• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Are Npc armies to over powered

DeletedUser28773

Recently i tried to conquer a territory with my armies and every time i was totally destroyed even when i used units to counter the npc army units. this is no fun as a gamer if you do not have any chance of victory what is the point of the game.

The defense army was made up of 1 trebuche, 2 heavy infantry, 2 berserkers, and 3 crossbowmen.

can anyone suggest how to destroy this type of an enemy load out. I even had 4 rogues and several champions one at a time in battle of course for their bonus
they were all killed now it's going to take ma a week to rebuild my army's

most of my attack forces were made up of the following at various times

Armored infantry, Mounted archers, catapults, champions, Rogues, Ballista, and even trebuchet. and none of them worked please provide some advice thank you.

Algona

A little more info?

What are your combat bonuses?

What are the defender's combat bonuses?

Can you explain why you used more then one Champ in the fight?

Using multiple Rogues in a Continental fight seems a mistake, the AI for Continental fighting is pretty effective against Rogues.

DeletedUser26965

Are you playing on mobile or browser? Are you auto fighting?

dennistodd

It's discouraging but, as a player starts advancing in the game, the NPC's start getting hyper-inflated (e.g. units that are 2 ages advanced and have a 35% handicap). Eventually, it becomes impossible to defeat the NPC armies no matter what configuration is used.

DeletedUser26965

It's discouraging but, as a player starts advancing in the game, the NPC's start getting hyper-inflated (e.g. units that are 2 ages advanced and have a 35% handicap). Eventually, it becomes impossible to defeat the NPC armies no matter what configuration is used.
It's not impossible to advance to the end game, thousands upon thousands of players are done with the c-map and can do GE4. The only time NPC units are ahead of your age is if you advanced through the c-map ahead of your age which I don't recommend doing except just enough to see what your next age good deposits are, typically you want to do as little of the c-map as possible to allow for event quests.

dennistodd

that explains age inflation but what about NPC handicaps...and what's the point of advancing through the c-map then? :)

dennistodd

btw i'm so outgunned in Expedition, I can't even get past the third encounter in Level I, let alone Level IV lol

DeletedUser8152

The defense army was made up of 1 trebuche, 2 heavy infantry, 2 berserkers, and 3 crossbowmen.
Try 6 artillery (trebs if you have them, catapults if not) plus 2 crossbows.

First round:
- 2 NPC berserkers advance, probably hide in trees
- 3 NPC crossbows/infantry advance
- Move your crossbow. If you can hit an enemy unit without moving into range of their remaining crossbows, do it. Otherwise, try to stay out of range of their berserkers.
- NPC crossbow or infantry advances
- Move your crossbow, same criteria. Don't let yourself get hit by the next unit, try to hit one of theirs (ideally the same unit your first crossbow it), otherwise stay safe.
- Last NPC crossbow/infantry advances
- Your artillery moves: try to kill all three enemy crossbows. Certainly kill two.
- NPC treb attacks, probably a crossbow.

Second round:
- NPC berserkers advance, hopefully can't hit you yet.
- Any remaining enemy crossbows will attack, probably killing one of your crossbows.
- With your remaining crossbows, target their berserkers. From rocks if possible, and target a berz that isn't in forest/bushes if possible.
- With your artillery, kill the treb (two hits), then any remaining crossbows, then try to kill a berz. Attack a wounded one if possible.

Third round:
- Hopefully just one berserker left, will attack one of your units
- Infantry advance, hopefully can't attack yet. Probably your last crossbow will be dead by now though
- Artillery kills remaining berz, then start on closest infantry

From there, just keep hitting the infantry. It should be like 5 artillery to 2 infantry, you can win that.

DeletedUser24787

Cryvac the black if your talking about your city on server 18 S world you have no military GB
i do see you have 2 rogue hideouts 1 champ retreat and one mounted archer barracks
since your in HMA you should consider teching up for units of your age

you may want to consider attempting to get a SOZ,COA,CDM if you plan to fight otherwise if you don't like the combat if its too tough you can always negotiate your sectors to advance just be prepared to produce and trade constantly till you can produce more than enough
you currently are shown to produce
Wine and Lumber from Bronze
Limestone and Ebony for IRON AGE
Alabaster and Honey for EMA
based on your current city layout you may need to consider what route you want to go down since your in the 4th age the Continental map will continue to get more difficult as you progress enemy will have more boost and in 2 wave fights as they are present in GE

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26965

that explains age inflation but what about NPC handicaps...and what's the point of advancing through the c-map then? :)
By handicaps you are talking about Attack/Defense(A/D) value modifiers such as "boost" or "bonus" which as you progress in the c-map will bounce around a bit depending on the map, for GE will continually go up as you advance in age and progress through the levels/stages. The point of advancing through the map is to mainly get to goods deposits for your age, Battle Point towers and land expansions but again you should only advance as far as you really need to, there's not much point in going further or doing more than where you are on the Research Tree and you're just setting yourself up for failure later if you want to do quests for events as many of them have quests that have to do with the c-map.

DeletedUser

Why would anyone fight the first 3 encounters of GE, when you're guaranteed to get past them with minimal cost by negotiating?

DeletedUser24787

Why would anyone fight the first 3 encounters of GE, when you're guaranteed to get past them with minimal cost by negotiating?
on this i would disagree with you the 1st 3 encounters are ridiculous easy to beat with no effort you can pretty much auto attack and suffer no loss you just have to use the correct counter after all the initial fights are all the same unit not hard to combat that but to each their own some fight others negotiate that is why we have options