• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Bonuses from Event Buildings

In the current event, I have so far acquired several of the unique buildings, the Golden Crops and some upgrades, as well as 4 of the fields.

I chose to install 2 Wheat Fields and 2 Primrose Blooms for the military bonuses associated with them. By my figuring, I should be getting 10% Defender attack, 12% Attacker Attack and 6% Defender defense.

But when I look at the units in my army management, I don't see these bonuses show up.

Now, I have not installed the Golden Crops, due to space considerations, as well as that the bonuses seem less valuable to me. Do I need to install the Golden Crops next to the fields to activate the bonuses from the fields? The explanations don't say that this is necessary.

What am I missing?

Expletive Deleted

If you're talking about parts of the harvest barn set you need to make sure they are connected to other pieces of the set to earn the boosts.

Sharmon the Impaler

The Golden Crops piece is NOT part of the fields set . There is a missing piece called the Harvest barn that you will find in the Harvest FARM selection kit. The number of places the eligible bonuses is in it the number of OTHER unique buildings from that set that you need to be directly touching. eg. 2 Wheat fields next to 1 Primrose gets no bonuses. Primrose takes 3 unique touching it so would take 1 Begonia , 1 Ochre and 1 Wheat all touching it to get it's full bonus for example.

Got you on the Golden Crops not being part of the same set. I hadn't really thought it was. Was just trying to figure it out.

I have another Harvest Fields Selection kit and when looking at the specs for any of the options, they are labeled as part of the Harvest Farm set. The Harvest Barn is not one of the options. Is the Harvest Barn itself a separate item that I just haven't encountered yet? Is the Harvest Farm selection kit different from the Harvest Fields Selection Kit?

In any case, looking at the info on, for example, the Primrose Bloom, it quite clearly states that "When next to other unique Harvest Farm buildings..." the +1 bonus is +6% defense bonus for Defending Army and the +2 bonus is +10% Attack for Defending Army. No mention of needing the Harvest Barn building itself.

I am not arguing with your statement. I believe you. But the explanation on the items is deficient.

Pickleweasel

If you right-click the game you can go to the wiki. While almost always out of date a bit (ex: the new kit that includes the fields/barns, first available this year, is not listed), it gives you most of the answers to your questions. Of course, the developers aren't doing anyone any favors by including BOTH the fields-only selection kit AND the fields+barn selection kit as separate rewards. It really makes no sense for the fields-only selection kit to even be offered at this point.

"
Harvest Farm - Fields

Together with 6 different fields it forms the full Harvest Farm Set. The more different fields are adjacent to the Harvest Barn and the higher the level of the Harvest Barn itself, the higher is the production output of the whole set. You can obtain these fields with the
Selection kit harvest fields.png
selection kit from quests and grand prize.

"

Agent327

In any case, looking at the info on, for example, the Primrose Bloom, it quite clearly states that "When next to other unique Harvest Farm buildings..." the +1 bonus is +6% defense bonus for Defending Army and the +2 bonus is +10% Attack for Defending Army. No mention of needing the Harvest Barn building itself.

The fields do not "need" the barn. You can place them without it.

If you right-click the game you can go to the wiki. While almost always out of date a bit (ex: the new kit that includes the fields/barns, first available this year, is not listed), it gives you most of the answers to your questions. Of course, the developers aren't doing anyone any favors by including BOTH the fields-only selection kit AND the fields+barn selection kit as separate rewards. It really makes no sense for the fields-only selection kit to even be offered at this point.

"
Harvest Farm - Fields

Together with 6 different fields it forms the full Harvest Farm Set. The more different fields are adjacent to the Harvest Barn and the higher the level of the Harvest Barn itself, the higher is the production output of the whole set. You can obtain these fields with the
Selection kit harvest fields.png
selection kit from quests and grand prize.

"
Thanks for the link. I play on a tablet, so right-clicking doesn't work.

Apparently the Barn is a reward on the questline. Oddly, I don't see it listed on the quest rewards line in-game.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Unless there is a Barn selection kit in the daily specials, no. Barn really isn't worth having anyways.

4 Wheat Fields, 2 Ochre Yards, 1 Autumn Scarecrow, and 1 Begonia Bench make up the best general setup for the pieces. No roads needed:
W | A | W
O | - | O
W | B | W

If the barn isn't available in this year's Fall Event I'd be surprised, but it should be available in the Antique Dealer at some point in the near future.

Pickleweasel

Yes, the barn is available in the daily specials. I have had both the fields-only kit and the fields+barn kit after swapping daily specials so far.

Aethelcatt VIII

Yes, the barn is available in the daily specials. I have had both the fields-only kit and the fields+barn kit after swapping daily specials so far.
Same here. The Harvest Farm kit is probably coming up later as a daily special, but if you have swapped the specials over the last couple of days you would have already seen it.

wolfhoundtoo

Nope. They are all touching.

Show us the layout of how these buildings are in relation to each other either by screenshot or in the manner that Kranyar gave as an example. They clearly work for everyone else so the simplest answer is you are mistaken about them touching. Provide the layout and perhaps someone can determine the problem or you can try filing a ticket to support.

Aethelcatt VIII

Unless there is a Barn selection kit in the daily specials, no. Barn really isn't worth having anyways.

4 Wheat Fields, 2 Ochre Yards, 1 Autumn Scarecrow, and 1 Begonia Bench make up the best general setup for the pieces. No roads needed:
W | A | W
O | - | O
W | B | W

If the barn isn't available in this year's Fall Event I'd be surprised, but it should be available in the Antique Dealer at some point in the near future.
I was going for this setup, but now I'm thinking maybe I should get more defense boost for the attackers. What do you think if I switch the Wheat Fields and Ochre Yards in this? That way there will be a 24% attack bonus and a 32% defense bonus instead of the original 48% and 16%, respectively. Numerically the total boost is a little less, but at this stage in my game I think the defensive capacity of the attacking army is more of a difference maker in a fight, and I currently have about 20% more attack bonus than defense bonus for the attacking army anyway.

And of course, this will also leave room for four more Sentinel Outposts. :)

Last edited:

CherryButterfly

Maybe you have already looked here, but I couldn't tell from the discussion... Have you looked in your Town Hall to the tab marked Boosts? If there are any Attack/Defense Boosts, they will show up to the right of each "category" in the Boost section. Also will give you suggestions of other things in your Inventory List you could build for each Boost. if you have already looked here, and your Fields ARE in fact, touching, maybe go to Support for them to check it out. Most times when I can't find something like a Boost or something, its me, and I will eventually find it right where it is supposed to be, haha!!!

Agent327