• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Attack boosts in GE

DeletedUser25920

As regards opponents army boosts in GE I saw the increase when moving from HMA to LMA, plus I had read posts here in the forums from players in later ages and they were mentioning facing armies with very high boosts in GE. So I know the opponents armies in GE continue getting higher boosts in later ages, but I do not know the exact numbers. I know the ones for LMA, and read that in AF last encounters have 105%, and in PE I think 65%. I have been wanting to know what the enemy boost is in each age, so as to plan accordingly how much I need to level up my attack GB's before entering each new age. Not sure if this the most appropriate thread for this, but if people of higher ages can mention what % boosts they are facing maybe we can have the complete info. What I have so far is the following:
('part' refers to a set of 4 encounters, as they all have the same boost from what I have seen)

[Edited to update the table with info provided in later posts. Please continue to provide whatever data you have, and please make sure to specify which part or battle the % refers to. Also let me know if you see any errors in the table, as I may have interpreted wrongly were a specific % should go]

GE units boosts v8.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26965

Nice, I've been wanting to do this myself for a while so I'm glad to see someone doing it. Oh and don't forget to include the up and coming Level 4.

CE Level 1 Part 4 is 50%

DeletedUser25920

Thanks, and yes I heard about the changes in the attack boosts in beta. That is another reason I wanted to collect this info now, in order to compare with the new boosts, when they become live. They say some encounters have become easier some more difficult, but most players are saying it is more difficult (boosts are higher). Since we do not know (as in it is not written down anywhere ) what the boosts were before in beta (ie the current ones in the live servers) it is difficult to compare. I think from CA and downwards boosts may have been reduced and from CA upwards increased. (so all higher age players finding the difficulty increased).

DeletedUser26965

YW, I'll try to add more here later when I get to the other levels. Hopefully you can fill out the data and keep us updated.

DeletedUser14197

Thanks, and yes I heard about the changes in the attack boosts in beta. That is another reason I wanted to collect this info now, in order to compare with the new boosts, when they become live. They say some encounters have become easier some more difficult, but most players are saying it is more difficult (boosts are higher). Since we do not know (as in it is not written down anywhere ) what the boosts were before in beta (ie the current ones in the live servers) it is difficult to compare. I think from CA and downwards boosts may have been reduced and from CA upwards increased. (so all higher age players finding the difficulty increased).

That doesn't make sense to make them higher for the higher ages. I find the higher the age, the more difficult it is to complete GE.

Future age level 2 battle 11 65% boost

Progressive age level 2 battle 3 25%boost

DeletedUser14197

Oh and don't forget the new GE changes coming that will effect the percentages so you may want to wait or go to beta
[Feedback] Guild Expeditions - New Rewards, Balancing Changes and 4th Difficulty

I think they are trying to destroy their own game. That is the only conclusion I can come up with after reading some of the Beta forum on the new GE changes. I thought I was doing good quitting 2 of my 6 cities, but if they keep going this way, I may be quitting the last 4.

wolfhoundtoo

65% end of level I for FE. Haven't gotten to where it moves up in Level II yet (still facing 65%). I'll post that when I get there.

ITown

70% for level 1 - Arctic
70% until near the end of level 2
90% for most of level 3
The last 4 fights are 115%.

DeletedUser25920

Thanks everyone for your input. I have updated the table with what we have so far. Let me know if you see any errors in the table, and please post more attack % info if you have it, so we can complete the table :)

DeletedUser25920

Great Idea... But too bad they just released a COMPLETE OVERHAUL and ANOTHER REBALANCE for GE, ToR and its Rewards on the BETA SERVER:

https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...ds-balancing-changes-and-4th-difficulty.6911/

https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...ds-balancing-changes-and-4th-difficulty.6910/

I am aware of the upcoming changes that is why I want to gather this information sooner rather than later. Once the changes come to the live servers, the current % will be non-retrievable information (unless someone writes it down somewhere). And then we can also compare which eras have become more difficult and which easier. Over on beta most of the people (of those who posted in the forums at least) say they find the battles more difficult, but in many cases they do not know (ie do not remember) what % boost was in each case before the change.

So if you have any % boost info to contribute from the era(s) you do GE in, that would be very helpful.

DeletedUser14197

Future Level3 battle 1 80%
3/2/1 85%
3/3/1 95%
3/4/1 100%

I forgot to check at the end of the 2nd level. Sorry.

I have updated the boosts for Future as I made it further than I expected to

DeletedUser8420

not sure this goes here...probably not ....but anyway....I just tried the 30% attack boost via the tavern....so why does it seem I am actually taking more damage then without it, especially in GE????

DeletedUser11463

Percentages are all BS anyway. I just attacked a 35/35 sector with a 121/90 a/d rating and even though my troops were superior, they just took out all 8 troops while losing only 4 (and there was a 2nd wave behind that one). So solved the problem very easy. Just bought all the territories with goods and saved myself about 200 troops and aggravation. P.S. The first wave I infiltrated so they all had 1 damage point.