• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Auction House

chrisperk

How is someone suppose to compete in the auction house when you have nothing but modern era on taking it over? All the good auctions are taken by them and the junk is left for everyone else! Is there a way to remove it from my city? Or at least a way to stay in my own era and compete? You can't "win" anything when the first bid on a decent item starts out at 50,000 trade coins!

Emberguard

Technological Age is irrelevant. Everything you trade in gives the same value regardless of age. You can compete but it requires strategy, making decisions on how to manage your currency and a bit of patience. Decide what you won’t use in inventory. Trade in high value items on 24 hrs. Limit what you go for on the auction if you know you don’t have the stock to go for everything

chrisperk

Not when you have people starting off at 50,000 plus on an item. You can't compete. Especially when the opening bid only requires around 8,000. In other words forget the little guy. Like I stated before which you did not comprehend everything else is junk after these higher players are finished. It's a rip off just to get us to buy diamonds in order to get more coins. Forget that!

ivjordan

Everyone that is playing the events and GE has the chance to gather like 100K coins in a month or so.
It is obvious, that players with 4, 5 or more years in the game will have bigger inventories than those with two months, but that doesn't make the system unfair.
Prices are the same for all and it is a matter of patience and a little strategy to buy the things you desire at a reasonable cost.

For instance, 1 SoK sells for 8100 coins and one can easily get 5-10 at every event, So here you have your 50K coins, without taking into consideration the other stuff you get in the same event. And, let's say, you have three weeks of GE for the time of this very event, where you get stuff for another 20-30K. So, for the time of a single event, one can gather at least 100K coins.

It isn't that hard at all and has nothing to do with age or diamonds spent. Just patience and a little knowledge of the game.

Emberguard

Chris, if a player prioritizes selling their most valuable items they're going to have a higher income then those that prioritize placing everything into their city.

Decide whether you place higher value on the Antiques Dealer or on event Daily Specials. Then act accordingly.

jorgedetaco

# 1 give up on art expeditions. Im a 20mil pt player with a lvl 35 TOR and expos are out of my range. Same with crows nest, and checkmate. Ive got 6 rotundas and 3 carousels and can't get my hands on a checkmate. Same with all in one cherry kits.
#2 try off hours. 330am to 10am. Thats when the best deals are. If your on from 7pm to 230am dont even bother.
# 3 sit back and watch or ask others what typical price is for an item before buying. More than once ive scored kit#1 for cheap and every other one is 40,000+
# 4 it gets ignored by even higher players, BUT LVL YOUR TOR. Just to lvl 20 greatly improves the amount of gold and jade idols. Which equal tons of tribals, skywatches, and ritual flames for dealer fodder.

jorgedetaco

Remember just like anything else for purchase in this world, buyer beware. As a rule, don't buy goods, fps, coins, or supplies. There goal is to get you to spend. If i remember right, its 980 dealer coin for 180,000 game coin. A 100% coin bost is about 1,900 dealer coin. So depending on city, thats at least 500,000 or millions of extra coin for %50 more.

RazorbackPirate

Not when you have people starting off at 50,000 plus on an item. You can't compete. Especially when the opening bid only requires around 8,000. In other words forget the little guy. Like I stated before which you did not comprehend everything else is junk after these higher players are finished. It's a rip off just to get us to buy diamonds in order to get more coins. Forget that!
In the real world, who has more to sell at an antiques dealer? A person just staring out, or a someone who's spent decades accumulating stuff they can now sell? Who do you think has the investment income to buy the things they want at auction? The person just starting out with little to sell to raise the capital needed, or the person who' sold a ton of stuff and now has an excess of capital? Who can bid the most at auction, the person scraping for capital, or the people with the excess capital?

It is what it is. Plan your moves accordingly. I've been quite successful at auction, and doing it without paying the exorbitant prices you're complaining about. Why? Because I see the AD for what it is and plan my moves accordingly.