• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Attrition : siege camps & traps

Zepiii

Hello,

Could you describe me how the attrition system works exactly ?

For example, a sector with 2 traps but with 3 SC. Is my thinking below ok ?

3 SC, this makes "3x 24%" to NOT activate attrition. So 72%.

So 28% to activate the attrition ?

In these 28%, with 2 traps (2 x 45% = 90%), this gives :
- 90% of 28% to activate double attrition, so 25.2% to have the double attrition ?
- 10% of 28% to activate the simple attrition, so 2.8% to have the simple attrition ?

So in summary, 3 SC, 2 traps, per fight :
- 72% to not take attrition ?
- 25.2% to take double attrition ?
- 2.8% to take simple attrition ?

Thank you

Sc > traps
if the Sc triggers (72% chance with 3 SC) then no attrition. If it does not, then with two traps there is a 90% chance to double the attrition

Zepiii

Hello,

Is it possible to have an official confirmation by a technical staff member ? Or a link to the system ?
Of maybe as a moderator, you are part from the technical staff :) ?

Thank you

Agent327

Hello,

Is it possible to have an official confirmation by a technical staff member ? Or a link to the system ?
Of maybe as a moderator, you are part from the technical staff :) ?

Thank you

It is. All you need to do is go through all the other threads on this subject and you will find it :)

wolfhoundtoo

Forum moderators aren't part of the staff at all. they are volunteers drawn from the player base. Posts by actual staff members are relatively rare so if they've done it before I doubt you'll see them post the same information (even assuming they notice this individual thread).

Zepiii

It is. All you need to do is go through all the other threads on this subject and you will find it :)

I'm sorry but I did a lot of researches and the debate is always the same : additive % stacking versus multiplicative %.

Plenty of people are asking for official sources but never an official reply was given.

Is it possible to get an official statement / description ?

Should I open a ticket in the game maybe ?

Thank you

Emberguard

Forum moderators aren't part of the staff at all.
That depends on how you define staff. Although voluntary they are still contractually bound to work for Inno for the duration of their position.

Is it possible to get an official statement / description ?
I don’t have a link to a official statement to show you and if I found one it may be from a deleted account that wouldn’t show their former position, but it has been confirmed to work that way back when the feature was initially released

Agent327

I don’t have a link to a official statement to show you and if I found one it may be from a deleted account that wouldn’t show their former position, but it has been confirmed to work that way back when the feature was initially released

Now let's see if you are staff :p

Zepiii

Sorry if offended you, that was not the goal.

My mate is really hard to convince and it's a bit weird that we don't have an "official explaination" for this unfortunately :/

wolfhoundtoo

That depends on how you define staff. Although voluntary they are still contractually bound to work for Inno for the duration of their position.

You can't have it both ways. If you moderators are part of the staff then they don't get to post as players in these forums. I don't care either way but the next time someone is complaining about how staff from Inno is being dismissive or less than polite I'll presume you won't be arguing the mods aren't staff. Or when they say something about how you are supporting Inno when they are complaining about the next event you can't claim not to be Inno. Either you are or you aren't.......take your pick.

Agent327

You can't have it both ways. If you moderators are part of the staff then they don't get to post as players in these forums. I don't care either way but the next time someone is complaining about how staff from Inno is being dismissive or less than polite I'll presume you won't be arguing the mods aren't staff. Or when they say something about how you are supporting Inno when they are complaining about the next event you can't claim not to be Inno. Either you are or you aren't.......take your pick.

Moderation

The Moderators (mods) are volunteers recruited by the Admins and Community Manager. They come in Three Forms, and you can tell which is which by their title and the color of their banner:

Forum Moderator: Only have rights in the specific forums they Moderate, nowhere else. They will moderate fairly and will answer any questions you have that they are able to.

In Game Moderator: Not related to forum moderation in any way.

Senior Forum Moderator & Senior Ingame Moderator: Overseers of the Forum and In game Moderators, these people are the ones to go to if you have a problem with any of the forum or in game level moderation or if you have any questions on moderation in general.

If you have a problem with the moderation of any subforum or the forum in general, please do not create a topic or post in public about it. Contact a moderator with your problem and we will either explain the reasons or do our best to solve the problem should one exist. Creating topics and posting about it only serves to increase public unrest and will not solve any problems.

We allow no discussion (this includes instigating discussion, by mentioning specific bans or moderating actions) of Ingame Moderation (or bans or cheating) in the forums.

To report the breaching of rules by another player In Game please use the support system. Do not open complaint topics in the forum. Any reference to IG (In Game) Bans, Ban discussion (forum or IG) or cheating is forbidden. Please note that this includes advertising cheating (i.e, offering premium points for services ingame). The Forge of Empires Team will act with discretion in all situations. This is to maintain the privacy that stands between Moderators and Players, and we expect that privacy to be upheld by players also.

This applies to Forum Moderation as well as IG Moderation.

The mods have a very tough job: it can be hard to keep the balance between a clean forum and a fun forum on a daily basis, and they also receive a lot of negative comments and abuse regularly. We would ask that you remain patient with all moderators and that you would be helpful and polite when talking to them; this will make their job that much easier, and in turn make the forum a more pleasant place.

Please note that most moderators still play FoE! They have as much a right to post in the capacity of a player as any other user on the forums: No mod will ever mod the worlds that they play, and thus there is no element of Bias involved. Remember that they are volunteers, and are players just like you. This means that outside their realm as a moderator, they are to be treated as you would treat any other player.

Individually judging each possible infraction and acting accordingly is at the sole discretion of the FoE Team.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?pages/forum_rules/

Agent327

Congrats you just made my point about you not being staff.

I never claimed I am staff. I am just a volunteer that signed a contract with Inno, so now I have access to info you do not have. You are free to believe info I share is not right or relevant. That's all up to you.

Plain Red Justice

I'm sorry but I did a lot of researches and the debate is always the same : additive % stacking versus multiplicative %.
Why debate when you can just test it yourself? The worst you can do is to simply trust and apply what another person says at face value. Can't you just tap away at 10 sectors worth of 5 to 7 SCs to see if your attrition will increase at all? I'm pretty sure you can do this in 1 or 3 days

Graviton

You can't have it both ways. If you moderators are part of the staff then they don't get to post as players in these forums.

Why not? They are both players and moderators, why can't they post as one or the other depending on the situation?

BruteForceAttack

Sorry if offended you, that was not the goal.

My mate is really hard to convince and it's a bit weird that we don't have an "official explaination" for this unfortunately :/

Dev's are not here to confirm or deny the stats.. maybe open a support case.