• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Attacker Attack and Attacker Defense

Mik the Maker

I have read a thread lately in my city that there is a limit or situational uselessness for Attacker Attack boosts, vs. Attacker Defense boosts. Here is the important section:

”Note that it is more important to develop Attacker Defense than Attacker Attack. The reason for this is that attack boost power scales asymptotically, so that means it is very difficult to one-shot units, so you only need enough attack to two-shot units, since you will never get enough boost to one-shot units in most cases. However if you work on your Attacker Defense, you can easily get to a point where the enemy can only three-shot or four-shot you. This is why Attacker Defense is much more important than Attacker Attack.”

I generally agree defense boosts are more important since they allow you to use the same units longer, making auto-battle gameplay quicker, and you don’t need as many barracks (assuming you don’t have a Traz, etc).

This is the part that caught my eye, however:

”attack boost power scales asymptotically, so that means it is very difficult to one-shot units, so you only need enough attack to two-shot units, since you will never get enough boost to one-shot units in most cases”

I don’t know what this means. Are they saying that attack boosts will never get high enough that you can smite your enemy with a single blow? I’ve done that on many occasions, and I’m only at +131% attack.

UBERhelp1

Eventually you will reach a point where you can't one shot units since they have too much defense comparatively. It's incredibly hard to one-shot units unless you have insane boosts, especially in higher ages. Instead, if you aim for half that, so you can do two hits per kill, it's much more manageable and possible to get in your city.

You can also aim for doing 7-8 HP hits and levelling your AO to hopefully one shot them (since doing 1.5x damage would finish them off).

Agent327

”Note that it is more important to develop Attacker Defense than Attacker Attack. The reason for this is that attack boost power scales asymptotically, so that means it is very difficult to one-shot units, so you only need enough attack to two-shot units, since you will never get enough boost to one-shot units in most cases. However if you work on your Attacker Defense, you can easily get to a point where the enemy can only three-shot or four-shot you. This is why Attacker Defense is much more important than Attacker Attack.”

What people who state this fail to see is that damaged units can do less damage to you. So if you can hit first, you really are better off with a high attack bonus than attacker defense.You do not need to onehit them. Damage them bad is enough.