• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Beginner Guide - Hymir

DeletedUser

I'm new to this game and find the Ragu Silvertongue provided little help. I got to the point where it tells me to acquire Hymir with only spearfighters. After bringing my sheep to slaughter (there's no way they can win) I now question whether that was the correct point or if this should have shown up when I had troops with a little more power. I can't beat the armies there with spearfighters and I cannot advance any further without better troops however I have little knowledge of how to get better troops. The guides section here is long, I think this game just might be too complex for me after all.

DeletedUser4074

By Hymir you should definitely have more troops than just spearmen. If you don't, wait until you have done some more research - at least slingers, possibly more, depending on how comfortable you are with the battles.

DeletedUser

facepalm.gif

first, i play ALOT of browser games and this ones pretty simple as far as strategy browser games go.

second the missions are not there to teach you everything about playing this game, mostly they just point you in the general direction you should be heading. and when i say general i mean veeeeeeary general lol

DeletedUser4844

On the plus side, you're doing the right thing by coming to the forums here and asking. Don't pay attention to the silly advisors in game. If you are wondering about an issue, come here and ask. For most questions, especially ones like these, you'll get fast accurate answers.

DeletedUser3364

Assuming absolutely Nothing, here are the very, very Basic answers:

Better troops are unlocked by spending Forge Points
(which are given at the top of your screen at one an hour up to a max of ten, unless you spend them).
Spend Forge Points by opening your research tree
(which are located on the bottom left row of tabs at your city: press the one that looks like two beakers).

Build the Unlocked troop building found in your build menu,
and then spend coins and supplies to build troops
by clicking on the troop building itself.
Better Troops are made available the farther down the tech-tree you get.

Does that make sense, or did you already know all that?
Again: I am assuming absolutely nothing about what you already know.
Generally speaking: Missle Troops will beat most types of opponents,
and Long Range troops are very handy indeed....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thanks for the replies. Normally in games when you get the pop-up "advisor" it's a tutorial to help newbies like myself. It appears after my reading that this is not the case in this game. The advisors showed me very little and I ran out of all resource production before I found that one out. I thought I was following a tutorial line, but it appears it isn't that way.

What is the appropriate troop type to use for taking Hymir? I'm just curious how long before I'll be able to take it down.

DeletedUser4844

It's going to vary somewhat from sector to sector, but Hymir is a bronze age province, so you should be able to take it with bronze age troops. I'd recommend some combination of spearmen and slingers. Probably focusing more on the slingers. Make sure that you send in 8 unwounded troops each time you attack and try to infiltrate before each attack if at all possible.

DeletedUser4074

There is a tutorial line, but it is very basic - once a second advisor pops up you are off the tutorial and onto the main storyline. Working towards what they ask of you will still provide you direction, but it starts to take multiple steps to do things.

I will second gwalchmai's advice about slingers and units at full health. Also note that each type of unit gets a bonus against a different type of unit; if a sector has a lot of one type, try to use the type that gets a bonus against them.

DeletedUser28784

You can defeat Hymir using only spearmen.

Four of the five provinces in Hymir were easy to defeat using eight spearmen. The far north province was hard to defeat and my army was wiped out four or five times.

The key to winning this province with spearmen is to draw the enemy to you. Since the terrain is rough you would lose many units from the slingers while trying to get closer to the enemy. The key is to move your units into the corners as close to the edge of the map as possible to draw the enemy towards you. As soon as the enemy gets within range then rush two spearmen to each slinger to wipe them out first.

DeletedUser26965

You can defeat Hymir using only spearmen.

Four of the five provinces in Hymir were easy to defeat using eight spearmen. The far north province was hard to defeat and my army was wiped out four or five times.

The key to winning this province with spearmen is to draw the enemy to you. Since the terrain is rough you would lose many units from the slingers while trying to get closer to the enemy. The key is to move your units into the corners as close to the edge of the map as possible to draw the enemy towards you. As soon as the enemy gets within range then rush two spearmen to each slinger to wipe them out first.
Well if he didn't get it in the last 4 years he aint gonna:rolleyes::D

DeletedUser40218

I, for one, am glad that reply was posted. My army has been decimated 5 times by the northern section of Hymir. I am very new to the game and don’t really understand the combat.. in fact, I’ve been having it do the auto-battle, which is probably the worst thing I could do.

At least now I have some ideas to try. Thanks!

Super Catanian

I, for one, am glad that reply was posted. My army has been decimated 5 times by the northern section of Hymir. I am very new to the game and don’t really understand the combat.. in fact, I’ve been having it do the auto-battle, which is probably the worst thing I could do.

At least now I have some ideas to try. Thanks!
Welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately, the last reply to this thread was from almost two years ago. No use in continuing discussion now.
In fact, the person that posted that last message has been inactive since September. Good luck getting a constructive response.

DeletedUser

Welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately, the last reply to this thread was from almost two years ago. No use in continuing discussion now.
In fact, the person that posted that last message has been inactive since September. Good luck getting a constructive response.
The person you were quoting wasn't looking for a constructive response, he was merely stating his gratitude for the advice he found in this thread. Even though it is now 6 years old, it is still relevant to any newbies that find themselves at a loss for guidance on this particular point.

Algona

Yup. Double Necro.

Yeah, I noticed that,

The person you were quoting wasn't looking for a constructive response,

You know what we all missed?

Kiara is doing exactly what we should all be doing.

Digging around in old threads. After all it is the Archaeology Event.

SL you should get your team of mods to start burying treasures in old threads. Send me many Diamonds for coming up with the idea.

Super Catanian

You know what we all missed?

Kiara is doing exactly what we should all be doing.

Digging around in old threads. After all it is the Archaeology Event.

Once a week, starting tomorrow, and until the end of the Archaeology event, I will personally necro a thread to celebrate!

EDIT: I've chosen the targeted thread that will be necro'd. Brace yourselves.

Last edited: