• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Community Rejected Army Management window improvements (show healing/training time left)

MKPapa

Army and Unit Management requires frequent switching between unit barracks and Army Management window to figure out how much time is left to heal or train a unit.
This is not convenient for frequent fighters.
It would be nice if:
- units currently in training also appeared in the Army Management window, but were greyed out (to highlight their inactive stratus), and were shown after all other units;
- when you mouse over any unit in the Army Management window you would see a hint message showing how much time is left to train/heal this unit unless it is completely healthy.

Update: I guess, there should also be checkbox to show/hide units in training, otherwise the window might become too cluttered for some.

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

This is only a problem for players with way too few units to actually fight with.
Back three years ago, when i was in Iron Age..Gee maybe I would have liked it a little
The actual solution to the OP here's need is the build Alcatraz Great Building. (or get one / few of the other buiildings that create extra troops and stop needing to worry abut the paucity of troops
This is a problem that already has a valid solution. (Have more troops)

Graviton

Definitely only an issue for newer cities. I voted "yes" because it could help those players but I don't expect Inno to implement it.

MKPapa

This is only a problem for players with way too few units to actually fight with.
Back three years ago, when i was in Iron Age..Gee maybe I would have liked it a little
The actual solution to the OP here's need is the build Alcatraz Great Building. (or get one / few of the other buiildings that create extra troops and stop needing to worry abut the paucity of troops

I play for 2 months, and I am already in top 20% on my server with just 1.1 million points. I guess there are many, many more players who fight a lot in lower eras than advanced players who do not care about attached units anymore, and have boost 1000+.
And yes, I have Traz and event buildings that provide unattached units, but need to advance my Arc first before pushing other GBs up.

And you did not get the point of the proposal I am afraid. It is not about how many units you need and how to get them, it is about convenience - it is much easier to figure out when to come back for fights if you can easily see in one place how much time your units need to heal/train instead of jumping between buildings.

MKPapa

I get the point, and say the point is a complete waste of time for developers to mess around for such a trivial reason. As I wrote only new small players worry about heath and that only because they do not have enough troops. Which is a problem only for starting players.
And it is totally about hw many troops one has. If you had enough, the idea would not matter to you!, It would not even occur to you. LOL
Let me reformulate what you said - my proposal is to solve the problem the top, say, 5-10% of players do not suffer from, and the rest 90-95% are complete waste of time for developers to care about. You are elitist, my friend! No offense intended.

But in general your point has the right to exist, of course, this is why this is a poll which would show how many forum members would like to have this, and how many do not.

Agaselle

I voted ,..// yes..// also it could be mentioned that if someone chooses to keep fighting with units that are not replaced with healed units the rewards should double or even tripple when continue fighting with the starting units each time.....//

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

Let me reformulate what you said - my proposal is to solve the problem the top, say, 5-10% of players do not suffer from, and the rest 90-95% are complete waste of time for developers to care about. You are elitist, my friend! No offense intended.

But in general your point has the right to exist, of course, this is why this is a poll which would show how many forum members would like to have this, and how many do not.
He's not being elitist, he's being realistic. Only new cities experience the issue that you have described. Players that want to battle a lot will build the Traz and level it up. Once done, it will produce more than enough troops and eliminate any concerns about individual unit health. The problem is solved by producing more troops than you kill off.

xivarmy

I'd like to see healing time on unattached troops as well - particularly above-era troops that you only ever have a fixed number of it'd be nice to have an idea of how much more waiting til they're fully healed (should I wait for it to finish or diamond heal it?)

Pericles the Lion

I'd like to see healing time on unattached troops as well - particularly above-era troops that you only ever have a fixed number of it'd be nice to have an idea of how much more waiting til they're fully healed (should I wait for it to finish or diamond heal it?)
Only one number to remember....24. It takes 24 minutes per hit point to heal age-specific units.

xivarmy

Only one number to remember....24. It takes 24 minutes per hit point to heal age-specific units.
Well for instance if it's the last tick, is it 1 minute away, or 24 minutes away (actually probably more like 15 minutes because of guild bonus). 1 minute away I'd usually just wait.

spartacus2.0

but what if you only have a handful higher age units?

Ebeondi Asi

I never bothered to get those. Seems too much fooling around (to me) trying to save them! So I skipped all that. But I can see where a player with them wants to protect them and use them so a good point.
As for moving up age. I really also never had a problem here

Pericles the Lion

You forget the guild recruitment bonus, for example.
I didn't forget. The amount of the recruitment bonus depends on the Guild's level (2%-38%). But healing time, per hit point, is still only a single number to remember. It doesn't seem very difficult to approximate within a few minutes without the need for another tool.

LoveNkind

I play for 2 months, and I am already in top 20% on my server with just 1.1 million points. I guess there are many, many more players who fight a lot in lower eras than advanced players who do not care about attached units anymore, and have boost 1000+.
And yes, I have Traz and event buildings that provide unattached units, but need to advance my Arc first before pushing other GBs up.

And you did not get the point of the proposal I am afraid. It is not about how many units you need and how to get them, it is about convenience - it is much easier to figure out when to come back for fights if you can easily see in one place how much time your units need to heal/train instead of jumping between buildings.
When you hav 100s of troops, you do not bother about when to come back. You just fight as long as it amuses you. Also, when your attack bonuses are high enough, you do not lose too many troops, so you always hav plenty more. I took all my troops buildings down and only build one when I need to get troops for a quest. I have not used my Traz in a couple weeks, and might take it down.

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

LoveNKind you are making a mistake not making all the Troops you can. Even if you do not seem to need them! This is a very very long game, and there will (not maybe) come a day you will regret not having many tens of thousands of those previous era troops way back when. I am not kidding.

Pericles the Lion

LoveNKind you are making a mistake not making all the Troops you can. Even if you do not seem to need them! This is a very very long game, and there will (not maybe) come a day you will regret not having many tens of thousands of those previous era troops way back when. I am not kidding.
What am I missing? Except perhaps for GvG or maybe the use of Hovers in AF/OF, where is there a compelling need for previous era units?

Ebeondi Asi

There is no ' compelling need'. There may be a use at some point in Foe future. Inno adds new features, slowly but they do. And things that take a lot o time to gather, are always worth bothering with 'just in case' when they are easy to gain. And not be surprised when you discover you could have 30,000 or even 100,000 but alas, shortsighted you have zero. So in general, I max any easy to gain advantage, even if I have no real reason for it today. Tomorrow I may discover to my delight, those seemingly silly things i did not turn my nose up at I made back when, , give me a nice advantage. that other players lack, Mainly because they didn't bother No problem. Just a different way to play.