• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Caravansary Upgrade

• Thread starter DeletedUser15539
  • Start date
Not meaning to single out your post alone ... But several people have mentioned “abusers”.

How would using the caravan in any case, not be abuse?
What makes what one player may use it for abuse, while it may not be the same for another player?

Invisible Whipping Boy

No problem!

My husband and I both play FOE. I had to notify Inno of this because its against the TOS to have more than one account per internet connection. They do this because some people pretend to have another family member on playing in their home, but really its just that one player POSING as two. From their point of view, one world is purely only in existence to build up another world. For example, only creating a world to donate all the FPS to the other's GBs. I realize this isn't the exact same thing..multiple accounts vs. multiple worlds but you get the idea.

Frankly, I think its silly since I see plenty of diamonds farms around...that seems like the same sort of thing...

Mustapha00

You would prefer we ignore the potential for abuse? Especially when it's right there as part of the official proposal format? The OP, or one of us, is supposed to point it out and come up with a way to mitigate it, if there is one.

In the case of this proposal, it would introduce a brand-new game mechanic which is completely counter to the strict prohibition against being able to build up one's other worlds by using one on the same account. I would say this proposal has far more potential for abuse than most. The last thing we should do is ignore it.

Oh gosh no- that's not what I meant at all.

What I was trying to say (and it appears my attempt was less than clear) was to bemoan the fact that many reactions to rather interesting proposals must be considered first for their potential for abuse by the player base rather than by the potentially enhanced gaming experience of said player base.

qaccy

People have become so trained to immediately say 'no' to any new idea that they do it even when it's not an actual proposal. Even got a -1 post in this thread for something that not only isn't a proposal, it also isn't in the proposal forum!

Anyway, I think this is kinda interesting. I hope the proposed idea doesn't revolve around having the actual building in each city, though, and that this is just used as a reference point instead for some sort of inter-server connectivity feature. Diamonds are already shared between servers, and if Inno ever did do something like this I'm pretty sure they'd hash out the details in a way that prevents most or all of the 'abuse' that everyone here seems to be so worried about. The listed values in the initial post, however, do not seem like something to lose our minds over.