• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Battleground Minimums

DeletedUser

I have found that perhaps two BG threads are needed...one for all the conversation going on about and during battles and miscellaneous stuff and one thread to leave updated instructions, goals, etc. Our instructions sometimes get buried right away because there’s so much excitement and related conversation in the one BG thread we have now.
Do what we do and have guildmates append the current orders to the end of their chatter. That makes it so both can happen, and the current sector(s) are always shown at the bottom of the last post.
We do that in our battle thread and still have rouge members our guild has 78 players all active in GE and GBG I think some just go rouge on accident lol
One of the guilds I'm in changes the GBG thread title to reflect the current targeted sector. For example, A3: [sector name].

DeletedUser3485

I thought opponents in Battlegrounds were supposed to be of relatively equal strength. How do you figure a guild with 9 members is to compete with guilds that have 39 and 32 members?

DeletedUser

I thought opponents in Battlegrounds were supposed to be of relatively equal strength. How do you figure a guild with 9 members is to compete with guilds that have 39 and 32 members?
The number of active participants in a guild, regardless of actual guild size, is one of the factors considered when matching guilds in GBG.

DeletedUser37581

Guilds that do well will see their MMR increase, while guilds that do poorly will see their MMR decrease. Eventually guilds will mostly be matched against guilds that perform at about the same level. However, if you do well against those guilds, your MMR will increase and you will be pitted against stronger guilds.

Algona

Eventually. As Leagues sort out.

If you're in a 9 payer Guild I suppose a Guild with 10 players looks huge, eh? Look on the bright, those 7 players Guilds are gonna be easy prey.

For now some Guilds are getting snot beat out of them, some are in evenly matched brutal 11 day wars of attrition, some are laughing their asses off at how pitiful the competition is.

Just like in GEC, things will eventually get to a place where your competition and you will be generally somewhat evenly matched, but that will depend on three factors.

Size. Participation. Quality of Members.

Your Guild has control on all three of those factors, it's your Guiid's choice on how to address them.

----------

The following is not addressed to you, lorender.

I had a depressing though while writing the above. GBG is gonna be like being plundered, sniped, hoods and GEC and GvG and so many other aspects of this game.

I just realized that the complaints about being overmatched in GBG are never going to end.

There are three excuses players with delusions of adequacy will get to choose from for their whining about 'unfair' matchups.

Sigh.

Agent327

The number of active participants in a guild, regardless of actual guild size, is one of the factors considered when matching guilds in GBG.

I didn't think it was. Thought it was about guild activity in GvG and GE. The number of active participants in a guild has no influence in GvG.

DeletedUser

I didn't think it was. Thought it was about guild activity in GvG and GE. The number of active participants in a guild has no influence in GvG.
It is mostly about guild activity in GvG and GE, at least initially, but part of that is how many of a guild's members actually participate. Which is info that Inno would have access to. I don't know how much of a factor the participation number is, but I know it is one of the factors.

Agent327

It is mostly about guild activity in GvG and GE, at least initially, but part of that is how many of a guild's members actually participate. Which is info that Inno would have access to. I don't know how much of a factor the participation number is, but I know it is one of the factors.

Must be a real weird factor. On a 45 member guild we have about 30 participating in GE and we are doing mediocre. When it comes to GvG we only have two members fighting. They are really doing great and keep us high in the ranking. In GBG we started in gold. How on earth can that be caused by the number of guild members participating?

Super Catanian

How on earth can that be caused by the number of guild members participating?
I could be wrong about this, but could it be possible that the systems of the EN and US servers are different from each other when it comes to determining GBG Leagues from member participation?

DeletedUser

Must be a real weird factor. On a 45 member guild we have about 30 participating in GE and we are doing mediocre. When it comes to GvG we only have two members fighting. They are really doing great and keep us high in the ranking. In GBG we started in gold. How on earth can that be caused by the number of guild members participating?
You are talking like it is the only factor. It is a factor. I do not know the formula or how much weight is given to the various factors. I just know that number of members actually participating is factored in somehow.

Agent327

You are talking like it is the only factor. It is a factor. I do not know the formula or how much weight is given to the various factors. I just know that number of members actually participating is factored in somehow.

You are talking like it is the factor when in GvG it does not matter and in GE with lvl 4 introduced, neither.

DeletedUser

You are talking like it is the factor when in GvG it does not matter and in GE with lvl 4 introduced, neither.
Sorry, wrong on 3 counts in one sentence. Here's my original post on this subject:
Notice that I specifically said "one of the factors". Strike one.
Notice that I did not mention GvG. Strike two.
Notice that I did not mention GE. Strike three.
And just for the complete story, here is the post I was responding to:
Notice how the question also did not mention GvG or GE? It was specifically about Battlegrounds.

