• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

CE Tech block

Jern2017

There is a way to get three MG Teams from a side quest, but it's triggered by how you take a province if I'm not mistaken. If you've reached the tech block, you missed your chance to get them, same as I did.

As for the Commandos, you should have gotten five. You get one from a side quest called Predator (hidden reward) and four from a story quest called Ships in the Night (hidden reward as well, but not abortable).

-Sebastian-

There is a way to get three MG Teams from a side quest, but it's triggered by how you take a province if I'm not mistaken. If you've reached the tech block, you missed your chance to get them, same as I did.

As for the Commandos, you should have gotten five. You get one from a side quest called Predator (hidden reward) and four from a story quest called Ships in the Night (hidden reward as well, but not abortable).

I got 5 MG teams in Indy, from doing the PME map and PME story quests. The 2 quests were "Business with Che" (2 units) and "More Business with Che" (3 units). I think the trick was to only negotiate with Che (regardless of how much the story quests pushed me to attack him), and leave one of his provinces incompletely acquired, while moving ahead in the provinces on the other half of the map. Another quest in that line called "Che, Again" gave me 2 more Commando units, for a total of 7.

I also got 2 Rocket Artillery by aborting "Your Choice: Truth or Dare?" and covering up for Colonel Lang. But I had to give up on getting 50 diamonds (times whatever my CF bonus is) and 10 FP. :-/

And for completeness' sake, "The Horrors" gives 1 PME Champion unit. And "Fresh Recruits" is a PME side quest that would give 2 more Rocket Artillery, but I don't recall triggering it (or maybe I accidentally aborted it). But I'm not in PME yet.

Space Age Marz

I'm in the PME. I've reached the CE tech block (research Stress Management). Yesterday, I went ahead and conquered the TE Continent Map to get more expansions. I got three TE side quests: Gadgeteer (which I aborted as it required me to produce TE resources), one that I completed but can't remember its name and a third one called Media Control from which I received a Surveillance Nexus.

I was under the impression that while story quests are tied to your progress on the Continent Map and side quests are triggered by your progress in story quests. I was wrong and now I'm wondering if it's possible to get TE/FE units from side quests while being tech blocked in the CE.

Did you ever figure this out? I’m in the same spot (Indy age) and it looks like I may be forced to age to CE to get the hovers I’m after

Pericles the Lion

Did you ever figure this out? I’m in the same spot (Indy age) and it looks like I may be forced to age to CE to get the hovers I’m after
You should check out UBER's "Higher Age Units Guide" if you haven't already. It's in the "guides" folder. It guided me when I aged up to InA. Thankfully, I hadn't researched any InA techs before stepping off with the guide. I got through the FE c-Map and got to the Hover Tanks with no technologies to spare.

Space Age Marz

You should check out UBER's "Higher Age Units Guide" if you haven't already. It's in the "guides" folder. It guided me when I aged up to InA. Thankfully, I hadn't researched any InA techs before stepping off with the guide. I got through the FE c-Map and got to the Hover Tanks with no technologies to spare.

Thanks,

That’s the thing Ive been following the guide but still ended up where @Jern2017 was. I still have truth or dare as a quest and I negotiated all of joy’s provinces. Didn’t take the 2 FE spots that are needed for the quests. I may be stuck but I want to make sure before doing anything else