• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Berserkers

Shuswapboy2021

To start with I'm new here. If I research Counterstrategy and obtain berserkers can I still STAY and fight in the early middle ages Quests and GBG etc. or do I automatically jump an era and lose all battle points accumulated in this era?

RazorbackPirate

You only move to the next era when you complete the research of a tech in the new era. After getting Berserkers, don't advance your tech and you can hang in EMA as long as you want.

DeletedUser

While Berserkers aren't your first "Wow I am invincible" units like Jaegars they are your first big jump in fighting capability. I would stay there for a bit and enjoy the plateau before moving on. Berserkers are really good for your era.

Shuswapboy2021

First off thank you guys for this, secondly I have to ask...what is classified as a tech? lol Also I guess I can get cross bows as well as long as I dont research a tech I will be able to use both in EMH GE right?

Johnny B. Goode

First off thank you guys for this, secondly I have to ask...what is classified as a tech? lol Also I guess I can get cross bows as well as long as I dont research a tech I will be able to use both in EMH GE right?
The advice you got was wrong. First, Counterstrategy is a tech. When you research it and unlock it to make Berserkers available to you, you will automatically enter High Middle Ages, as that tech is in HMA. Second, since GE and GBG are both ending for this round, if you do want to unlock that tech and move into HMA, you should wait until after GE starts on Tuesday morning, at the very least. Maybe even wait until GBG starts again on Thursday. That way you can get HMA units, but be competing against the same EMA enemies in those areas.

As far as battle points are concerned, they only reset at the end of the weekly PvP Tower tournaments. If you have conquered the higher era C-Map province with the tower, you will be able to use those higher era troops to get battle points in the new age tournament, but you don't lose any of the lower era battle points until the tower tournament ends for that week. (Battle points also count towards your personal ranking points, and you never lose them for that.)

Last edited:

Shuswapboy2021

Ya Thanks. The Pirate should keep quiet when he doesn't know what he's talking about! Yup already advanced. Thanks for the info Johnny. So pissed, could have actually had a superior army for a little while, screwed over by a crusty Pirate, go figure!!

Well I know for next time, Thanks again Johnny.

Johnny B. Goode

Ya Thanks. The Pirate should keep quiet when he doesn't know what he's talking about! Yup already advanced. Thanks for the info Johnny. So pissed, could have actually had a superior army for a little while, screwed over by a crusty Pirate, go figure!!

Well I know for next time, Thanks again Johnny.
You're welcome. I should note, however, that @RazorbackPirate usually gives very good advice. I think he just got a little hasty with posting this time. He really does know the game very well. It just happens that one of my cities is in HMA right now, so I didn't have to look to see that Berserkers were HMA and not EMA. I just wish I had responded faster and saved you the aggravation.

Shuswapboy2021

K awesome, thanks for the reply! Sorry about that Pirate all is good! Have a great St Patty's Day week!

One more thing, I just finished all 38 tasks in the St Pattys challenge but it wont let me move to the next city, am I missing something?

KevinP0208

K awesome, thanks for the reply! Sorry about that Pirate all is good! Have a great St Patty's Day week!

One more thing, I just finished all 38 tasks in the St Pattys challenge but it wont let me move to the next city, am I missing something?
U need a certain number of Shamrocks

DeletedUser

Ahhh I think I need to get 8,6Q after the 38th level, am I right?

You do not have to do all of the tasks before you move on. Better to leave the last 4 tasks alone because they are real timewasters (eg 18.Q shamrocks , 200 building levels , hat factory collecting 200B hats , etc)