacking armies. Not huge, but it did give both, right on the heels of Forge Bowl where every building provided benefits to attacking armies.

The Airship gives daily guild goods which benefits both attackers and negotiators alike, potentially allowing guilds to build more province buildings in GBG, and as you said, also included the Carousel, the secondary building from last year's Archaeology event with both a respectable attack and defense boost. While not as much as the Checkmate's square, being from last year's event, thematically, it makes much more sense than the Checkmate Square.

Next up is the Soccer Cup, which once again has buildings with substantial (huge) benefits for attacking armies.

Inno has a broad customer base and needs event buildings that address the play styles of all of them. Not every event, can be focused on fighters, nor should it be. I'm okay with that. Apparently so is Inno's bottom line.

I'm not saying that every grand prize or daily special has to have attack power. There is nothing wrong with the airship or the celtic set. They are pretty good buildings for almost everyone in the game except the very end game players. Once this event is over I will have both in my main city.

What I'm saying is that (so far) this event has NOTHING for fighters. At least the last 2 events had cherry sets and sentinel outposts. All we got here was the carousel.

And compared to the CS, BR, or sentinel outpost the carousel is junk.

And just because I have diamond farms doesn't mean I don't spend money. If a company puts out goods or services that I like, I will spend money. And for this particular product the only thing I spend money on is attack power.

I'm not angry at Inno. I just believe they'd make a TON of money if the offered the CS as a daily. It's what most players want.

Jern2017

There is nothing wrong with the airship or the celtic set. They are pretty good buildings for almost everyone in the game except the very end game players.

Can you elaborate on this? What defines an end game player in this game? Why wouldn't those players have such buildings in their city?

I'm not questioning you, just curious.

Reese7990

Liking this event. Finding lots of goodies in the sand. I do wish that you would have given us 3 options for the airship like has been offered for many other event buildings. An attack option, fp option or goods option.

DeletedUser35836

I'm not saying that every grand prize or daily special has to have attack power. There is nothing wrong with the airship or the celtic set. They are pretty good buildings for almost everyone in the game except the very end game players. Once this event is over I will have both in my main city.

What I'm saying is that (so far) this event has NOTHING for fighters. At least the last 2 events had cherry sets and sentinel outposts. All we got here was the carousel.

And compared to the CS, BR, or sentinel outpost the carousel is junk.

And just because I have diamond farms doesn't mean I don't spend money. If a company puts out goods or services that I like, I will spend money. And for this particular product the only thing I spend money on is attack power.

I'm not angry at Inno. I just believe they'd make a TON of money if the offered the CS as a daily. It's what most players want.

I would hardly call the carousel “junk” but would also had preferred the CMS. I can only speculate at this point is they cut the CMS from this event so attack players will spend a lot in the soccer event which will allegedly feature the a lvl 2 winners plaza among other attack buildings.

DreadfulCadillac

I would hardly call the carousel “junk” but would also had preferred the CMS. I can only speculate at this point is they cut the CMS from this event so attack players will spend a lot in the soccer event which will allegedly feature the a lvl 2 winners plaza among other attack buildings.
notice the scroll deal today?i wouldnt be so sure they cut it yet...

Agent327

That is what I assumed too.
Sgt. Bothari said CMs and CCMs know the list, so I was wondering if moderators are considered CMs or not. Because if they are, then Sgt.’s Statement most likely does not hold true (anymore).

CM's and CCM's are Inno employees, so as employees they know the list. Moderators are volunteers and kept in the dark.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you elaborate on this? What defines an end game player in this game? Why wouldn't those players have such buildings in their city?

I'm not questioning you, just curious.

Anyone who can get more rewards in GBG than they can from FP buildings. Which mainly are players who have all lvl 80+ attack buildings.

I'm seeing a lot of people in the big diamond GBG guilds doing things like making cherry sets with 2 sakura rocks giving 20 attack power but costing them FPs, and buildings like winter spires being replaced with colossus or even fire pagodas.

The rewards in GBG make it better to have attack power than FP generation.

I said it was junk compared to CS, BR, and sentinel tower. If you have room and none of those alternatives, then it's fine. But you would replace it with any of those other buildings and sell the carousel to the dealer.

