• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Can we please merge a few world? Answer me Inno!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid1

I think it would really improve gameplay for the majority of people. I am on Mt.Killmore. Can anyone tell me the active population of the worlds? I am curious. I wish there were more players to interact with. It would make things exciting if I knew my world was getting a large influx of players.

Emberguard

Can they merge? No. There's too many things that you'd have conflicting data on. Even if you wiped friends lists, global rankings, and guilds due to those things conflicting there's no guarantee on what the end result would be. You'd be taking a massive risk on introducing bugs that can't be repaired or losing entire accounts. It's just not worth the risk
Can anyone tell me the active population of the worlds?
Nothing I'd be allowed to tell you :p You could probably work it out by going through Global Rankings and looking a few things up on Google

wolfhoundtoo

You are also assuming that YOUR world would be the one that would have players being forced to move over while it could just as easily be your world being removed from the game. Also there are plenty of players that play on multiple worlds and as noted above there's way to much work involved to move things around like you are suggesting.

The Lady Redneck

Over the years I have played in most worlds and I find the game is very fluid, players come and players go It is up to you to keep up with them. First what sort of interaction are you looking for? If it is social media type chat, you will not get that as the interaction between players is usually game related. What are you doing to engage with other players? How many people do you have on your friends list? How often do you clear out any who are no longer active from your friends list? If you are in a guild that is not active have you tried any others? If your guild is active, what are you doing to be an active part of it?

Agent327

I think it would really improve gameplay for the majority of people. I am on Mt.Killmore. Can anyone tell me the active population of the worlds? I am curious. I wish there were more players to interact with. It would make things exciting if I knew my world was getting a large influx of players.

A large influx of players still means there are max 80 in your guild, max 140 in your friendslist and around 75 in your hood. That leaves world chat as the only place left to interact with more players and the last thing this game needs is a bigger kindergarten.

Ebeondi Asi

Here are a few 'statistics'
Birken (the latest World) active players 5008 Actively fighting 3318
Angkor Active 6407 fighting 4353
a random selection of other Worlds...
G World active players 6699 actively fighting 4531
K World Active players 7581 actively fighting 5045
S World Active players 6360 actively fighting 4234
and a rather old world #2 Brisgard Active players 7422 actively fighting 4912
What this tells me is that Inno has done a great job keeping the Worlds active and with players having a good time with Foe.
I would guess it is because of which World Inno sits up in the offering box for choosing a World to play.

My conclusion is the Worlds are all equally active within random distribution. The problem of the OP here is most likely a problem with his Guild far more than with Innos Worlds. LOL

((I do not right off hand know the meaning of Active as chosen by the entity that made the statistic. it can mean they logged in within x days? and fight may only mean they have at least one fight or x number within X days. most likely a few rather than one? But I really have no idea what the exact range is. This was just to show the op that all Worlds are pretty equal, and not to start some sort of war over semantics)

Last edited:

Rabid1

Can they merge? No. There's too many things that you'd have conflicting data on. Even if you wiped friends lists, global rankings, and guilds due to those things conflicting there's no guarantee on what the end result would be. You'd be taking a massive risk on introducing bugs that can't be repaired or losing entire accounts. It's just not worth the risk Nothing I'd be allowed to tell you :p You could probably work it out by going through Global Rankings and looking a few things up on Google
You would not need to wipe friends list or guilds... global rankings could be updated quite easily. What "bugs" could possibly occur? Worlds/Servers are merged on other games just fine with zero problems.

You are also assuming that YOUR world would be the one that would have players being forced to move over while it could just as easily be your world being removed from the game. Also there are plenty of players that play on multiple worlds and as noted above there's way to much work involved to move things around like you are suggesting.
This would not matter if my world was the one being merged into or the one being deleted. The outcome is exactly the same thing. The people playing on multiple worlds would be an issue though. I am not sure how that would be resolved :(

A large influx of players still means there are max 80 in your guild, max 140 in your friendslist and around 75 in your hood. That leaves world chat as the only place left to interact with more players and the last thing this game needs is a bigger kindergarten.

Your friends list is nonsense. If you aren't keeping it at 79 so you are able to sent invites/delete them after then you are doing it wrong. World chat would not be the only place to interact. Could be tons of threads. I make fp through 1.9+ threads and by selling goods. Having more people in the world would be a great benefit to me. On that note though, I think making the market accessible to the whole "world" would be a giant improvement.

Last edited:

Rabid1

Keeping it at 79 and if not you are doing it wrong.

ROFLMAO
I am sorry, but perhaps you haven't been playing long? Or perhaps you have a low ARC. This is standard practice by anyone in the know. You can't possibly fill everyone's 1.9 without this method. I hope you take away some knowledge from this after you manage to get yourself up off the floor.

Last edited:

wolfhoundtoo

I suspect that it's a matter of play style Rabid. While I do tend to keep my list around 80ish so that I can generate an invite that's a hold over from when I used to do a lot of goods trading with many players. There are plenty of people that can find enough 1.9 GBs in their hood, guild, and friend list to keep their list much higher.

As for everything else you mentioned what happens if your guild name is already in use? Everything in this game needs to be tracked via some kind of ID within the data base which means that those IDs are only unique to one world not across all worlds. As for potential problems I'd imagine it comes down to the actual details of the database and the code and how everyone and everything is coded as to the potential problems. I sincerely doubt it would be quite as easy as you seem to think it to be.

