• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Battle tips for beginners...

Bonobas

Hi, there... :)
So, as it says, where do I begin when I want to switch from auto battle to manual combat? I did already some auto battles and I think I'm loosing too many troops even they are two eras ahead. How does AI work? Which troops are attacked first? Nearest? Weakest? Is there a detailed guide for that?
Thanks and have a good day! :)

DeletedUser

Hi, there... :)
So, as it says, where do I begin when I want to switch from auto battle to manual combat? I did already some auto battles and I think I'm loosing too many troops even they are two eras ahead. How does AI work? Which troops are attacked first? Nearest? Weakest? Is there a detailed guide for that?
Thanks and have a good day! :)
You should always start with manual battle until you have enough experience to know pretty much how the battle will go if you use auto battle. In other words, never use auto battle unless you know for sure the battle can't be lost.

DeletedUser

OK,... And what about AI? Is there any rules how it acts? Or is it pretty random? :rolleyes:
Are you talking about the AI defense you're facing or the AI that handles your troops when you hit auto battle? The only thing I know for sure is that the AI defense will always target Rogues first if they can reach them, except on the Campaign Map battles.

wolfhoundtoo

OK,... And what about AI? Is there any rules how it acts? Or is it pretty random? :rolleyes:

The defending AI works somewhat differently depending on where you are battling: Continental map, GE or your neighbors city. As a general rule rogues are attacked 1st in GE and the City and last on the continental map. Mostly the AI will target the next unit to move or go after wounded units 1st. As far as I know no one has put out comprehension guide to how the AI acts......

What I suggest you do (if you are on PC) is watch the battle after you hit auto. It will give you some idea how the units work for your side run by the AI and the defender.

DeletedUser32937

When Attacked and home guard wins you should get points for a battle and for Abusive attackers maybe a HitList for those whom plunder your goods repeatedly . some of us are not CREDIT CARD Players and don't have land to build next defensive army yet or have older pc and can not fight in manual battles that good . love the game but gets frustrating ? Hanging inThere till I can upgrade computer !

Algona

When Attacked and home guard wins you should get points for a battle and for Abusive attackers maybe a HitList for those whom plunder your goods repeatedly

If you are getting plundered go to the top of this forum and read the first post of the stickied thred, Help I am being plundered.

Don;t read the rest of the thread, too much brain damage there.

No, defenders hould not get anything for a win, that;s too eay yoo avuse.

some of us are not CREDIT CARD Players and don't have land to build next defensive army yet or have older pc and can not fight in manual battles that good .

I haven;t spent a cent. I have a 2001 win XP PC running outdated chrome. I get along,

Good luck!

DeletedUser32937

If you are getting plundered go to the top of this forum and read the first post of the stickied thred, Help I am being plundered.

Don;t read the rest of the thread, too much brain damage there.

No, defenders hould not get anything for a win, that;s too eay yoo avuse.

I haven;t spent a cent. I have a 2001 win XP PC running outdated chrome. I get along,

Good luck!
OK I Know its part of the Game ,But like in Mafia Wars they had a Hitlist where you could get Even! Thanks for your Time, just thought I'd Vent? Still battling, Negotiating and Wheeling and Dealing to help my Guild