CDmark

Each time the scroll deal has run so far, the next DS was the WF kit. I still expect that to run a 3rd time, based on history, that will be tomorrow.

Very good catch there. I hadn't paid attention to event details like I used to until I found this thread and not saying I would have caught it anyway.
Balloon and WF selection are gone. Maybe next event I will break out my event detective kit...lol.

VT up, SoK, Reno, WW, Checkmate are left via beta. Based on my experience tracking, nothing different will be offered, these are the choices left.

SoK, Reno, WW - I believe will be offered

VT up versus Checkmate Wow, tough call on what to do especially if it comes to the last day. If you have 2000 scrolls and it is VT up, big time disappointment.

Today's special, WF selection Kit, I would think the players that missed the other 2 times but still need 1 or 2 upgrades to complete their WF will benefit. If you spent no scrolls up to now, and you choose wisely when digging, you can get a full WF. I do believe we will see WF selection in the AD, not sure when but they may start with auction first, like the colossus so if you are short 1 or 2, I would expect to get it there.

OK, I did notice something very interesting. A few events ago, they released the daily special on all servers at the same time (forget which event). So, we had no advance notice of what is coming. I used know about 4pm CST the next daily special and the special changed at 11pm for me. So this gave me time to decide what to do with the current daily special.
Then, they went back to the original way, release in Europe and we would know here in the US, that happened last event.
Now, no one knows until everybody knows in this event. Hmm, wonder if it has to do with Checkmate.

So, I have a few players.
My Iron age player is used to test things, like events. I don't worry about what he really gets but before my main player tries something (like St Patty event), I use my test player (should have called him lab rat). He will never age up, has 7 carousels in inventory, 3 in the city Checkmate, 1% more attack, not sure it is worth it. More SoK's? redundant WW will never see the city. Renos will never be used. He has 4600 scrolls. I may try to get a full WF just for kicks
My Main player, LMA, wait, why not, if Renos the last day, he can use them. Soks and WW he can sell.
My wifes player, CE, told her wait for CMS, worth the risk, we got 6 carousels just in case, she has contestants estates which I told her we replace.

So, age dependent decisions to make, player specific goals are also important. I can tell you, if you have 2000 scrolls, you are not getting 10 WF selection kits. I think you need at least 4000 scrolls, this I will test (love the lab rat...lol).

Last edited:

DeletedUser41012

Inno, don't you DARE remove the chessboard from the daily prizes; we'll riot.
You won't see EVER a RL cent from me, but I think you don't want to further annoy other lots of people.

CDmark

Well, this just in, we may be worrying about nothing. 2020 FOE cup
Winners Plaza L2, better than checkmate (this is beta, can be adjusted, lets say equivalent attack), no population, adds happiness. So you get happiness like Carousel and attack like Checkmate (no city defense, most don't care). Remember, no guarantees on those values.
Altar Garden selection kit is coming (3 Artemis = 2 checkmate in attack, plus 3 FP, with population and happiness greater than population). These values are guaranteed. It is an established building.
Altar of Artemis not mentioned often, I love mine.

I now believe checkmate will be offered based on that fact alone. Victory upgrade will be scratched is my final prediction.

WinnerGR

I am loving this Event , so far I have :

1. Completed 45 Main Event quests
  2. Completed 6 different tablets
  3. Level 7 Airship
  4. Level 6 Fair
  5. Tonnes of AD cannon foder
  6. At least 30 units
  7. A rogue hidout
  8. 3 traz BPs
  9. 2 achievements
  10. Over 300 goods
  11. Tonnes of Coins
  12. Tonnes of Supplies
  13. about 3000 medals
Three things I do not like about the Event :
  1. The Fair is so easy to get , the first time it was offered as Daily Special I got it too level 2 and then today I got it up four more levels
  2. I have ended up with 2000 spare population
  3. The Globe Fountain has such low boosts for its size

And if there is no WW , I will add a fourth.

DeletedUser40925

Well, this just in, we may be worrying about nothing. 2020 FOE cup
Winners Plaza L2, better than checkmate

But it should be noted that for a lvl2 winners plaza you would need to win two daily specials = 2 selection kits (if you do not have a winners plaza in your city already), whereas checkmate you only need one.