• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Attack boosts in GE

wolfhoundtoo

Boost is not the only factor. The other factors (and these will impact the results considerably) which includes unit boosts and terrain boosts. Also Big-Bendz I suspect you auto battled which is generally not a good idea. For example if you move 1st and you auto battle then your units might not even manage to hit he enemy (depending on their ranges) their 1st turn and then the enemy moves and they can hit you.

Algona

Percentages are all BS anyway. I just attacked a 35/35 sector with a 121/90 a/d rating and even though my troops were superior, they just took out all 8 troops while losing only 4 (and there was a 2nd wave behind that one). So solved the problem very easy. Just bought all the territories with goods and saved myself about 200 troops and aggravation. P.S. The first wave I infiltrated so they all had 1 damage point.

Did you happen to use Rogues in the attack?

DeletedUser2355

Oh this chart is a wonderful idea. I will try and remember to jot down my numbers (AF) next week. Although I think they are due for changing soon with the coming of level 4.

DeletedUser25920

Yes, I am still taking notes of any new data that is posted here, and will update the chart again when I have a few more numbers added.

And yes, Oskie, that would be great if you make notes of the attack boosts you face in AF and then post them here. And I know the attack boosts are due for changing, but it makes sense to know what are the current numbers, so we can compare them with the new ones and see what became easier and what more difficult (and by how much).

DeletedUser10789

First, thank you Lady Egwene for the thread and what you are trying to do here. Sadly, your numbers are off for FE and AFE.
I noticed a big difference a few weeks ago in how they changed things around, unless it is Boost Related, which I am inclined to believe.
Meaning that the boosts against you are boost related to what your Attacks and Defense are. I am just not sure if they are calculated before GE Starts or on going as you move thru GE for the week. Here are my Stats for FE (Future Age), I have since moved into AFE Age and my numbers are different from what you have posted. I cannot disclose what I am doing, but I am doing a few tricks to keep the attack boosts low for me to fight, this past week and on one of the FE GE fights. I am not sure if the FE Numbers I am showing below are because I used such tricks, that I am using now, to lower what I am fighting against. Last week my Attack Boost was +163% and my Defense was +91% and it was my 2nd week in AFE for GE and boy was it hard, level 3 that is. I am a very strong fighter and I struggled. This week, not so bad, but again I took some steps to make sure it would be easier for me this week and it has been. Wink Wink.

FE (Future Age)
Guild Expedition: Week 22 (December 12-19)
Level 3, First 4 fights - 85% Fighting against boost
Level 3, Second 4 fights or Fights (5-8) - 85% Fighting against boost
Level 3 - Third 4 fights or Fights (9-12) - 95% Fighting against boost
Level 3 - Last 4 fights or Fights (13-16) - 100% Fighting against boost

Then the next week, with all sats, but I missed on the 11th and up fights on Level 2. This is what I have in my spreadsheet. Sorry.

Guild Expedition: Week 23 (December 20-25)
Level 1 - 65% against boost
Level 2 - 65% against boost (so far up to 10th fight)
Level 3 - First 4 fights - 80%.
Level 3 - Second 4 fights - 85%.
Level 3 - Third 4 fights - 95%.
Level 3 - Fourth 4 fights - 100%.

NOW in Arctic Future Age, I did not take notice of last weeks, but I will for next week for you. As of this week, though (these numbers are tainted, due to a few tricks I took), these are this weeks.

Guild Expedition: Week 27 (Jan. 17-22)
Level 1: 70% against boost
Level 2: 75% against boost
Level 3: First 4 Fights - 85% against boost
Level 3: Second 4 fights - 90% against boost
Level 3: Third 4 fights - 100% against boost
Level 3: Fourth 4 fights - 105% against boost

I will post and take notes for you for next week, maybe I will not play around to make them lower. :)

Thank you for the post and the chart, just trying to help you. But for someone who may know, I truly believe it is based off of your Attack and Def Boosts. Right now, mine are +155% Attack and +91% Defense.

Steve - LordStevie

DeletedUser14197

Well, FE agrees with what I told her for level 3, 80/85/95/100. She just hasn't gotten around up updating the posts. However, that agrees with what I wrote down when I was fighting GE each week, before the rails were nerfed. I wrote down all the different units I was up against each week and on the last level wrote down all the boosts. I have not seen it change in future age.