What about GVG? The map must be owned by some guilds already. Who gets that? Worlds don't 'merge'. What really happens is one world goes to another as I doubt they are going to give the 'merged' world a new name. Which means one world is gone and another gets the others players which some people would find upsetting. Also how do you decide how long a guild was ranked #1 in this situation? Much like many people that aren't going to do the work you think your idea should be easy and not much work for whomever is doing the work. I see that all the time in my job and they are rarely correct about it being as easy as they think it would be to do what they want (no it's computer work either).

Rabid1

What about GVG? The map must be owned by some guilds already. Who gets that? Worlds don't 'merge'. What really happens is one world goes to another as I doubt they are going to give the 'merged' world a new name. Which means one world is gone and another gets the others players which some people would find upsetting. Also how do you decide how long a guild was ranked #1 in this situation? Much like many people that aren't going to do the work you think your idea should be easy and not much work for whomever is doing the work. I see that all the time in my job and they are rarely correct about it being as easy as they think it would be to do what they want (no it's computer work either).

Good point. I would still love to see it happen though :(

Emberguard

You would not need to wipe friends list or guilds... global rankings could be updated quite easily.
You would given players play on multiple worlds. If I play (for example) on both Brisgard and Cirgard. If hypothetically you want to merge both those worlds. You’re going to have conflicting data.

What happens to my actual city on both those worlds? Wouldn’t have space to put down everything from both cities even if I wanted to. Wouldn’t be fair to expect to retain my ranking, inventory and city buildings either. It wouldn’t be fair to those who only had one city to suddenly have to compete with those that duplicated results on a second city and then had it combined. I wouldn’t want to lose my progress on one of those cities to retain the other city either.

You also would have to lose all your Great Building progress for one of those cities because you can only have one of each GB and you can’t just move the contributions (the amounts are different for each level)

What if I’m in two guilds? Which guild do I stay in? What if I’m founder on both? What happens to the guilds? Can’t merge guild treasuries without making it unfair to those that don’t have a second guild to merge with. Can’t retain GvG progress either. Can’t go above the 80 member limit if merging guilds

Friends, you have max 140. Even if I only have 80 then you can’t merge the lists because that’s 160-280 friends. You’d be over the limit

What "bugs" could possibly occur? Worlds/Servers are merged on other games just fine with zero problems.
This isn’t other games. I have my reasons for believing it would be far more likely to go wrong then it is to successfully merge. I can’t properly go into details on the why I believe that due to the nature of the reasons, but I have my reasons

GeniePower

I would assume the issue is, mostly with the high level players, that they end up with the same players in the hood every time. I can imagine very well that that gets boring.
If you don't have a solution for that, then this whole issue is DOA.

And as Emberguard just pointed out above, it's basically not a solvable problem.
A previous game I played had a portal where you could pick which account you wanted to keep in case of a merge and would be compensated for the deleted account. You can't merge those accounts, that will for sure give problems.

Emberguard

A previous game I played had a portal where you could pick which account you wanted to keep in case of a merge and would be compensated for the deleted account. You can't merge those accounts, that will for sure give problems.
That’d be one thing if you have a meaningful way to compensate. But what about those that are so advanced (regardless of whether it’s a free to play city or otherwise) it can’t possibly be compensated? What about those that spent thousands per city and would have zero value in being compensated on another city? How exactly would you expect those players to be compensated given refunds would more then likely be out of the question?

Last edited:

Dreikhelm

Didn't this already happen awhile ago? I heard that there was an old Korean language server that got merged into US Arvahall a few years back.

Ebeondi Asi

A point: Taking the six Worlds and averaging them times total Worlds of 28 gives 184,226 players who are active,
Of 184,226 active players... One thinks merging Worlds would somehow solve his problem. so 0.0004269% of players want this? (assuimng any player who wants this would have written asking as this player has.) And you know what is funny I am willing to bet such a merge would not solve this op's problems.
this does not take into account players who play multiple Worlds? (but then IMO those players should have multiple says in the idea.)

Emberguard

Didn't this already happen awhile ago? I heard that there was an old Korean language server that got merged into US Arvahall a few years back.
Did a bit of googling on that. According to a Facebook post by a player it took a month to transfer the data of 50 players, and that was only 10 percent of the players needing to be transferred according to the post.

That's rather interesting as I was not aware of that.

However moving from the Korean server to the US server would merely be moving accounts over and ensuring the data fits. That's not the suggestion in this thread. If we're merging worlds within the same server you'd have to figure out how to deal with any account that as a result of the merge would have two cities on the same world. What happens to the second city?

What would be your solution for a account that already exists on both locations? Korean to US doesn't have that issue of existing in two places simultaneously prior to merging.

The Lady Redneck

OK as I already stated I used to be a multi world player. At one time having 16 cities. When I decided the game had changed to the point that playing so many worlds was no longer sustainable, I had to start deciding which cities to delete. I had made friends in all those worlds, and was a leader in quite a few of them. So it was not an easy decision. And it took some time to finally get down to the 2 worlds I now play in on the live servers. Both are completely different and necessary to how I see me playing the game for the foreseeable future. From my perspective both are relatively young cities. A young fighting city that I intend growing on. And a diamond farm in LMA that is now beginning to repay the effort I have put into it and is also still developing.. Both have taken time and effort that I do not care to simply throw away. I have no wish whatsoever to see those 2 worlds merged. But if they were the worlds you wished to merge for your convenience, which do you suggest I lose? How do you intend to compensate me for the time and effort I have put in to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.