Now just so you can have my position clear on this, let me repeat myself. The number of active participants in a guild, regardless of actual guild size, is one of the factors considered when matching guilds in GBG. Get it? Got it? Good.

Agent327

Sorry, wrong on 3 counts in one sentence. Here's my original post on this subject:

Notice that I specifically said "one of the factors". Strike one.
Notice that I did not mention GvG. Strike two.
Notice that I did not mention GE. Strike three.
And just for the complete story, here is the post I was responding to:

Notice how the question also did not mention GvG or GE? It was specifically about Battlegrounds.

Now just so you can have my position clear on this, let me repeat myself. The number of active participants in a guild, regardless of actual guild size, is one of the factors considered when matching guilds in GBG. Get it? Got it? Good.

You just got to love the way you defend yourself. You can feel the frustration in every word you write.

Your original post on the subject.

Is a player that aids all guild members every day active or not?
Is a player that donates to the treassury every day active or not?
Is a player that takes part in guild swaps every day active or not?
Is a player that takes trades of guild members every day active or not?

Need any more "strikes"?

All seem to me active participants in a guild. How do they influence the MMR?

Algona

You just got to love the way you defend yourself. You can feel the frustration in every word you write.

Your original post on the subject.

Need any more "strikes"?

You're off your game, That's a piss poor sloppy attempt at provocation.

SL is talking specifically about GBG in a thread about GBG in response to a query about GBG.

So it;s not rally a stretch to figure that when SL is talking about participation and activity it's about participating in and being active in GBG.

I dig you get emotionally constipated until it all spews out, but can you at least bring you're usual wit, humor, and thought to the process instead of just dumping crap on the forum?

Instead of being an occasionally humorous with some hidden nuggets of wisdom pain in the ass, you're just being a generic hemorrhoid. So grab some emotional Preparation H and sho, err, I mean, apply it accordingly.

DeletedUser3485

Eventually. As Leagues sort out.

If you're in a 9 payer Guild I suppose a Guild with 10 players looks huge, eh? Look on the bright, those 7 players Guilds are gonna be easy prey.

For now some Guilds are getting snot beat out of them, some are in evenly matched brutal 11 day wars of attrition, some are laughing their asses off at how pitiful the competition is.

Just like in GEC, things will eventually get to a place where your competition and you will be generally somewhat evenly matched, but that will depend on three factors.

Size. Participation. Quality of Members.

Your Guild has control on all three of those factors, it's your Guiid's choice on how to address them.

----------

The following is not addressed to you, lorender.

I had a depressing though while writing the above. GBG is gonna be like being plundered, sniped, hoods and GEC and GvG and so many other aspects of this game.

I just realized that the complaints about being overmatched in GBG are never going to end.

There are three excuses players with delusions of adequacy will get to choose from for their whining about 'unfair' matchups.

Sigh.
No, I don't consider a guild with 10 members huge, I would consider more around 20 competitive. Actually Sgt. All the guilds we are competing with this week have more members, 2 of them have over 30-40 members. Not really sure how they decided that that is balanced play. One guild is sweeping up everything we do as soon as we turn around. If the developers are doing their best to make players and guilds not participate, then they've come up with the perfect way. By the way, the way they are clearing us off sectors indicates more than 9 actives members. lol

DeletedUser

You flatter yourself if you think you are more than a very minor irritant. If I thought you were capable of better behavior, your current (and past) postings might be slightly frustrating. But I don't think you're capable of being helpful/congenial/empathetic, so when you post things like this, it's only what I've come to expect from you...and all I think you've shown to be capable of. There are two other reasons you don't frustrate me. One is that real life is full of actual things that can affect me, like idiot drivers who put themselves and others at risk with their stupidity. Nothing in my life changes in the least bit when you post. (Other than occasionally having to deal with one that breaks Forum rules or gets reported by another player.) The second (and biggest) reason is because I place my trust and find my security in God, nowhere else. So whether I am right or wrong on something I post here is irrelevant to whether I am secure and content with who I am. That's the only reason I am able to sometimes simply say, "I was wrong". You seem to find your security in feeling superior to others intellectually. I used to do that, too. I've learned the irrationality of finding security in anything of this world. Ever heard of Ozymandias by Percy Bysshe Shelley? If not, look it up. It captures well the foolishness of trusting in earthly things for security or self-worth.

Need any more "strikes"?

They don't. Unless...they have been active participants in GvG/GE (in the period shortly before GBG started, which is how they determined the original seedings) or are now active participants in GBG. Surely you remember that the original MMR is based on the guild's/players' recent past performance in GvG/GE, right? I mean, that's been mentioned over and over again. And likewise, the fact that performance in GBG going forward is going to be the criteria used. So bringing in all these other factors that you and I both know are irrelevant is kind of...well...foolish, don't you think?