DeletedUser11463

Did you happen to use Rogues in the attack?
No because rogues don't get hit in continent fights. They seldom attack them. The problem I've found is that they have 3-4 fast and if you fight fast with fast you have nothing for the second round (this is in AA). I've fought nearly every Continent fight (even those nasty natives in the mountains that progressively got harder) and these are just insane. 2 hits from a 35 attack should not completely wipe out a 90 defense. The numbers just don't seem to match up.
Also these were not auto fights but regular fights. I also used the terrain to help. Could have just been bad luck but these things are harder at those 35/35 ratios that even the GE at 90%

DeletedUser25920

Thanks Lord Stevie for your detailed data. What I had for FE and AFE was only partially filled in, and what was there plus honey55's numbers provided in earlier posts agree with yours. So, so far so good :)

I have now updated the table again, and we can clearly see some patterns emerging (eg I am guessing that PE level3 part 3 must be 60%, but I am not filling that in until someone in PE provides this info)

Also Lord Stevie, I believe the attack boosts one faces only depend on one's age. (and all the evidence so far supports this.) So the numbers reported by honey55 for FE match yours.

The only question I have so far, is the % in last section of AF. I had read in the forums that it was 105%. But then ITown mentioned in an earlier post that it was 115%, so changed it in the table. Now Lord Stevie you mention 105%, so I changed it back to 105% (also 105% makes more sense based on the patterns we see on how the attack boost increases).
Can someone confirm the % in the last part of AF? Also I guess it is possible that for that last section not all 4 fights are the same %, and maybe some are 105%, and the last 115% ?

wolfhoundtoo

No because rogues don't get hit in continent fights. They seldom attack them. The problem I've found is that they have 3-4 fast and if you fight fast with fast you have nothing for the second round (this is in AA). I've fought nearly every Continent fight (even those nasty natives in the mountains that progressively got harder) and these are just insane. 2 hits from a 35 attack should not completely wipe out a 90 defense. The numbers just don't seem to match up.
Also these were not auto fights but regular fights. I also used the terrain to help. Could have just been bad luck but these things are harder at those 35/35 ratios that even the GE at 90%

Please provide specific unit types that were utilized on your side and the enemy side. the more details of the battle the easier it will be for us to understand the issue and possibly provide you some additional insight to how to achieve your goal. To be quite honest for the most part I took the Artic map with 95% or so boost and hover tanks for the most part. It is mostly about terrain, targeting order and which troops you use against which unit. By fast I presume you mean recon raiders against recon raiders so in order for you to determine if 35% attack boost can kill a recon raider with a 90% defense boost (you do have 90% defense boost right? you aren't using barracks or the tavern to boost your attack?) you need to compare the attack they have with the defense you have. So Recon Raiders have a base attack if 180 and a base defense of 100 so when your Recon is attacked it is being hit by 243 attack versus 190 defense. You can't simply take the percentages and compare them as that is not meaningful on their own.

DeletedUser13838

Unless you're facing artillery you can force enemy units to shoot at rogues first in the continent map. In fact you can easily defeat the AF continent map with hover tanks in sectors with 0-1 artillery in each wave.

DeletedUser11463

Thanks to all who have provided some good advice. It looks like tanks will be about the only thing that are good against those recons. Of course I will have to make sure there aren't many artillery's in the back to hit them as they can see the hidden tanks and the 20% heat plus damage is a killer. This is really the hardest fight I've seen and that include GE and fighting in GvG against a 75% HQ. I will be testing some of these when I get to the next terr. Hopefully it won't be 40%.

DeletedUser26154

Of course I will have to make sure there aren't many artillery's in the back to hit them as they can see the hidden tanks and the 20% heat plus damage is a killer.

If there are, you must destroy them first, regardless of anything else.
They do the most damage and help the other units.

download (9).jpg

The Artillery's utter destruction must be top priority.

wolfhoundtoo

If there are, you must destroy them first, regardless of anything else.
They do the most damage and help the other units.

View attachment 2418

The Artillery's utter destruction must be top priority.

actually killing them 1st isn't necessarily the smart play. As a general rule I target Dragon Drones 1st then Recon Raiders then the plasmas. Depends on numbers of course but certainly the dragon drones are better to be killed 1st unless you tend to spread your troops very wide. Also you want to reduce the over all number of hits you take so moving your units to kill the plasma that enables a few other enemy units to hit yours is generally a bad idea.

DeletedUser26154

actually killing them 1st isn't necessarily the smart play. As a general rule I target Dragon Drones 1st then Recon Raiders then the plasmas.

download (4).jpg

My Modern Era tanks would flee from your Arctic Future battle units.