• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Caravansary Upgrade

• Thread starter DeletedUser15539
  • Start date

DeletedUser15539

I've been pondering changes to the Caravansary for awhile. This is not a Proposal. I'm just interested in what other players think about this idea.

Currently, the only things that go between worlds are diamonds and your experience. I've been pondering adding the Caravansary to that list, to make it more in-line with real life. The features would be along these lines:

- You can send one caravan at a time out from a Caravansary in one of your worlds, to a Caravansary in another of your worlds.
- The length of time it takes for the caravan to arrive would depend on the distance between the worlds. From "A" to "B" might take an average of two days, from "A" to "Z" might take an average of 18 days.
- Just like in real life (at least in the ancient/medieval times) you wouldn't know exactly when (or if) your caravan would arrive. So there would be a plus or minus 25% to the arrival time, and a 1-2% chance each day the caravan would be lost.
- Uncollected caravans in your destination city can be plundered.
- A caravan could carry along the lines of one blueprint, or 10 goods, or 10 fp.
- I'm wondering if a caravan could also carry one military unit of the same tech age as the destination city, or maybe also one tech age higher. There are already methods to get higher tech age units in your city, why not add another method?
- If a caravan is transporting a military unit, its odds/day of being lost en route are reduced by 50%.

What do you think?

Algona

What do you think?

I enjoy these sorts of discussion threads. Thanks!

Huge flavor and nostalgia wins. I loved my Caravansary way back in the mists of time.

I'm wary of any kind of interworld transfer of Resources. If the amount or type isn't valuable enough to be abusable, or there are so many limits that it can't be abusable, then it prolly ain't worth shipping.

First impression, I'll revisit eventually.

Mustapha00

It's a rather sad observation on the state of things when you have to view a (quite interesting and creative, by the way) proposal through the lens of potential for abuse.

Graviton

It's a rather sad observation on the state of things when you have to view a (quite interesting and creative, by the way) proposal through the lens of potential for abuse.

You would prefer we ignore the potential for abuse? Especially when it's right there as part of the official proposal format? The OP, or one of us, is supposed to point it out and come up with a way to mitigate it, if there is one.

In the case of this proposal, it would introduce a brand-new game mechanic which is completely counter to the strict prohibition against being able to build up one's other worlds by using one on the same account. I would say this proposal has far more potential for abuse than most. The last thing we should do is ignore it.

The Lady Redneck

With players using every loophole they can find it is the first thing you should do. If players get a chance, they will kill anything just for their own profit.
Exactly ......... I know it would not apply to all players But I have seen people who play from the same IP address, get the proper permission from INNO to do so, They now go on to work the game to get themselves into a position where they then hog and snipe the top spots on their own and all other GBs on guild swap threads. They work every aspect of the game they can to their own advantage. To the point that honest members end up so discouraged they either quit the guild or go looking outside and donate to friends GBs where they get a fair crack of the whip. In the End the guild still exists but most members leave and the life and fun goes out of it. What they would do if they also had the open ability to transfer stuff between their different cities does not bear thinking about.

DeletedUser30312

Interesting idea, but it's far too open to abuse of course. It's just the nature of online games, there'll always be players who look for the maximum benefit for the minimum cost, and it affects balance for everyone.

Kranyar the Mysterious

But I have seen people who play from the same IP address, get the proper permission from INNO to do so
There are much easier, and less risky ways for people to do that if they want, rather than getting permission. And, as far as I'm aware when you get that permission you are unable to donate to buildings on the same ip address. The real question is why people bother to do it, since a good guild will help you more than you could ever hope to help yourself.

The Lady Redneck

And, as far as I'm aware when you get that permission you are unable to donate to buildings on the same ip address.
I thought that too. But they do it. And I see no purpose to it either. As you say a good guild will help you more. But such is the nature of some folk.
Which is why I think that this proposal would not work. Even though it does have merit.

DeletedUser15539

Thank you for your replies.

What I envisioned when I was pondering this idea was something similar to earning another Level 5 Dojo or Runestone. Something most people would agree is nice to have, but probably not worth the effort of doing five more settlements, but still an option for a dedicated player. I deliberately thought of the benefits of sending an interworld caravan to be just barely worth the effort if there was a screaming need, such as not being able to get that 9th blueprint for several months.

I like the idea, its too bad abusers have ruined lots of good ideas. Which means Inno wouldn't allow that unless they could monitor that. Like they now do with GB contribution to someone with the same internet connection.

DeletedUser36572

I like the idea, its too bad abusers have ruined lots of good ideas.

Not meaning to single out your post alone ... But several people have mentioned “abusers”.

How would using the caravan in any case, not be abuse?
What makes what one player may use it for abuse, while it may not be the same for another player?

Invisible Whipping Boy