• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Arctic Future - Part 4 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser13838

AF has been broken up into four phases, and there was already an expansion in phase one, and another in phase two. No expansion in phase three, so my guess is that there will not be one in phase four.
There was an expansion in the AF3 tech tree and I think an additional medal expansion was later added.

Snalinif

You're right, I was just counting the expansions via the map. 3 in total for AF so far, so there might be one more expansion via tech tree for AF4.

qaccy

Rail Gun.... need I say more?

With the defense reduction, that's not really going to work very well unless you have a much higher boost level than the defender, or it's only a couple of BFs. BFs now have the ability (though uncommon compared to hover tanks) to strike the other side of the field in their first turn, and can take out RGs in as little as two shots. They can do that in two turns though, as opposed to RGs still needing three turns to do the same (attack, reload, attack again). As weird as it sounds, I think even with them taking 4 shots to do so, Plasma Artillery will probably work better. Higher defense against heavy units, and they're reducing the attack stat every time they hit which makes them take even less damage along the way.

DeletedUser8152

Bear in mind that the attack reduction due to heat is based off the base attack value. So if the unit has a base attack of 100 and you have a +100% boost, then a hit from a heat weapon (20%) will only reduce the unit's attack value by 20 (ie from 200 to 180).

At any rate, I agree that it is better to wait and see! So far in GE my rail guns are still working fine vs other FE units, so I'm less worried than I had been.

DeletedUser

I am guessing the Tavern plays in to some of the re-balancing. Don't you think they want you to buy something with your silver? And if you don't have silver buy some!

DeletedUser15855

No expansion in phase three.

Eco Urban Lifestyle tech had an expansion. I think there was at least one on the map too. So, there were expansions in phase three. My guess is there will be in phase four also, just like in every phase prior.

NOW, for a question. What are the stats on this seed vault. I don't build crap for the fun of it. I see it gives almost a 3% chance of earning a "Resource" when aiding at level 10. What resources and how many? Do I have a 3% chance of earning 10 coin, 100 supply, 27 medals? What? Or, does it include FP, diamonds, etc, and if so, how many? A 3% chance at 1 diamond is very different from a 3% chance at 50 diamonds.

Also, do any GBs affect these resources (namely, the Chateau)?

The supplies just aren't worth it at all. I'm not sure what brilliant designer thought we needed another GB that gives off supplies. I think it's safe to say that most folks in Arctic are sitting on a few hundred million supplies already.

Snalinif

Eco Urban Lifestyle tech had an expansion.

I had already corrected myself that at the time of that post, I was only counting expansions via the map. I had since replied saying this, and that there was in fact an expansion via the tech tree in AF3.

I think there was at least one on the map too.

There was no expansion via map in AF3. There was one in AF1 and one in AF2 as I pointed out.

DeletedUser3305

There isn't even a diamond expansion! They expand the city but don't give the expansions to fill them typical Inno move. It's getting old

DeletedUser9040

This is all nice , but where are we going to put everything ? how about some more room !!!!!

qaccy

There isn't even a diamond expansion! They expand the city but don't give the expansions to fill them typical Inno move. It's getting old

Just like when they did it back in PME, the expansion space was added in advance to allow them time to slowly make more available. They're not going to make 50 expansions available all at once; they're going to be released a few at a time/per age, as has always been the case. The space they put in is (probably) intended to last them another 2-3 years before they have to add more once again.

DeletedUser13838

They add expansions so infrequently that they should either add them more gradually or announce it in advance so people don't place expansions in weird places because that's all that's left and then find much better locations for expansions when there aren't any more available to place. There were a lot of expansions in AF so this is another big advantage that was just created for those who stayed in FE (IMO at least).

ITown

the old artillery RailGun is better than the new one.... dont like this
Apart from being useless against drones, in what way is plasma artillery worse?

From what I can tell, PAs are basically equal to rail guns, but without a reload timer and without a way to hit flying.

DeletedUser8152

Crystal villas seem extremely good for a nonpremium house... they give better pop/sqr and coin/sqr than the premium sea scrapers. They have the best pop/sqr available, and very nearly as good coin production as the premium 1 hour tipis. So I'm looking forward to that :)

qaccy

And it doesn't counter reactive armor like RG does

Maybe not, but they reduce the damage of the attacked unit, and they have higher defense than RGs do so they ultimately live longer to put out more damage. RGs are now much less likely to get a second attack compared to before, which reduces their effectiveness (part of the point of the stat change).

In that same vein, Recon Raiders are also proving to be very effective against Battle Fortresses (and in general) despite having to hit through armor. They even handily dispose of Behemoths in two shots, something that also surprised me. These things are monsters now!