• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Blueprints Aren't Random

DeletedUser27889

While yes it can be frustrating I don't see how inno could have made 1 BP rare for someone and a different one rare for another player. Random is as random does and it doesn't always work in your favor. There was a good thread a long time ago here someone posted on the amount of BPs it would actually take to make a full set on average factoring in the doubles.

Granted none of us individually could provide a large enough sample size however just anecdotally my 3 GBs with the most still in inventory levels:
Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 8.37.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 8.37.18 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 8.38.04 AM.png

It may be worthwhile to note that Zeus I have unlocked to level 63. I did not swap prints I just unlocked every full set once I got them. I have since started keeping unlocked sets of GBs in inventory.

You will notice though there are no drastic discrepancies. I'm sure others would have even more BP sets they could show if they wanted but the issue with random is over time you will see it. RQs with chat as well may make you think 1 good is being given less than the others by design however do enough of them and you will see the numbers even out.

DeletedUser32824

This has been frustrating for me. I think I've acquired over 100 CF BPs and gotten like 3 for the bottom center. This is what it looks like after I've fully upgraded it. (Have never swapped prints). I mean to have 31 of one print and 0 of another is wild to me! And a bit frustrating!
chateau.png

DeletedUser

This has been frustrating for me. I think I've acquired over 100 CF BPs and gotten like 3 for the bottom center. This is what it looks like after I've fully upgraded it. (Have never swapped prints). I mean to have 31 of one print and 0 of another is wild to me! And a bit frustrating!
View attachment 10817
What level is it? Or rather, how many levels have you unlocked?

Agent327

Just 17

@Agent327 : I knew someone was in my city stealing my BPs!

I don't really think the BPs aren't random, but it's frustrating being at one end of the bell curve.

Had to get them somewhere :)

I know it is frustrating. I am trying to bring up Terracotta Army and Blue Galaxy and for both I keep missing that one lousy BP in the corner.

*Arturis*

My Arc can be unlocked to 21k levels
The difference between the highest and the lowest one is 381bps
So the percentage is (381/21,000/9)*100= 0.2% of you not getting a match full sets

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

My Arc can be unlocked to 21k levels
The difference between the highest and the lowest one is 381bps
So the percentage is (381/21,000/9)*100= 0.2% of you not getting a match full sets
0.2% is a 20% variance between the highest and the lowest. That's much more than I would have expected.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

0.2% is a 20% variance between the highest and the lowest. That's much more than I would have expected.
You don't know that. To calculate the variance you would need to know the actual number of each of the 9 BPs that he has. And Variance isn't expressed as a percentage in statistics. To get an idea of the real number, I plugged a set of numbers into a Standard Deviation calculator. I used 21000 four times, 21190 once and 21380 four times. Using those numbers, the Variance came out to 32088.88889, and the Standard Deviation came out to 179.1337179. You notice that neither of these numbers is a percentage.

You could express the difference between the high and low numbers as a percentage, but that would be neither the Variance nor the Standard Deviation. Assume that the low number is 21000 and the high number is 21381, which is the best assumption we can make given the information we have. You could express the difference two ways. First, you could say that 21000 is .01781955942191% less than 21381. Or you could say that 21381 is .01814285714285% more than 21000. This is much more descriptive of the results as they are relevant to the expected random results. I think you would agree that with a sample of over 189000 BPs (21000x9), that a difference of less than 2% is negligible.

RazorbackPirate

You don't know that. To calculate the variance you would need to know the actual number of each of the 9 BPs that he has. And Variance isn't expressed as a percentage in statistics. To get an idea of the real number, I plugged a set of numbers into a Standard Deviation calculator. I used 21000 four times, 21190 once and 21380 four times. Using those numbers, the Variance came out to 32088.88889, and the Standard Deviation came out to 179.1337179. You notice that neither of these numbers is a percentage.

You could express the difference between the high and low numbers as a percentage, but that would be neither the Variance nor the Standard Deviation. Assume that the low number is 21000 and the high number is 21381, which is the best assumption we can make given the information we have. You could express the difference two ways. First, you could say that 21000 is .01781955942191% less than 21381. Or you could say that 21381 is .01814285714285% more than 21000. This is much more descriptive of the results as they are relevant to the expected random results. I think you would agree that with a sample of over 189000 BPs (21000x9), that a difference of less than 2% is negligible.
So what you're saying is, LLQ's formula is wrong. Faulty information leads to faulty analysis.

381 / 21,000 = 1.8%

Just shy of 2%. Good enough?

Last edited:

DeletedUser13838

A way to test for randomness is to use a chi-squared test on the total bps of each type (which would include bps that were used to construct and level up the gb). We've done this before on LLQs arc IIRC.