• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

C-Map Requirements in Winter Event

• Thread starter DeletedUser36326
  • Start date

DeletedUser36624

There are alternatives in the game already. There have been alternatives to the c-map request already. There are alternatives within the event for literally everything else except the very first quest. So why is the c-map one one of the only ones without an alternative?

Wat? Most of the event quests have requirements with no alternatives.

RazorbackPirate

However, there’s different levels of difficult and that map requirement scales as one pushes the map. I’m not asking for an alternative due simply to difficulty as though any difficulty is the same across the board. At a certain point it takes a huge effort to complete a single requirement in the quest line that’s way out of proportion to any other part of the quest line. I don’t think it’s meant to be that hard.
I'm confused. You're obviously fine pushing the map, you're doing so. You're obviously able to handle how hard it's become, you've done so. Not sure why you've got a complaint about pushing the map this week, when it sounds like you would next week or the week after anyway. In fact, it seems that Inno is fully supporting your play style, which is to push the map.

Again, not sure what you're gripe is. It's just asking you to keep doing what you've been doing. Which you've freely chosen to do up until this point. Now you dig in your heels and decide you don't want to advance the map anymore?

Last edited:

mamboking053

I'm confused. You're obviously fine pushing the map, you're doing so. You're obviously able to handle how hard it's become, you've done so. Not sure why you've got a complaint about pushing the map this week, when it sounds like you would next week or the week after anyway. In fact, it seems that Inno is fully supporting your play style, which is to push the map.

Again, not sure what you're gripe is. It's just asking you to keep doing what you've been doing. Which you've freely chosen to do up until this point. Now you dig in your heels and decide you don't want to advance the map anymore?

It's doable at the moment, but only through negotiations for the most part. Fighting is more or less out of the question. I only have two more provinces to go and then that's it. Eventually, I will have to play through the next age map to complete these types of requirements which becomes even more difficult- fighting wise or goods wise. I do push the map, but the pacing slows as you progress. The difficulty in acquiring the next sector increases.

I think I've noticed a trend in that whenever a cmap requirement is in an event, it will end with a requirement to take a whole province. If this is the case, I don't have many more events left until I'm hoing to gave to age up in order to get quests. I was actually planning to sit in the next age for a while after leveling my Arc, but I still would try to get the expansions for that era...which means pushing the map...which brings me closer to having to age up to continue getting event items. So I have to choose between event items or expansions and next age troops.

Emberguard

I didn't ask for no consequences. I asked for an alternative to that requirement.

Besides...take this scenario. I guy has a gun to your kids head. He wants you to go to your bank account and empty all your money or he'll kill them. You still have absolute freedom... But probability suggests you either love or feel enough responsibility to your children to do what the guy asks. Not saying Inno is that Machiavellian, but it's an example of carrots and sticks from a more practical perspective and all games use it for some reason or another.

Mate - there's no gun.

The scenario is this. Someone is selling ice cream. It costs $5. You're kids are begging you for this delicious ice cream. You don't want to hand over the money, so you ask around your mates and they gift you $5 (goods for cmap progression). Now you can afford ice cream (winter stars / event building)

Thing is there already is no major consequences to not completing the event. It doesn't effect your city at all. There's no penalty here - you just don't get an reward either. Sure you're looking at all the cool stuff everyone else earned and wishing you had one - but it's your choice if you don't want to put in the work. A man who will not work, shall not eat.