• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Army Management Settings

KingBeave09

Is there a way to set Army Management to not show troops in order of health? I know this was changed in today's update, but I don't see a way to set how I want my troops to display on the screen when starting a battle.

FWIW - I have higher age troops and prefer them to display before the rogues like they used to. This way I could always see their health in the top left slot, which is extremely helpful when battling fast in GBG.

Ebeondi Asi

Sadly Rogues are not easy to show. The only way is to use the slider at the bottom of the menu. The Rogues are (almost) last ... sadly the flag bearers and drummers are actually last. (I delete all those to keep them from showing! since they have no real use )

Last edited:

Doogzie

I am pleased to see the changes in the Army Management. Makes it so much easier to rapidly complete battles without scrolling so much. I just wish Inno could create a way to hide the Defending Army troops?

Disgruntled Veteran

I am pleased to see the changes in the Army Management. Makes it so much easier to rapidly complete battles without scrolling so much. I just wish Inno could create a way to hide the Defending Army troops?

These changes will hopefully be implemented sooner than later..

KingBeave09

I'm strictly talking about the Currently Selected Army portion of the screen. The 8 slots for my active army. They changed that to sort by all troops health. Previously it was sorted by health PER TROOP.

So say I attack with 2 hover tanks and 6 rogues. Let's assume 1 hover takes damage and 4 rogues take damage. Previously, after the attack, the top left slot would be my hover with full strength. The bottom left slot would be my hover with some damage. The second on the top and second on the bottom would be my 2 rogues w/o damage. Then the last 4 slots would be my rogues with damage, in order of most health to least.

Now, slot 1 would be my unharmed hover, slot 2 & 3 would be my unharmed rogues, and then slots 4-8 would be all my damaged troops in order of most to least health.

This is confusing and hard to manage when attacking quickly, especially when typically just swapping out rogues.

jaymoney23456

army management changes are mostly awesome-just need to fix the 'bug' where it shuffles the order of regular troops and rogues in your army after a battle

Mor-Rioghain

This is confusing and hard to manage when attacking quickly, especially when typically just swapping out rogue
You hit the nail right on the head - it is confusing. Unfortunatly I suspect that Inno would just say "we've responded to player feedback and this is what was wanted." I might add that they'd probably say you could just turn off the army stacking function and go back to the original display. (I haven't bothered to look to see if it's in fact the original display. I'm too peeved that they changed it to this clunky method of choosing units!)

Pericles the Lion

I'm strictly talking about the Currently Selected Army portion of the screen. The 8 slots for my active army. They changed that to sort by all troops health. Previously it was sorted by health PER TROOP.

So say I attack with 2 hover tanks and 6 rogues. Let's assume 1 hover takes damage and 4 rogues take damage. Previously, after the attack, the top left slot would be my hover with full strength. The bottom left slot would be my hover with some damage. The second on the top and second on the bottom would be my 2 rogues w/o damage. Then the last 4 slots would be my rogues with damage, in order of most health to least.

Now, slot 1 would be my unharmed hover, slot 2 & 3 would be my unharmed rogues, and then slots 4-8 would be all my damaged troops in order of most to least health.

This is confusing and hard to manage when attacking quickly, especially when typically just swapping out rogues.
I'm not trying to be argumentative but I'm not seeing where you should have any more difficulty, especially when swapping out injured rogues (which will be last in the batting order). In the example that you gave, after the change the 4 damaged rogues occupy the last 4 positions in ascending order of damage to each. This is exactly the positions that they would have been in before the change was implemented.

KingBeave09

I'm not trying to be argumentative but I'm not seeing where you should have any more difficulty, especially when swapping out injured rogues (which will be last in the batting order). In the example that you gave, after the change the 4 damaged rogues occupy the last 4 positions in ascending order of damage to each. This is exactly the positions that they would have been in before the change was implemented.
Right, but now my hover tank may fall somewhere in the middle and it takes more than a glance at the top left corner to see its current health. Now on the army selection screen I may have rogues to the left of my hover as well as rogues to the right of the hover. When fighting Diamond League GBG, the cumulative time this will take me to make sure my army has enough health for the next battle can be enough to prevent taking a sector.

That one hover in the image below will slowly move right as I battle, take damage to it, and swap out for healthy rogues. Previously it was static top left (slot 1) and it was always easy to see it's status. It makes a big difference when you only have a few of those troops.

I've already made the mistake of not noticing it and letting it die off, had to pay diamonds to heal it up... so maybe that's intended, i.e. more money in Inno's pockets.

Screenshot 2023-12-06 142413.png

Pericles the Lion

Right, but now my hover tank may fall somewhere in the middle and it takes more than a glance at the top left corner to see its current health. Now on the army selection screen I may have rogues to the left of my hover as well as rogues to the right of the hover. When fighting Diamond League GBG, the cumulative time this will take me to make sure my army has enough health for the next battle can be enough to prevent taking a sector.

That one hover in the image below will slowly move right as I battle, take damage to it, and swap out for healthy rogues. Previously it was static top left (slot 1) and it was always easy to see it's status. It makes a big difference when you only have a few of those troops.

I've already made the mistake of not noticing it and letting it die off, had to pay diamonds to heal it up... so maybe that's intended, i.e. more money in Inno's pockets.

View attachment 21070
I understand. I use OF advanced units with rogues in one of my Indy cities. The change requires HAU players to be more cautious.

Ebeondi Asi

Yeah.. Not being able to adapt to changes is a stiff penalty. Particularly all us old as mummy dust geezers. I still used to original troop menu, and changing to the new improved one I still do many automatic actions, cussing at myself each time. But eventually the light will reach the foggy portions inside my brain, and all will be well.
Sad that 30 somethings and even 20 somethings suffer from the same problem. and like most old duffers, blame the system instead of their own poor pea brain mind.
For complaints My poor pea brained mind is just a effed up as yours.. Just to keep that clear! ;)