• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Arctic Orangery or the Alcatraz?

spartacus2.0

I just bought 4 diamond expansions because I was fed up waiting for expansions in research. But because I'm a very indecisive person, I don't know whether to build a traz on it or the orangery.

Ebeondi Asi

Alcatraz Alcatraz Alcatraz Alcatraz Alcatraz Alcatraz .....
The AO is somewhat of a luxury, The Alcatraz is a total necessity for any fighter

Johnny B. Goode

The AO is somewhat of a luxury, The Alcatraz is a total necessity for any fighter
What he said.

Lord Pest

Definitely the Traz first. The AO won’t be of much use if you don’t have troops to fight with. Both buildings are must haves.

Johnny B. Goode

Definitely the Traz first. The AO won’t be of much use if you don’t have troops to fight with. Both buildings are must haves.
Well, the Traz is for sure. The AO? More of a luxury if you've got the space. The trouble with it is it's only good against same age troops. Great for GvG, of course, but in pretty much every other battle arena you're facing lower or higher age troops way too much for AO to be a "must have".

Kranyar the Mysterious

Well, the Traz is for sure. The AO? More of a luxury if you've got the space. The trouble with it is it's only good against same age troops. Great for GvG, of course, but in pretty much every other battle arena you're facing lower or higher age troops way too much for AO to be a "must have".
You meant to say GBG didn't you? ;)

And at least for me GBG is the vast majority of my fights by a margin a light year wide, so AO isn't just a luxury.

Pericles the Lion

You meant to say GBG didn't you? ;)

And at least for me GBG is the vast majority of my fights by a margin a light year wide, so AO isn't just a luxury.
My AO is L80 but I've not not gotten much benefit from the crits. As @Johnny B. Goode mentioned, it only works with same age units. I got Hover Tanks when in Indy and have used them, almost exclusively, as I aged up to OF. Except for when I'm up against a lot of Plasma Artillery the Hovers still rule the roost. I'm looking forward to an age where using same-age units makes sense again.

Kranyar the Mysterious

My AO is L80 but I've not not gotten much benefit from the crits. As @Johnny B. Goode mentioned, it only works with same age units. I got Hover Tanks when in Indy and have used them, almost exclusively, as I aged up to OF. Except for when I'm up against a lot of Plasma Artillery the Hovers still rule the roost. I'm looking forward to an age where using same-age units makes sense again.
There is that. My current cities are mostly sitting in FE or IA, so I tend to forget about using Hovers in earlier era GBG. Seems like several hundred fights back to back at once wouldn't be possible in GBG using those rare troops before they take too much damage to use, and would require a lot of diamond healing,

Shoulda stayed in FE :p

Lord Pest

im working on AO level 114 right now. It’s not a bad double dip. It’s bonus also works for your units defending your town. The AO and Traz are both must haves and the more fights you do the more of a must have they both are. Whats great about the AO is it’s bonus never expires. Great for GvG and GBG. Yes the AO is big but when you get 100+ fp a day for it it’s worth the space it takes up.

Ebeondi Asi

The Question was which one first! the Alcatraz is far more of a necessity than AO. f you do not have either one.
The discussion is not is AO worth having. For fightier yes it is a must have. but Alcatraz you have to have first.